tuesday 2/9/16

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

tuesday 2/9/16

Post by skiadikt »

powday! left our signature on east fall, middle downdraft, cascade & mts. thankfully the k1 was down so most folks didn't get over to downdraft & cascade where we helped ourselves to seconds. rest of the mtn skied well but the most fun was that first hour and a half. supe was nowhere near as good as yesterday but they've blown a ton on it.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Bubba
Site Admin

Re: tuesday 2/9/16

Post by Bubba »

In a winter like this I guess 2" makes a pow day.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Bubba wrote:In a winter like this I guess 2" makes a pow day.
Quiet snow makes it a Pow Day and it was wonderful. Ski deep everywhere.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Spyderman
Bumper

Post by Spyderman »

It truly was a special day. The 3" of natural on top of the groomed base made the surface like velvet.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Sun gained strength as the day progressed. Fresh two inches of hero powder coated the mountain. Summit gondola took the the day off for maintenance. New snow covered the slopes improving conditions and hiding the thin spots. Grabbed a couple powder runs then headed back to the Superstar snow piles. Headwall runs close to the guns demanded leap of faith turns as visibility was nil. Snowmakers shutdown production on the middle section leaving whalebacks to carve up. Lower section was bathed in full metal jacket powder that broke up into chunks if hit hard yet you could tread lightly on top. Feeling the lower section fan gun snow piles settling as I passed over them was captivating. Late lunch as it was hard to stop. Lazy laps on Downdraft and Cascade closed out the day.

Grade B

Quote of the Day - A little snow seems to make a big difference.
Attachments
Killink.jpg
Killink.jpg (69.29 KiB) Viewed 785 times
Lower Sup.jpg
Lower Sup.jpg (39.84 KiB) Viewed 786 times
Needles Eye.jpg
Needles Eye.jpg (39.84 KiB) Viewed 786 times
Downdraft.jpg
Downdraft.jpg (67.69 KiB) Viewed 786 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Guy in Shorts wrote:Sun gained strength as the day progressed. Fresh two inches of hero powder coated the mountain. Summit gondola took the the day off for maintenance. New snow covered the slopes improving conditions and hiding the thin spots. Grabbed a couple powder runs then headed back to the Superstar snow piles. Headwall runs close to the guns demanded leap of faith turns as visibility was nil. Snowmakers shutdown production on the middle section leaving whalebacks to carve up. Lower section was bathed in full metal jacket powder that broke up into chunks if hit hard yet you could tread lightly on top. Feeling the lower section fan gun snow piles settling as I passed over them was captivating. Late lunch as it was hard to stop. Lazy laps on Downdraft and Cascade closed out the day.

Grade B

Did you ski both Middle and lower Downdraft?
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Guy in Shorts wrote:Sun gained strength as the day progressed. Fresh two inches of hero powder coated the mountain. Summit gondola took the the day off for maintenance. New snow covered the slopes improving conditions and hiding the thin spots. Grabbed a couple powder runs then headed back to the Superstar snow piles. Headwall runs close to the guns demanded leap of faith turns as visibility was nil. Snowmakers shutdown production on the middle section leaving whalebacks to carve up. Lower section was bathed in full metal jacket powder that broke up into chunks if hit hard yet you could tread lightly on top. Feeling the lower section fan gun snow piles settling as I passed over them was captivating. Late lunch as it was hard to stop. Lazy laps on Downdraft and Cascade closed out the day.

Grade B

Did you ski both Middle and lower Downdraft?
Only Middle Downdraft is open. Lower Downdraft and Double Dipper are behind the ropes. Tons of guns going in the Canyon with hoses strung everywhere.
Attachments
Canyon Snow.jpg
Canyon Snow.jpg (34.61 KiB) Viewed 737 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Gracias. Nice intel. Photos phantaztik.
Bienvenue a 12 midi au Pique.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
skimom
Beginner On Rentals

Post by skimom »

Looks like they're making an honest effort for the busy weekend. Hopefully things will keep after post presidents.. :-)