Inns and Lodges on the Access Road

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Inns and Lodges on the Access Road

Post by Skibumtress »

I have friends with two kids from Florida who are thinking of coming to K in January. Trying to suggest some package deals for them. Told them to go to the K website.
What are the nicer inns and lodges on the access road? Any with pools, etc?
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: Inns and Lodges on the Access Road

Post by Bubba »

Summit, North Star, Inn of the Six Mountains. They might be better off with a condo rental. If they're thinking the first two weeks in January, those weeks are dirt cheap "College Weeks".
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Doria
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Doria »

Mountain Green...building three....easy access to Snowshed/Ramshead by shuttle or walking....pool, restaurant, ski shop, and market all in the same building. Who could ask for more?
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

Doria wrote:Mountain Green...building three....easy access to Snowshed/Ramshead by shuttle or walking....pool, restaurant, ski shop, and market all in the same building. Who could ask for more?
+ Maya Papaya new dely, take out, great fresh fish, seafood and organic veggies at MG. I tried it this weekend :like :like :like .
http://mountaintimes.info/maya-papaya-c ... illington/
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

http://www.castlehillresortvt.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Kids? Okemo would be a better choice...
Where is Happy Hour ?
Powderputz
Bumper

Post by Powderputz »

Check Trip Advisor and Yelp. They'll offer a glimpse, be aware of haters who write reviews like "Horrible" while some others might write, "FIVE STAR perfection". I'm always wary of greatly disparaging reports on a particular business. Look for patterns of consistency and that should give you a good idea.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

tt431 wrote:Maya Papaya new dely, take out, great fresh fish, seafood and organic veggies at MG. I tried it this weekend :like :like :like .
http://mountaintimes.info/maya-papaya-c ... illington/
Thanks for that. I've been looking for a good seafood market in the area ever since Mr. C's in Rutland closed several years ago (loved that place). The stuff they sell in the supermarkets just doesn't cut it for me & Salt Water Cowboy never did either. I'll have to check it out.