f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Re: Beer reviews and recommendations

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Step right up to these beer kegs:
Attachments
0624171348.jpg
0624171348.jpg (624.18 KiB) Viewed 1051 times
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

f.a.s.t. wrote:Step right up to these beer kegs:
coors brewery?
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

madhatter wrote:
coors brewery?
Cork and Keg-Raymond, NH
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
madhatter wrote:
coors brewery?
Cork and Keg-Raymond, NH
ah, so they're plumbed directly to coors then? :D
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Actual footage of Coors light being produced
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

I'm no beer expert, going for Lagers or Pilsners over craft beers. But stumbled upon the list of top 10 hand crafted beers across the US. Survey taken by AHA (American homebrewers association.) Heady Topper is in there along with a few other favorites.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/b ... Kz#image=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dr. NO wrote:I'm no beer expert, going for Lagers or Pilsners over craft beers. But stumbled upon the list of top 10 hand crafted beers across the US. Survey taken by AHA (American homebrewers association.) Heady Topper is in there along with a few other favorites.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/b ... Kz#image=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
KBS was on tap at One Main Tap a few weeks ago, they serve flights/samplers the KBS was very good...

http://onemaintg.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Just when you thought it was safe.... All you fruity brew lovers, here is a quick article regarding citrus, mostly lime, in your beer or any other use while enjoy the outdoors and sunshine. You can actually get a severe burn from reaction with the sun and heat where you touch or squirt your limes. Think I'll avoid the fruity flavors. Of course, being fair skinned I don't exactly sit in the sun much anymore.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical ... Kz#image=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

A couple of local pubs in my hometown have recently added Sip of Sunshine and Fiddlehead on tap. Its funny at first I was totally psyched, but now on the other hand I'm finding that it might be less "special" to get one of them when we do come up to Vermont. Interesting dynamic.
Don't Killington Pico
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

boston_e wrote:A couple of local pubs in my hometown have recently added Sip of Sunshine and Fiddlehead on tap. Its funny at first I was totally psyched, but now on the other hand I'm finding that it might be less "special" to get one of them when we do come up to Vermont. Interesting dynamic.
Man, that's tough. :-) Is this what's referred to as a first world problem? Maybe in VT it's fresher? Good luck... 8)
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

freeski wrote:
boston_e wrote:A couple of local pubs in my hometown have recently added Sip of Sunshine and Fiddlehead on tap. Its funny at first I was totally psyched, but now on the other hand I'm finding that it might be less "special" to get one of them when we do come up to Vermont. Interesting dynamic.
Man, that's tough. :-) Is this what's referred to as a first world problem? Maybe in VT it's fresher? Good luck... 8)
you can find plenty of "special" here:

in bottles and cans:

http://onemaintg.com/index.php?id=106" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

fresh from the tap to a sealed "crowler":

http://onemaintg.com/index.php?id=97" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

had apps and beer at the restaurant a while back which was quite good and totally worth the ride from my house...unfortunately teh Filling Station portion clsed at 8 and we missed it...I'll need to get back soon I guess...

by all means rejoice and enjoy the fact that you can get sip on tap locally...not like you can just get that here anytime you like either... :Toast
mach es sehr schnell

boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

madhatter wrote: by all means rejoice and enjoy the fact that you can get sip on tap locally...not like you can just get that here anytime you like either... :Toast
Very true... and in truth it is available until the keg is kicked (usually by the next day) and then they have to wait for their next delivery, so it is not really available on demand, so I do enjoy it when I can! :Toast
Don't Killington Pico
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

A new brewery has shown up in the last several months on shelves in the Rutland area - Frost Beer Works, out of Hinesburg, VT, just southeast of Burlington. So far only 22oz bombers.

They are more reasonably priced at about $6 per bomber, cheaper than Foley Bros at $8-9. Unfortunately, it isn't all that special. The Junior IPA was dank and mix of soft flavors that didn't get along. The Dented Double IPA was better, but just OK. I had it at a week old, and there was none of the fresh yummy goodness VT IPAs are known and cherished for. It was about equal to Long Trail's Space Juice. Which I like, but not at $6 a bomber. That's like an $18 4 pack. (I've noticed Space Juice languishing on the shelves this year at a month or two old, and the price has come down from the $16/4 it started out at.) Like BBC they are fairly prolific with IPAs, so more testing might be warranted. I think they are worth watching and sampling, but don't go driving very far for any.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:A new brewery has shown up in the last several months on shelves in the Rutland area - Frost Beer Works, out of Hinesburg, VT, just southeast of Burlington. So far only 22oz bombers.

They are more reasonably priced at about $6 per bomber, cheaper than Foley Bros at $8-9. Unfortunately, it isn't all that special. The Junior IPA was dank and mix of soft flavors that didn't get along. The Dented Double IPA was better, but just OK. I had it at a week old, and there was none of the fresh yummy goodness VT IPAs are known and cherished for. It was about equal to Long Trail's Space Juice. Which I like, but not at $6 a bomber. That's like an $18 4 pack. (I've noticed Space Juice languishing on the shelves this year at a month or two old, and the price has come down from the $16/4 it started out at.) Like BBC they are fairly prolific with IPAs, so more testing might be warranted. I think they are worth watching and sampling, but don't go driving very far for any.
well thanks for ruining that before I even opened it... :sad:

been liking first drop from upper pass...No 2 from collective was good too...
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

madhatter wrote: well thanks for ruining that before I even opened it... :sad:

been liking first drop from upper pass...No 2 from collective was good too...
Ha. Well let us know what you think when you try it.

I liked First Drop also, right taste in a lighter package. I'd like to try their double which has had good reviews, and a can of their milk stout is in the fridge that I need to open.