Millings

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

biged
Slalom Racer

Millings

Post by biged »

The millings from Rte 4 stock piled in Skye ship parking lot would be great to add to the K1 parking lot. Just spread and roll with a heavy roller. Might make the ruts in bay 2 less likely to develop.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Re: Millings

Post by Highway Star »

biged wrote:The millings from Rte 4 stock piled in Skye ship parking lot would be great to add to the K1 parking lot. Just spread and roll with a heavy roller. Might make the ruts in bay 2 less likely to develop.
Asphalt road materials are recycled!
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

biged wrote:The millings from Rte 4 stock piled in Skye ship parking lot would be great to add to the K1 parking lot. Just spread and roll with a heavy roller. Might make the ruts in bay 2 less likely to develop.
Doubt they'd dump that big a pile 8 miles away if they were going to use it at K1.
And the K1 lot is way too plastic, too much perched ground water and too much clay to keep ruts and pot holes from developing with just a layer of millings or even pavement. You need at least 6" and more likely 9" of crushed stone gravel under the pavement, along with an engineer to look at curtain drains.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Mister Moose wrote:
Doubt they'd dump that big a pile 8 miles away if they were going to use it at K1.
And the K1 lot is way too plastic, too much perched ground water and too much clay to keep ruts and pot holes from developing with just a layer of millings or even pavement. You need at least 6" and more likely 9" of crushed stone gravel under the pavement, along with an engineer to look at curtain drains.
Without sub drains or synthetic reinforcement, subgrade failure will tear any surface treatment apart.
ImageImageImageImage
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

I saw paving on southview path this weekend ( by iPie)
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

madhatter wrote:I saw paving on southview path this weekend ( by iPie)
U mean by Pike?

Millings have a greater value than topping the parking lot. They are mixed into the new asphalt that is produced at the plant. State and fed specs usually require a certain percentage. I 89 was repaved in NH south of Lebanon with ground up tires mixed in and a award was given for it to Pike. When asphalt pavement is ripped up we stockpile it at the pit and when the portable crusher comes in it gets crushed, screened and re sold for about $10/ yard.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Big Bob wrote:
U mean by Pike?whatever pizza jerks is called now...

Millings have a greater value than topping the parking lot. They are mixed into the new asphalt that is produced at the plant. State and fed specs usually require a certain percentage. I 89 was repaved in NH south of Lebanon with ground up tires mixed in and a award was given for it to Pike. When asphalt pavement is ripped up we stockpile it at the pit and when the portable crusher comes in it gets crushed, screened and re sold for about $10/ yard.
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

madhatter wrote:
Big Bob wrote:

PIKE....the.....paving.....contractor. Guess if it aint a political rant?..its lost on S'Hatter.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

You are correct, it is Southview Path next to iPie. Horrible road to get out of in Winter if you don't have a 4X4.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S+Vie ... 8788?hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Big Bob wrote:

PIKE....the.....paving.....contractor. Guess if it aint a political rant?..its lost on S'Hatter.
guess it's lost on you cuz I was clearly stating WHERE the paving was taking place not by whom, as if I care...so no, I don't mean by pike...I guess if its more than 3rd grade level diddle in the sh!tter has no clue...thanks for proving once again that you have absolutely no control over yourself when it comes to your obsession w the madhatter...have a nice day mary margaret...
mach es sehr schnell

yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

madhatter wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Big Bob wrote:

guess it's lost on you cuz I was clearly stating WHERE the paving was taking place not by whom, as if I care...so no, I don't mean by pike...I guess if its more than 3rd grade level diddle in the sh!tter has no clue...thanks for proving once again that you have absolutely no control over yourself when it comes to your obsession w the madhatter...have a nice day mary margaret...
"cuz"....oh my phukin word....S'hatter done gone ghetto on us!
Attachments
fishing.jpg
fishing.jpg (27.17 KiB) Viewed 554 times
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

so yer phishing to be called out for your complete lack of comprehension? congrats!!! I bet you have a terrific success rate there...pretty much every post you make proves your sub 100 intellect...

feel free to continually double down on dumb diddle, it's quite amusing having a sock puppet like you to bash...

hey diddle diddle, mouth breathing spittle

less brains than the dumbest buffoon

the madhatter laughs at your pitiful plight

as you prove to be such a tool...

bye mary margaret time for you to go drink yourself into your daily stupor...maybe get some help, they have free clinics...
mach es sehr schnell

yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

madhatter wrote:so yer phishing to be called out for your complete lack of comprehension? congrats!!! I bet you have a terrific success rate there...pretty much every post you make proves your sub 100 intellect...

feel free to continually double down on dumb diddle, it's quite amusing having a sock puppet like you to bash...

Dead Poets Society II.....what bike mechanics DREAM of becuming.....HEY!...S'Hatter...found your family crest!....should...coulda...woulda...

bye mary margaret time for you to go drink yourself into your daily stupor...maybe get some help, they have free clinics...
Attachments
womanwithrubber.jpg
womanwithrubber.jpg (12.53 KiB) Viewed 491 times
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

madhatter wrote:so yer phishing to be called out for your complete lack of comprehension? congrats!!! I bet you have a terrific success rate there...pretty much every post you make proves your sub 100 intellect...

Dead Poets Society II.....what bike mechanics DREAM of becuming.....HEY!...S'Hatter...found your family crest!....should...coulda...woulda...

half the day to come up w that lame crap? then ya f@ck the quote up too? idiot...

you can chase me from thread to thread attempting stupid insults in an effort to escape your obvious inferiority, but no matter where you go, there you are...enjoy your obsessive hatter lust...seems to be the only bright spot in your pathetic life...

here's your family

and their crust er uh crest

now run along and eat sh!t , yiddle the cannibal...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dr. NO wrote:
You are correct, it is Southview Path next to iPie. Horrible road to get out of in Winter if you don't have a 4X4.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/S+Vie ... 8788?hl=en" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
back on topic, yes southview path, a friend of mine lives there, went to visit last week and they were paving the road, couldn't turn in...was kind of surprised to see that road getting pavement... and yes taking a right out of there is a PITA for sure summer or winter...being vermonters of course they have 4wd, as do the hatters...just not prudent to go w/o...
mach es sehr schnell