For Vermonters who shop on line

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Big Bob
Postinator

For Vermonters who shop on line

Post by Big Bob »

Big VT brother will be tracking you!
http://www.wcax.com/content/news/How-Ve ... 44193.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 30 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
freeski
Post Office

Re: For Vermonters who shop on line

Post by freeski »

:?: :?: :?:

This is why I'd never own property in VT. Maybe the powers that be could collect information through a large habitral system to find out what the good people of VT are eating. Same thing....

George Washington ROO OUT

:twisted:
:rant
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

nothing new, you are SUPPOSED to be paying this tax anyway....There's a place on the form to calculate and report use tax either in exact dollars or using a formula that estimates ( your choice)...this also applies to out of state sales in NH ( and anywhere else with a lower tax than vt)...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

If you live in a sales tax state you should be keeping track of what you buy online and paying your state their % cut that you OWE them. You voted for those jokers and their ever increasing sales tax and never ending hunger for revenue to buy votes now suck it up and PAY. New Hampshire is the state that out of state tax cheat hypocrites helped build. Thank you all! We in NH are willing to suspend morality in this case and call you all good people! This crack down is very good news because to avoid the reporting folks from VT will make the short drive to NH to get stuff rather than order it online possibly with another state benefiting unless the online retailer is located in NH. I hope this online retailer reporting of purchases to the state revenue folks spreads to the other surrounding states as it should be good for our economy!
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

GSKI wrote:If you live in a sales tax state you should be keeping track of what you buy online and paying your state their % cut that you OWE them. You voted for those jokers and their ever increasing sales tax and never ending hunger for revenue to buy votes now suck it up and PAY. New Hampshire is the state that out of state tax cheat hypocrites helped build. Thank you all! We in NH are willing to suspend morality in this case and call you all good people! This crack down is very good news because to avoid the reporting folks from VT will make the short drive to NH to get stuff rather than order it online possibly with another state benefiting unless the online retailer is located in NH. I hope this online retailer reporting of purchases to the state revenue folks spreads to the other surrounding states as it should be good for our economy!
Not True... New Hampshire was built by business owners, good citizens and the people who come here to take advantage of the New Hampshire advantage. Also, by Poets like William Lobe. NH was built by people who value workers and those that employ them. AND MOST of ALL, people who would fight and die to not live under a King.
Who mined the harbor of Nicaragua?

Where did the timber come from for The Constitution (the war ship)?
Who held the Northern line and advanced early at Bunker Hill?{I yield... :ear

edit: After rereading your post you are correct.
Last edited by freeski on Nov 23rd, '17, 10:36, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Don't know how they did it or how other States could force this, but Connecticut managed to have sales tax added onto all on line purchases. No need for me to keep track of purchases or taxes owed. If I truly want to avoid sales taxes I go to NH. If I buy on line it ships to CT so taxes will be part of the price.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Anytime I buy something online, tax gets added - probably because I live in NY.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Since states can collect their sales tax on their residents that shop out of state how come that since I am a NH resident I have to pay their sales tax? Why can't I show my ID when I shop in a sales tax state and get it waived? If I have it shipped to my home address I don't have to pay the tax. And we don't get a free ride in NH, my property taxes are high to make up for the lost revenue! ( Although some of you in NJ and NY may think they aren't bad!)
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 30 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

20 years or so ago the Supreme Court ruled citizens of the United States have the right to do everything they can to minimize their tax bill. Can't remember the specifics.

BigBob is right, if Killington had become a NH town the tax rate would be higher.
GSKI
Powderhound

Post by GSKI »

And we don't get a free ride in NH, my property taxes are high to make up for the lost revenue! ( Although some of you in NJ and NY may think they aren't bad!)
Just keep in mind the Connecticut example when the Dems in NH say they need an income or sales tax to relieve property taxes. In CT they got a sales tax to provide property tax relief and run the growing state government. Then they needed an income tax to provide relief from the 8% sales tax to move it down to 6% (the income tax was supposed to be "temporary" until the deficit problem was resolved). Now they have high property, sales and income taxes and are still a fiscal mess part of it due to sweet public sector pensions promised by politicians in return for that union money and support that are woefully underfunded (see NJ as well!).
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

GSKI wrote:
And we don't get a free ride in NH, my property taxes are high to make up for the lost revenue! ( Although some of you in NJ and NY may think they aren't bad!)
Just keep in mind the Connecticut example when the Dems in NH say they need an income or sales tax to relieve property taxes. In CT they got a sales tax to provide property tax relief and run the growing state government. Then they needed an income tax to provide relief from the 8% sales tax to move it down to 6% (the income tax was supposed to be "temporary" until the deficit problem was resolved). Now they have high property, sales and income taxes and are still a fiscal mess part of it due to sweet public sector pensions promised by politicians in return for that union money and support that are woefully underfunded (see NJ as well!).
:shock:
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

tyrolean_skier wrote:Anytime I buy something online, tax gets added - probably because I live in NY.
Not totally true. It only gets added if the web site you buy from has a business presence in NY
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage