madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Science Rant, Not politics: Can CO2 cause "Climate Chang

Post by madhatter »

Woodsrider wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:As usual you miss the point Madhatter. I have been trying to figure out for a while now if you are choosing to miss the point as a distinct strategy or if you simply don't have the intellect to keep up. The fact that you call others ignorant for your lack of understanding is a key indicator. I am heavily leaning to the latter.
so what IS your point? seems to me you are attempting to say that the pope is to be followed on THIS particular point because it supports your cause...even if the left is adamantly against the popes stance on other issues they hold dear...

or was there something else you were trying to say here that I missed?
No, not even close. You may want to sit this one out big guy.
so here's your ENTIRE post:
Woodsrider wrote:Pope to Promote Action on Climate Change:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl ... /25870847/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WHAT is your point? other than: "Pope to Promote Action on Climate Change" which I assume you approve of and want others to approve of as well?

which would be EXACTLY the same as:
the pope is to be followed on THIS particular point
if your point is something other than the entirety of what you wrote ya kinda need to post that I'm not kreskin...
I posted a link to an article. If you don't see the controversy here, then sit this one out. It's over your head.
either your point hasn't been made or your point is obscure and delusional.... I have no idea wtf you are attempting to say... do you? I've asked more than once for you to post YOUR point...so far you've deflected w personal attacks...

what exactly is this "controversy" ?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

madhatter wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:
madhatter wrote:so what IS your point? seems to me you are attempting to say that the pope is to be followed on THIS particular point because it supports your cause...even if the left is adamantly against the popes stance on other issues they hold dear...

or was there something else you were trying to say here that I missed?
No, not even close. You may want to sit this one out big guy.
so here's your ENTIRE post:
Woodsrider wrote:Pope to Promote Action on Climate Change:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/worl ... /25870847/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WHAT is your point? other than: "Pope to Promote Action on Climate Change" which I assume you approve of and want others to approve of as well?

which would be EXACTLY the same as:
the pope is to be followed on THIS particular point
if your point is something other than the entirety of what you wrote ya kinda need to post that I'm not kreskin...
I posted a link to an article. If you don't see the controversy here, then sit this one out. It's over your head.
either your point hasn't been made or your point is obscure and delusional.... I have no idea wtf you are attempting to say... do you? I've asked more than once for you to post YOUR point...so far you've deflected w personal attacks...

when you decide what your point is be sure to let me know...If anyone else has any idea, please let him know so he can convey it...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

here's mine:

mach es sehr schnell

Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Post by Sgt Eddy Brewers »

madhatter wrote:either your point hasn't been made or your point is obscure and delusional.... I have no idea wtf you are attempting to say... do you? I've asked more than once for you to post YOUR point...so far you've deflected w personal attacks...

Yeah. Woodsrider what was your point in posting that link? The Pope is worried about climate change. OK. So what. I agree with MH that most people who agree with the Pope on THIS issue have HUGE problems with his positions on many OTHER issues( abortion, gay marriage, birth control, etc

Yes they do agree with him on some "social justice" issues where he almost makes communism seem moderate. But...so what.

I am virtually certain that saying "The Pope says it is true so it must be true" would elicit howls from most progressives on any of the issues mentioned above.

We are supposed to be impressed with his position on this single issue?

I suppose your confusion arises from your primitive instincts to ascertain truth based on tribal affiliation?

Are you saying: "You right wing guys all agree with the Pope. He is from your tribe! And even HE thinks we are right!"

More evolved humans decide their position on any issue based on facts and logic NOT which tribal authorities (Papal or IPCC) endorse it.
Ski the edges!
Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Post by Rime & Reason »

madhatter wrote:
Rime & Reason wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:
madhatter wrote:cuz they'll gobble the knob of ANYONE who even remotely agrees w them no matter who they are or where they stand on any other issues......
Just like you.
yeah I'm gonna go w I don't think so...Pretty sure you'd have a hard time finding even ONE example of me " being ecstatic" over anyone, let alone over someone who besides one single value is basically at odds w my entire philosophy...( the way the pope and Catholicism are pretty much at odds w every other leftist ideal)
Careful Madhatter, your ignorance is showing again. These days the Catholic Church is very much anti-war and their charities do a great deal to help the disadvantagedpretty sure that's LONG been their philosophy so not sure where you are getting "these days" from... -- just 2 of their “leftist ideals”. the church funds its own charities while the "left" insists that the state fill that need, hardly the "same leftist ideals"JFK was Catholic, and don’t get me started on the new Pope. he's catholic too...start there I guess...In fact, I think the main reason that the Catholic Church does not have much sway in U.S. politics is precisely because by law they are not allowed to actively engage in politics lest they lose their non-profit religious exemption?their philosophy promotes causes on both the left and the right, anti-war and pro-charity are not exclusives of the left or right AFAIK...and I'm pretty sure that traditional marriage, no birth control and no abortions are high up there on their list of "priorities"rather than significantly favoring one over the other.

“There are 83 Catholics among the 234 Democrats in the House or Senate, good for 35 percent of the Democrats' total, and 81 Catholics among the 301 Republicans in Congress, or 27 percent of the GOP's total” or ya know , TWO fewer...
http://americamagazine.org/issue/catholics-congress" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
with the left's anti religious bent, it's hard to imagine what your point is but as someone succinctly put it...
I'll listen to the Pope on this when Nancy Pelosi listens to him on abortion,gay marriage and birth control. I will also act like this is a crisis when Al Gore begins to live like Ed Begley Jr.
so as usual I'm gonna go with you projecting YOUR ignorance as the main theme of your post, whether it was intentional or not....

Madhatter, you said, and I quote, “The way the pope and Catholicism are pretty much at odds w every other leftist ideal”. I already posted 2 leftist ideals that the Catholic Church actively support -- being anti-war, and charities for the disadvantaged. I told you that there is almost an even split between Catholic Democrats and Republicans in Congress. Let me throw in one more leftist ideal -- the Catholic Church is also against the Death Penalty. I have certainly proven my case that the Pope and Catholicism are not at odds with every leftist ideal. Not even close. Even your pal Eddy just said, “Yes they do agree with him on some social justice issues”. Clearly your statement was wrong. Very wrong.

Now, most posters when faced with this situation would quietly back away from the issue and pretend it never came up. Perhaps a few brave souls would take the high road and actually admit that they were wrong. Not you though. Instead you doubled down and tried to explain away my argument point by point. Seriously? You think anyone is falling for that? If you had not doubled down maybe you could have claimed confusion or misunderstanding, but too late. No, you were either outright lying to us, or you were seriously ignorant on a topic that you pretended to know something about. Which is it?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Rime & Reason wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Rime & Reason wrote:
madhatter wrote:yeah I'm gonna go w I don't think so...Pretty sure you'd have a hard time finding even ONE example of me " being ecstatic" over anyone, let alone over someone who besides one single value is basically at odds w my entire philosophy...( the way the pope and Catholicism are pretty much at odds w every other leftist ideal)
Careful Madhatter, your ignorance is showing again. These days the Catholic Church is very much anti-war and their charities do a great deal to help the disadvantagedpretty sure that's LONG been their philosophy so not sure where you are getting "these days" from... -- just 2 of their “leftist ideals”. the church funds its own charities while the "left" insists that the state fill that need, hardly the "same leftist ideals"JFK was Catholic, and don’t get me started on the new Pope. he's catholic too...start there I guess...In fact, I think the main reason that the Catholic Church does not have much sway in U.S. politics is precisely because by law they are not allowed to actively engage in politics lest they lose their non-profit religious exemption?their philosophy promotes causes on both the left and the right, anti-war and pro-charity are not exclusives of the left or right AFAIK...and I'm pretty sure that traditional marriage, no birth control and no abortions are high up there on their list of "priorities"rather than significantly favoring one over the other.

“There are 83 Catholics among the 234 Democrats in the House or Senate, good for 35 percent of the Democrats' total, and 81 Catholics among the 301 Republicans in Congress, or 27 percent of the GOP's total” or ya know , TWO fewer...
http://americamagazine.org/issue/catholics-congress" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
with the left's anti religious bent, it's hard to imagine what your point is but as someone succinctly put it...
I'll listen to the Pope on this when Nancy Pelosi listens to him on abortion,gay marriage and birth control. I will also act like this is a crisis when Al Gore begins to live like Ed Begley Jr.
so as usual I'm gonna go with you projecting YOUR ignorance as the main theme of your post, whether it was intentional or not....

Madhatter, you said, and I quote, “The way the pope and Catholicism are pretty much at odds w every other leftist ideal”. I already posted 2 leftist ideals that the Catholic Church actively support -- being anti-war, and charities for the disadvantaged. those aren't "LEFT WING IDEALS" leftists want the STATE to be the "charitable" organization via coerced taxes, while the church IS its own charitable organization via VOLUNTARY contributions...so stop trying to glom on to a noble ideal by associating it with you lecherous scabsI told you that there is almost an even split between Catholic Democrats and Republicans in Congress. Let me throw in one more leftist ideal -- the Catholic Church is also against the Death Penalty. I have certainly proven my case that the Pope and Catholicism are not at odds with every leftist ideal. Not even close. Even your pal Eddy just said, “Yes they do agree with him on some social justice issues”. Clearly your statement was wrong. Very wrong.

Now, most posters when faced with this situation would quietly back away from the issue and pretend it never came up. Perhaps a few brave souls would take the high road and actually admit that they were wrong. Not you though. Instead you doubled down and tried to explain away my argument point by point. Seriously? You think anyone is falling for that? If you had not doubled down maybe you could have claimed confusion or misunderstanding, but too late. No, you were either outright lying to us, or you were seriously ignorant on a topic that you pretended to know something about. Which is it?
yeah that's it...Catholicism, Christianity and religion are left wing ideals...you really are a special kinda stupid ain't ya? you've got a paradigm invented in your head that doesn't exist in the real world... congrats for proving your outright insanity...The big difference between progressive lefties and the catholic s church is they asks for money for funding on a voluntary basis while the progressive left demands it from everyone else via govt proxy...But the real divide is in the case of morality issues where the church is highly unlikely to ever embrace leftwing ideals of abortion, unwed mothers, gay marriage, and birth control...perhaps what you meant to say is that the very secular left is adopting some of the churches ideals? cuz it's certainly not the other way around....

The Democratic Party is facing a Catholic apocalypse

http://www.salon.com/2015/03/15/the_dem ... pocalypse/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
While Catholics have been swing voters since Richard Nixon’s second term, white Catholics are now identifying as Republican by historic margins. According to the most recent polling from the Pew Research Center, 53 percent of white Catholics now favor the GOP, versus 39 percent who favor the Democrats—the largest point spread in the history of the Pew poll. And for the first time, white Catholics are more Republican than the voting group usually considered the ultimate Republicans: white Protestants (a designation that includes both mainline and evangelical Protestants).
But neither of these trends explains why white Catholics have abandoned the Democratic Party so suddenly and so dramatically. After all, in 2008 Barack Obama managed to keep his margin of loss of white Catholic voters to John McCain to just 5 points. But four years later, he lost the white Catholic vote to Mitt Romney by a stunning 19 points.

Krueger points to the Catholic bishop’s demonization in 2011 of the “contraceptive mandate” in the Affordable Care Act, and their subsequent ginning up of the war on “religious liberty” — which was joined by elements of the religious right and fused with its war on Obamacare — as another factor helping to drive Catholics toward the GOP. And the numbers bear Krueger out. According to Pew, between 2009 and 2014, the number of white Catholics who said the Obama administration — and by inference the Democratic Party — was “unfriendly to religion” more than doubled from 17 percent to 36 percent.
This concern about government overreach with the Affordable Care Act and out-of-control spending, as well as about illegal immigration, points to a “Tea Party-ization” of white Catholics. And trends in Congress bear this out. Even as Catholic voters first began to shift their loyalties in terms of presidential elections, the House of Representatives remained a Catholic Democrat bastion. In 2009, there were almost three times as many Catholic Democrats as Catholic Republicans — 98 Democrats to 37 Republicans. But as of 2015, House Republicans who identify as Catholic outnumber Catholic Democrats — 69 to 68 — for the first time ever.
Things get more dire at the state level and pose particular challenges to Democratic efforts to win back control of either chamber of Congress. In the 2006 off-year election, the white Catholic vote spilt just about evenly between Democratic and Republican congressional candidates. But by 2010, a yawning 20-point gap opened up that increased to 22 points in 2014.

“The shift in the Catholic vote should really be a wakeup call to the Democrats,” says Krueger. “White Catholics are 18 percent of the electorate and Catholics vote 1 to 2 percentage points above their representation in the overall population. This is a significant voting bloc that now perceives Republicans as being more welcoming to people of faith.”

Catholics Beginning to Move Away from the Democratic Party

http://www.catholicworldreport.com/Blog ... party.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the Pew Religion and Public Life Project reported late last month that Catholics are continuing to trend toward the Republican Party. Fifty-three percent of white Catholics now identify with or lean toward the Republican Party, while only 39 percent of them identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party. This is a significant shift from 2008, when Pew found that 41 percent of white, Catholic registered voters identified with or leaned toward the Republican Party, and in 2011, when 49 percent did.
a registered Democrat since 1969, he decided to switch his voting registration to the Republican Party: “I just said I can’t be associated structurally with that group, in terms of abortion and NARAL and Planned Parenthood, and the same-sex marriage agenda and the cultural destruction I saw going on. I just couldn’t do it anymore…. The a-ha moment for me was the 2012 Democratic National Convention…. It was just awful.”
In an attempt to shift the white Catholic vote back to the Democratic Party, progressive faith-based groups like Faithful America, Catholics for Choice, and Catholics United—flush with foundation money from abortion supporters at the Soros Foundation, and same-sex marriage advocates like the Gill Foundation and the Arcus Foundation—are now attempting to convince Catholics that the Democratic Party best represents their interests. Catholic San Francisco, the official newspaper of the Archdiocese of San Francisco, has reported that these philanthropists have funded the most recent attacks on San Francisco’s Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone. On June 19, when Archbishop Cordileone announced his plans to speak in favor of traditional marriage at the National Organization for Marriage’s march on the Supreme Court in Washington, DC, Faithful America—a 501c (3) organization funded by George Soros’ Open Society, Jon Stryker’s Arcus Foundation and the Gill Foundation—spearheaded a petition drive on Facebook and other social media decrying what they described as Archbishop Cordileone’s “lending the Church’s authority to the vitriol and hatred—and undermining Pope Francis’ call for a more compassionate Church.”

It is unlikely that spending money to attack Church leaders will help, as faithful Catholics understand that Catholic teachings on marriage cannot be changed through a marketing campaign. A Pew report released last month indicated that support for same-sex marriage has actually declined—dropping below 50 percent from a high of 54 percent last February.

It is more likely that pro-life issues are driving the departure from the Democratic Party. Millennial Catholics—those born after 1981—are more pro-life than their predecessors, and many of them are motivated to vote. Although these young Catholics are also more likely to support access to marriage for same-sex couples, their support for restrictions on abortion may trump the same-sex marriage issue.
A February 2012 study by the Pew Foundation revealed that among white Catholics under age 30, support for the GOP has increased from 41 percent in 2008 to 54 percent in 2011. White Evangelicals under age 30 are even more heavily Republican than those Evangelicals over 30 (82 percent vs. 69 percent). These young, faith-based voters are the future, and it would seem that many of them are coming to believe that a party that has elevated as its most important increasing access to abortion—including late-term abortion, and tax-payer funded abortion in the Affordable Care Act—does not represent their views.

as always when you post your idiotic opinion, it rarely reflects reality, but some twisted idea most likely caused by brain damage suffered during a late term abortion ...dare to be stupid, it's all you got...

Margaret Sanger-- out
mach es sehr schnell

Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

madhatter wrote:
Rime & Reason wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Rime & Reason wrote:
madhatter wrote:yeah I'm gonna go w I don't think so...Pretty sure you'd have a hard time finding even ONE example of me " being ecstatic" over anyone, let alone over someone who besides one single value is basically at odds w my entire philosophy...( the way the pope and Catholicism are pretty much at odds w every other leftist ideal)

Madhatter, you said, and I quote, “The way the pope and Catholicism are pretty much at odds w every other leftist ideal”. I already posted 2 leftist ideals that the Catholic Church actively support -- being anti-war, and charities for the disadvantaged. those aren't "LEFT WING IDEALS" leftists want the STATE to be the "charitable" organization via coerced taxes, while the church IS its own charitable organization via VOLUNTARY contributions...so stop trying to glom on to a noble ideal by associating it with you lecherous scabsI told you that there is almost an even split between Catholic Democrats and Republicans in Congress. Let me throw in one more leftist ideal -- the Catholic Church is also against the Death Penalty. I have certainly proven my case that the Pope and Catholicism are not at odds with every leftist ideal. Not even close. Even your pal Eddy just said, “Yes they do agree with him on some social justice issues”. Clearly your statement was wrong. Very wrong.

yeah that's it...Catholicism, Christianity and religion are left wing ideals...you really are a special kinda stupid ain't ya? you've got a paradigm invented in your head that doesn't exist in the real world... congrats for proving your outright insanity...The big difference between progressive lefties and the catholic s church is they asks for money for funding on a voluntary basis while the progressive left demands it from everyone else via govt proxy...But the real divide is in the case of morality issues where the church is highly unlikely to ever embrace leftwing ideals of abortion, unwed mothers, gay marriage, and birth control...perhaps what you meant to say is that the very secular left is adopting some of the churches ideals? cuz it's certainly not the other way around....

http://www.salon.com/2015/03/15/the_dem ... pocalypse/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
While Catholics have been swing voters since Richard Nixon’s second term, white Catholics are now identifying as Republican by historic margins. According to the most recent polling from the Pew Research Center, 53 percent of white Catholics now favor the GOP, versus 39 percent who favor the Democrats—the largest point spread in the history of the Pew poll. And for the first time, white Catholics are more Republican than the voting group usually considered the ultimate Republicans: white Protestants (a designation that includes both mainline and evangelical Protestants).
But neither of these trends explains why white Catholics have abandoned the Democratic Party so suddenly and so dramatically. After all, in 2008 Barack Obama managed to keep his margin of loss of white Catholic voters to John McCain to just 5 points. But four years later, he lost the white Catholic vote to Mitt Romney by a stunning 19 points.

Krueger points to the Catholic bishop’s demonization in 2011 of the “contraceptive mandate” in the Affordable Care Act, and their subsequent ginning up of the war on “religious liberty” — which was joined by elements of the religious right and fused with its war on Obamacare — as another factor helping to drive Catholics toward the GOP. And the numbers bear Krueger out. According to Pew, between 2009 and 2014, the number of white Catholics who said the Obama administration — and by inference the Democratic Party — was “unfriendly to religion” more than doubled from 17 percent to 36 percent.
This concern about government overreach with the Affordable Care Act and out-of-control spending, as well as about illegal immigration, points to a “Tea Party-ization” of white Catholics. And trends in Congress bear this out. Even as Catholic voters first began to shift their loyalties in terms of presidential elections, the House of Representatives remained a Catholic Democrat bastion. In 2009, there were almost three times as many Catholic Democrats as Catholic Republicans — 98 Democrats to 37 Republicans. But as of 2015, House Republicans who identify as Catholic outnumber Catholic Democrats — 69 to 68 — for the first time ever.
Things get more dire at the state level and pose particular challenges to Democratic efforts to win back control of either chamber of Congress. In the 2006 off-year election, the white Catholic vote spilt just about evenly between Democratic and Republican congressional candidates. But by 2010, a yawning 20-point gap opened up that increased to 22 points in 2014.

“The shift in the Catholic vote should really be a wakeup call to the Democrats,” says Krueger. “White Catholics are 18 percent of the electorate and Catholics vote 1 to 2 percentage points above their representation in the overall population. This is a significant voting bloc that now perceives Republicans as being more welcoming to people of faith.”

http://www.catholicworldreport.com/Blog ... party.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
the Pew Religion and Public Life Project reported late last month that Catholics are continuing to trend toward the Republican Party. Fifty-three percent of white Catholics now identify with or lean toward the Republican Party, while only 39 percent of them identify with or lean toward the Democratic Party. This is a significant shift from 2008, when Pew found that 41 percent of white, Catholic registered voters identified with or leaned toward the Republican Party, and in 2011, when 49 percent did.
a registered Democrat since 1969, he decided to switch his voting registration to the Republican Party: “I just said I can’t be associated structurally with that group, in terms of abortion and NARAL and Planned Parenthood, and the same-sex marriage agenda and the cultural destruction I saw going on. I just couldn’t do it anymore…. The a-ha moment for me was the 2012 Democratic National Convention…. It was just awful.”
In an attempt to shift the white Catholic vote back to the Democratic Party, progressive faith-based groups like Faithful America, Catholics for Choice, and Catholics United—flush with foundation money from abortion supporters at the Soros Foundation, and same-sex marriage advocates like the Gill Foundation and the Arcus Foundation—are now attempting to convince Catholics that the Democratic Party best represents their interests. Catholic San Francisco, the official newspaper of the Archdiocese of San Francisco, has reported that these philanthropists have funded the most recent attacks on San Francisco’s Archbishop Salvatore Cordileone. On June 19, when Archbishop Cordileone announced his plans to speak in favor of traditional marriage at the National Organization for Marriage’s march on the Supreme Court in Washington, DC, Faithful America—a 501c (3) organization funded by George Soros’ Open Society, Jon Stryker’s Arcus Foundation and the Gill Foundation—spearheaded a petition drive on Facebook and other social media decrying what they described as Archbishop Cordileone’s “lending the Church’s authority to the vitriol and hatred—and undermining Pope Francis’ call for a more compassionate Church.”

It is unlikely that spending money to attack Church leaders will help, as faithful Catholics understand that Catholic teachings on marriage cannot be changed through a marketing campaign. A Pew report released last month indicated that support for same-sex marriage has actually declined—dropping below 50 percent from a high of 54 percent last February.

It is more likely that pro-life issues are driving the departure from the Democratic Party. Millennial Catholics—those born after 1981—are more pro-life than their predecessors, and many of them are motivated to vote. Although these young Catholics are also more likely to support access to marriage for same-sex couples, their support for restrictions on abortion may trump the same-sex marriage issue.
A February 2012 study by the Pew Foundation revealed that among white Catholics under age 30, support for the GOP has increased from 41 percent in 2008 to 54 percent in 2011. White Evangelicals under age 30 are even more heavily Republican than those Evangelicals over 30 (82 percent vs. 69 percent). These young, faith-based voters are the future, and it would seem that many of them are coming to believe that a party that has elevated as its most important increasing access to abortion—including late-term abortion, and tax-payer funded abortion in the Affordable Care Act—does not represent their views.

as always when you post your idiotic opinion, it rarely reflects reality, but some twisted idea most likely caused by brain damage suffered during a late term abortion ...dare to be stupid, it's all you got...

Margaret Sanger-- out
I knew if I waited long enough you would prove my point.
You know all this time I was figuring you for a denier. But in reality I was giving you too much credit. You don't have the capacity to understand it. You can't even tell when your being played.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Woodsrider wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Rime & Reason wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Rime & Reason wrote: Careful Madhatter, your ignorance is showing again. These days the Catholic Church is very much anti-war and their charities do a great deal to help the disadvantagedpretty sure that's LONG been their philosophy so not sure where you are getting "these days" from... -- just 2 of their “leftist ideals”. the church funds its own charities while the "left" insists that the state fill that need, hardly the "same leftist ideals"JFK was Catholic, and don’t get me started on the new Pope. he's catholic too...start there I guess...In fact, I think the main reason that the Catholic Church does not have much sway in U.S. politics is precisely because by law they are not allowed to actively engage in politics lest they lose their non-profit religious exemption?their philosophy promotes causes on both the left and the right, anti-war and pro-charity are not exclusives of the left or right AFAIK...and I'm pretty sure that traditional marriage, no birth control and no abortions are high up there on their list of "priorities"rather than significantly favoring one over the other.

Margaret Sanger-- out
I knew if I waited long enough you would prove my point.
You know all this time I was figuring you for a denier. But in reality I was giving you too much credit. You don't have the capacity to understand it. You can't even tell when your being played.

yep ya fooled me, you had me totally convinced you had something to offer to this conversation...my bad.. well played, woodenpolerider...
mach es sehr schnell

Rime & Reason
Black Carver

Post by Rime & Reason »

madhatter wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:I knew if I waited long enough you would prove my point.
yep ya fooled me, you had me totally convinced you had something to offer to this conversation...my bad.. well played, woodenpolerider...
You’re calling him a pole rider? Madhatter, you’ve been riding Eddy’s pole in this thread for longer than any of us can remember. I don’t blame Eddy, though. With your slight build and girlish figure, I am sure it’s easy for him to look down and pretend you’re someone else.
jpski
Green Skidder

Post by jpski »

:banana: :banana: :banana:

:Toast :Toast :Toast
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Thought you guys might find this article interesting:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/28/world ... 22000&_r=0
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

My friends kid ( cancer survivor) meeting the Pope in April...

This is Austin on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 as he met and shook the hand of Pope Francis. From what I understand that means he has been blessed. Austin's Make A Wish was to go to Italy. After his trip being postponed twice due to hospital stays and illness it finally happened! It just so happened that some people unaffiliated with Make A Wish extended themselves to make the meeting with the Pope happen. I cannot tell you how ecstatic I am to know that Austin has now received that blessing with hopes that cancer NEVER comes back! When the Pope speaks at the Vatican there are people as far as you can see and we were of the lucky few who were actually greeted by him. Wow!!! A beautiful, never to be forgotten moment.
mach es sehr schnell

Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

madhatter wrote:My friends kid ( cancer survivor) meeting the Pope in April...

This is Austin on Wednesday, April 15, 2015 as he met and shook the hand of Pope Francis. From what I understand that means he has been blessed. Austin's Make A Wish was to go to Italy. After his trip being postponed twice due to hospital stays and illness it finally happened! It just so happened that some people unaffiliated with Make A Wish extended themselves to make the meeting with the Pope happen. I cannot tell you how ecstatic I am to know that Austin has now received that blessing with hopes that cancer NEVER comes back! When the Pope speaks at the Vatican there are people as far as you can see and we were of the lucky few who were actually greeted by him. Wow!!! A beautiful, never to be forgotten moment.
Can I assume now that you are beginning to understand how a person as influential as Pope Francis can affect the position of the religious conservative movement with regards to the environment and more specifically AGW? Or is this still going over your head?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Woodsrider wrote:

Can I assume now that you are beginning to understand how a person as influential as Pope Francis can affect the position of the religious conservative movement with regards to the environment and more specifically AGW? Or is this still going over your head?
mach es sehr schnell

Woodsrider
Slalom Racer

Post by Woodsrider »

madhatter wrote:
Woodsrider wrote:

So it is still going over your head. I figured as much. Try asking a child to explain it to you. Just try not to use such foul language when they talk over your head too. Children are very impressionable.