tuesday afternoon opening ...

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

rogman
Postinator

Re: tuesday afternoon opening ...

Post by rogman »

Preston's is not a place one goes to "whoop it up". Good place for a quiet off site meeting, get a decent meal. I'm sure they all would have preferred to be home with their families. It is not beyond the realm of possibility possible that they knew there was a Kzone happy hour there, and wanted to quietly pass the word to the faithful.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

ANGUS wrote:Kind of stupid if they can't stay on schedule as advertised. The access road has been plowed for the first time of the season. The trails are all white. Wtf?
It's a novelty - it's not skiing - it's using your skiis on an artificial surface.

:chill
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Fully expect the Gondola will be loading before noontime.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
thedev
Black Carver

Post by thedev »

8:17 am 10/25/16--Get ready, skiers and riders, the longest season in the East is almost here.

With more than 5" of natural snow having already fallen, and favorable temperatures forecasted for the week ahead, The Beast is still planning to kick off its 2016-17 ski and snowboard season today, October 25. We expect to get the go-ahead to load K-1 sometime after noon. Please stay tuned.

Temperatures fell overnight, allowing for efficient snow production. Snowmaking and grooming are ongoing, so while we wait for word on an exact opening time, please enjoy free coffee and hot chocolate all day on site, plus free lunch at K-1 Cafe beginning at 11:00 a.m., and at the Peak Lodge and North Ridge Dog Sled after opening.

Today's turns are dedicated exclusively to Season Pass and Express Card holders and the resort will open to the general public on Wednesday, October 26 at 9:00 a.m.

We plan to ski and snowboard on our Rime and Reason trails this afternoon, and the Killington Parks crew expects to have several features set up in the Reason Park for Wednesday mornings public opening.

Access from K-1 Base Area will be via the K-1 Express Gondola, which will upload from opening until 3:00 p.m. and download until 4:00 p.m. The North Ridge Triple will allow uploading until 3:45 p.m. Skiers and snowboarders will use the Peak Walkway to access open terrain and return to the K-1 Express Gondola for the trip down to the base area when finished for the day.

Early season conditions will exist, and snowmaking and other on-mountain operations may be in progress throughout the day on open terrain. Skiing and snowboarding will be on advanced terrain only; no easier terrain will be available at this time.
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

It sure looks like they turned fall to winter. Have fun...
1477401709713_640x360[1].jpg
1477401709713_640x360[1].jpg (9.5 KiB) Viewed 661 times
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Not that it matters, but Sunday River started blowing last night. They still do not have a scheduled opening though. Tough times over there...
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Looks like Gondis are loaded on 360 cam - not moving yet :mrgreen:
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

MrsG wrote:Looks like Gondis are loaded on 360 cam - not moving yet :mrgreen:
They were on the line yesterday when I looked.

Soon... Jealous of all of you who can ski today!
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

10:00 am 10/25/16--Get ready, skiers and riders, the longest season in the East starts at noon today!
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

ANGUS wrote:
MrsG wrote:Rough times for Killiington . . . sat with some of the 'big' boys at Prestons . . . they are doing the best they can . . . we came up and hoping for at least a "run" before we have to drive back for my flight early Wednesday - we cannot wait until Wednesday :cry: :P 8)
Why is management out whooping it up at prestons? The mountain isn't open yet? Now a delay. Shame .Shame! People rearranged their schedules to be here. And now this? A solid disappointment.
Whiny Putz.......
Attachments
heywood.jpg
heywood.jpg (5.65 KiB) Viewed 551 times
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Finally turned the peak cam around. Nice view! http://www.killington.com/site/mountain ... /golf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Attachments
K.jpg
K.jpg (71.31 KiB) Viewed 495 times
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

https://www.facebook.com/merisajsherman ... 1533321796" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
autograph guy
Green Skidder

Post by autograph guy »

I don't see the North Ridge chair running. How do you get back to the top of the run? Or can you ski to bottom?
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

autograph guy wrote:I don't see the North Ridge chair running. How do you get back to the top of the run? Or can you ski to bottom?
That's the Canyon chair you see on the web cam not North Ridge.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

RENO wrote:Finally turned the peak cam around. Nice view! http://www.killington.com/site/mountain ... /golf.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
when I first looked at the pic I was like when did they install that big water tower at the top of snowdon.....