Hope you enjoyed summer. We're preparing to end it.

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

throbster
Postaholic

Hope you enjoyed summer. We're preparing to end it.

Post by throbster »

Facebook caption to this picture:
Attachments
Guns on Rime.jpg
Guns on Rime.jpg (83.82 KiB) Viewed 937 times
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: Hope you enjoyed summer. We're preparing to end it.

Post by Highway Star »

Sweet lawn ornaments.

Somebody should let their marketing person know that summer was over nearly two weeks ago. Dumbass.

:violin
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

you are so awful...
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Highway Star wrote:Sweet lawn ornaments.

Somebody should let their marketing person know that summer was over nearly two weeks ago. Dumbass.

Those don't look like K3000's
blakeslee_a
Black Carver

Post by blakeslee_a »

Hiked the mtn yesterday and they had a stockpile of those HKD sleds at the top of rime, they must've put them in position today. Going up GN they had k3's and hkd's at all of the hydrants, so they can use either depedending on conditions. We are getting close!
Also noticed the snows on triple was chair less, is this because of the mid station installation? That mid station also has a fair amount of work until it's completed.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (190.57 KiB) Viewed 855 times
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

Still a douche...
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

You could of told the head of Killington marketing all your opinions on Saturday as Rob was pouring beer all day long in the tunnel. We always provide face to face feedback to the staff on what they are doing well on or could improve.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Guy in Shorts wrote:

You could of told the head of Killington marketing all your opinions on Saturday as Rob was pouring beer all day long in the tunnel. We always provide face to face feedback to the staff on what they are doing well on or could improve.
Atomic, is this you?
machski
Black Carver

Post by machski »

blakeslee_a wrote:Hiked the mtn yesterday and they had a stockpile of those HKD sleds at the top of rime, they must've put them in position today. Going up GN they had k3's and hkd's at all of the hydrants, so they can use either depedending on conditions. We are getting close!
Also noticed the snows on triple was chair less, is this because of the mid station installation? That mid station also has a fair amount of work until it's completed.
Those are snowlogic guns, not HKD's.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

machski wrote:Those are snowlogic guns, not HKD's.
Sure are purty though.
Attachments
redneck.jpg
redneck.jpg (8.16 KiB) Viewed 601 times
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

machski wrote:
blakeslee_a wrote:Hiked the mtn yesterday and they had a stockpile of those HKD sleds at the top of rime, they must've put them in position today. Going up GN they had k3's and hkd's at all of the hydrants, so they can use either depedending on conditions. We are getting close!
The snowguns that are in the picture in the first post are clearly HKD ranger snowguns that Killington has had for around 10 years. They are proven to be somewhat effective for early season mid/low-e snow production in marginal temps, more effective than the snowlogic.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
blakeslee_a
Black Carver

Post by blakeslee_a »

machski wrote:
Yes you are right, my bad. I was thinking of the guns I saw in the top picture when I wrote that
machski
Black Carver

Post by machski »

Highway Star wrote:
machski wrote:
The snowguns that are in the picture in the first post are clearly HKD ranger snowguns that Killington has had for around 10 years. They are proven to be somewhat effective for early season mid/low-e snow production in marginal temps, more effective than the snowlogic.
HS, true on the ranger guns. Though I've never been a fan of these, snow quality seems to be very difficult to keep consistent with these. Mounting the heads on 30 foot towers seems to be a bit better, but the sled mounts always seem to produce wet snow unlike newer SV10's mounted on sleds.