monday 3/27/17 report!!!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

monday 3/27/17 report!!!

Post by skiadikt »

one of the select/elite group of maybe 150 out there today. did the late shift. not much open but conditions were better than expected. snowdon featured creamy hero snow. kept lapping up the cream on bunny/chute. higher on the mtn - frozen 'roy. hit reason around 2:30 and all the 'roy was intact edge to edge. looked like either no one had skied it or folk's edges didn't make a dent in it. found it to be the later. east fall softened as you descended. same drill on skye lark. by the time you hit lower bitter you were back in the cream. embarrassed to admit swirl was rotd ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
snow4all
Blue Chatterbox

Re: monday 3/27/17 report!!!

Post by snow4all »

skiadikt wrote:one of the select/elite group of maybe 150 out there today. did the late shift. not much open but conditions were better than expected. snowdon featured creamy hero snow. kept lapping up the cream on bunny/chute. higher on the mtn - frozen 'roy. hit reason around 2:30 and all the 'roy was intact edge to edge. looked like either no one had skied it or folk's edges didn't make a dent in it. i found it to be the later. east fall softened as you descended. same drill on skye lark. by the time you hit lower bitter you were back in the cream. embarrassed to admit swirl was rotd ...

Congrats...I think, for getting out there in that mess.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Yo .. how's your PF feet doing with all this recent rough riding ?

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Foggy overcast end of another rainy spring day at The Beast. Joined a half dozen vehicles huddled near the Snowdon Quad. Peak, Bear, and Skyeship lodges as well as both gondolas remained closed for the day. Soft creamy damp surface on Upper Mouse supported some great high speed GS carving turns. Popped off the boards then set them in the empty racks in front of the KBL to go inside and get scanned. Looked weird that they were the only skis visible in front of the lodge on a day when the lifts were running. Rattled down an Upper Skyelark to Lower Bitter as most other trails off Skye Peak were roped. Headed back to over to the Snowdon Triple as conditions were much better on that side. Enjoyed a couple laps on a private North Ridge Triple trail pod. Erased as many corduroy lines as I could on the sides of Lower East Fall were the snow was soft. Almost a waste to groom overnight as nothing got skied off during the day. Missed last chair by seconds as Lower East Fall would have been worth a repeat.

Grade c

Quote of the Day – Having your own private ski area is not overrated.
Attachments
Only Pair.JPG
Only Pair.JPG (93.12 KiB) Viewed 398 times
Empty Peak.JPG
Empty Peak.JPG (39.89 KiB) Viewed 398 times
Lower East Fall.JPG
Lower East Fall.JPG (77.07 KiB) Viewed 398 times
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

brownman wrote:Yo .. how's your PF feet doing with all this recent rough riding ?

:Toast
still there. it's on me. feels better when i'm diligent about stretching the damn thing, not so good when i lapse.
spoiled South American skiin' whore