Labor shortage?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Labor shortage?

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:
deadheadskier wrote:For the life of me, I can't understand so many of you wanting to see K return to the glory days of 1 million skier visits.

Why? June skiing is back or at least a solid effort at it every year. They still make more snow than anyone else, have more terrain than anyone else and a bigger party scene than anyone else.

It's almost like it's a Richard waving competition with some of you like Highwaystar talking about his 191cm skis he probably can't even ski properly.

Does a nicer K Peak base lodge really matter that much to you? A HSQ on Snowden to faster lap some of the flatter terrain on the mountain really appeal to you? The dream of some cheesy Faux ski village with $500K 1100 sqft apartments you won't use, but you will trade in your parking spot for a shuttle ride to the mountain instead? Do you want vastly more traffic on the trails and crappier snow conditions?

It's the oddest thing to me. The equivalent would be me thinking, yeah, I'd like to spend 30 more minutes a day commuting into Boston and park further away for more money, but hey, there's a few more nicer restaurants to wait in line to get into.

Seems to me K is pretty much as good as it's ever been right now other than South ridge lift being gone.
I could go for a KBL rebuild at some point, meh, I go in there once or twice a year...and lifts that stop less, no doubt,,,but yeah, my most favorite DHS post ever.
hard to argue w that...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

deadheadskier wrote:For the life of me, I can't understand so many of you wanting to see K return to the glory days of 1 million skier visits.

Why? June skiing is back or at least a solid effort at it every year. They still make more snow than anyone else, have more terrain than anyone else and a bigger party scene than anyone else.

It's almost like it's a Richard waving competition with some of you like Highwaystar talking about his 191cm skis he probably can't even ski properly.

Does a nicer K Peak base lodge really matter that much to you? A HSQ on Snowden to faster lap some of the flatter terrain on the mountain really appeal to you? The dream of some cheesy Faux ski village with $500K 1100 sqft apartments you won't use, but you will trade in your parking spot for a shuttle ride to the mountain instead? Do you want vastly more traffic on the trails and crappier snow conditions?

It's the oddest thing to me. The equivalent would be me thinking, yeah, I'd like to spend 30 more minutes a day commuting into Boston and park further away for more money, but hey, there's a few more nicer restaurants to wait in line to get into.

Seems to me K is pretty much as good as it's ever been right now other than South ridge lift being gone.
Bingo - but the march to 1M visits has started - unfortunately

Money is abound!

People actually skied last Sunday. The lots are full of brand new 80K SUVs. On Sunday night last weekend at 8PM - there was not a bar seat to be had at The Lookout, Sushi, Foundry, or Casey's. 4 years ago those places were empty on the same weekend. Lots of new clothes and skiis too.

Anyone else notice that the 20 somethings are back hanging out and spending money?

I miss 2008 already ( only from a skiing perspective ).

Butt - if real estate picks up a little it's good for everyone in VT.

If the weather gets better and the tourons all get their 5 days in ( at window walkup rates ) - I'm expecting a big announcement in the spring on a major improvement beyond a slow crappy chair on the south fridge to coincide with the last year of the World Cup.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

hillbangin wrote:

Bingo - but the march to 1M visits has started - unfortunately

Money is abound!

People actually skied last Sunday. The lots are full of brand new 80K SUVs. On Sunday night last weekend at 8PM - there was not a bar seat to be had at The Lookout, Sushi, Foundry, or Casey's. 4 years ago those places were empty on the same weekend. Lots of new clothes and skiis too.

Anyone else notice that the 20 somethings are back hanging out and spending money?

I miss 2008 already ( only from a skiing perspective ).

Butt - if real estate picks up a little it's good for everyone in VT.

If the weather gets better and the tourons all get their 5 days in ( at window walkup rates ) - I'm expecting a big announcement in the spring on a major improvement beyond a slow crappy chair on the south fridge to coincide with the last year of the World Cup.
Sounds like Killington and America are winning again. I wonder why?
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

f.a.s.t. wrote: Sounds like Killington and America are winning again. I wonder why?
Resiliency in the face of adversity.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote: Sounds like Killington and America are winning again. I wonder why?
yeah that's it... :roll: :zzz
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:
yeah that's it... :roll: :zzz
Imagine if the US was winning like this if filthy, dirty, crooked, criminal Clinton Crime family had been elected.
The government controlled media would have them immortalized as gods.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Vermont Unemployment Rate Declines to 2.8 percent in December

http://vermontbiz.com/news/2018/january ... -286700865" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe