Beer reviews and recommendations

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Re: Beer reviews and recommendations

Post by DrJeff »

jimmywilson69 wrote:thanks guys. My buddy must've bought the collective Arts at the Craft Beer Cellar in Waterbury. I don't even recall use talking about that brewery, and I know I didn't get any of that.

Have you guys had any beer from Upper Pass Beer Company? If you haven't had a chance to try it, seek it out. Frist Drop is a pale ale and it was really good.

AS if I didn't already need a reason to want to move to VT, the beer is just so good up there...
Upper Pass is doing some GREAT things this days for sure! First Drop is a one of the best modern pale ales that I've had! And their more limited release as of now, Cloud Drop DIPA is to my taste buds, the best New England Style hazy, juicy IPA made in VT these days!! I like my "juice bombs" with a distinct grapefruit finish, and Cloud Drop delivers that better than any other DIPA I've had to date....
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

DrJeff wrote:
jimmywilson69 wrote:thanks guys. My buddy must've bought the collective Arts at the Craft Beer Cellar in Waterbury. I don't even recall use talking about that brewery, and I know I didn't get any of that.

Have you guys had any beer from Upper Pass Beer Company? If you haven't had a chance to try it, seek it out. Frist Drop is a pale ale and it was really good.

AS if I didn't already need a reason to want to move to VT, the beer is just so good up there...
Upper Pass is doing some GREAT things this days for sure! First Drop is a one of the best modern pale ales that I've had! And their more limited release as of now, Cloud Drop DIPA is to my taste buds, the best New England Style hazy, juicy IPA made in VT these days!! I like my "juice bombs" with a distinct grapefruit finish, and Cloud Drop delivers that better than any other DIPA I've had to date....
heard good things about cloud drop but I've yet to see it on the shelf...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
jimmywilson69
Poster Child Poster

Post by jimmywilson69 »

These guys are working on a 1 barrel system, so that's 248 beers per batch. That's pretty limited, although they have plans to expand to a dual 10-barrel system.

I like it, and definitely am seeking Cloud Drop!

My Pallet is dialed into the VT beer scene and the next few weeks are going to be amazing as I only drink my haul! I can't wait to head north again and restock!
2023-2024

Ski Visits in PA
Roundtop: 12/22,12/23, 1/8, 1/13, 1/14, 1/17 LR, 1/18 LR, 1/19, 1/20, 1/21, 1//22 LR, 1/23 LR, 1/26, 1/29 LR, 2/2 LR, 2/3, 2/4, 2/7 LR, 2/8, 2/9, 2/10, 2/11, 2/15, 2/16 LR, 2/17, 2/18, 2/19 LR, 2/21 LR, 3/8 LR, 3/9, 3/10

Ski Visits in VT
Okemo: 12/8, 2/29, 3/1, 3/2, 3/18
Stowe: 12/9
Killington: 12/10, 2/25, 2/26, 2/27, 3/16, 3/17

Ski Visits in NY
Hunter: 3/15

Total Ski Visits 44

LR = Lunch Runs
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Killington Beer Company should be open soon. Possibly next week. Located in The Woods... https://www.facebook.com/killingtonbeer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

RENO wrote:Killington Beer Company should be open soon. Possibly next week. Located in The Woods... https://www.facebook.com/killingtonbeer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stopped in and tried the IPA. I had very low expectations ( no way this is close to Heady, Treehouse, Foley, etc ). The IPA was pretty good. Light and very drinkable. Stout was actually good.

The room is great. And as they get things going it will get better. Horseshoe bar, Big fireplace with couches, and plenty of space.

It's a good place to go with a few people if you want to hang out - good accoustics - wood floor - high ceiling - no band.....
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

hillbangin wrote:
RENO wrote:Killington Beer Company should be open soon. Possibly next week. Located in The Woods... https://www.facebook.com/killingtonbeer/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Stopped in and tried the IPA. I had very low expectations ( no way this is close to Heady, Treehouse, Foley, etc ). The IPA was pretty good. Light and very drinkable. Stout was actually good.

The room is great. And as they get things going it will get better. Horseshoe bar, Big fireplace with couches, and plenty of space.

It's a good place to go with a few people if you want to hang out - good accoustics - wood floor - high ceiling - no band.....
Do they serve any food?
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

daytripper wrote:
hillbangin wrote:

Do they serve any food?
Snacks for now - pretzels, chips, flatbread pizza.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

"Overall beer trends for 2017 suggest people are drinking less beer. Top-seller Bud Light shipped 2 million fewer barrels in 2017, BMI estimates, while Budweiser shipments fell by 975,000 barrels.

People may be spending more for beer, however. Sales rose 1.2% to $34.4 billion, according to IRI, a Chicago-based market research firm that tracks sales at supermarkets and other retail outlets (accounting for about half of total U.S. beer volume).

Craft beer sales, which continue to rise, have made up about half of the volume lost by the big beer brands. Total craft beer sales rose more than 1 million barrels to 25 million barrels total, compared with 10.7 million barrels in 2010, BMI estimates.

But some big craft beer brands, including No. 1 craft beer brewer Boston Beer Co., maker of Samuel Adams beers, and No. 2 Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., saw sales drop in 2017 by 300,000 and 80,000 barrels, respectively."
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Mister Moose wrote:"Overall beer trends for 2017 suggest people are drinking less beer. Top-seller Bud Light shipped 2 million fewer barrels in 2017, BMI estimates, while Budweiser shipments fell by 975,000 barrels.

People may be spending more for beer, however. Sales rose 1.2% to $34.4 billion, according to IRI, a Chicago-based market research firm that tracks sales at supermarkets and other retail outlets (accounting for about half of total U.S. beer volume).

Craft beer sales, which continue to rise, have made up about half of the volume lost by the big beer brands. Total craft beer sales rose more than 1 million barrels to 25 million barrels total, compared with 10.7 million barrels in 2010, BMI estimates.

But some big craft beer brands, including No. 1 craft beer brewer Boston Beer Co., maker of Samuel Adams beers, and No. 2 Sierra Nevada Brewing Co., saw sales drop in 2017 by 300,000 and 80,000 barrels, respectively."
The color of your post is making me very thirsty.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

How is Sam addams still considered craft beer? What is the cutoff to no longer be craft beer? In no way can I still call Boston lager to be a craft beer.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

daytripper wrote:How is Sam addams still considered craft beer? What is the cutoff to no longer be craft beer? In no way can I still call Boston lager to be a craft beer.

Article is not accurate...

Bud=macrobrew
Sam=microbrew
Tree House=craftbrew
ImageImageImageImage
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Now we know the real reason why K-zoners go to Jackson Hole:

https://gearjunkie.com/gelande-quaffing ... ps-jackson" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Brewers Association Releases 2017 Top 50 Brewing Companies By Sales Volume

https://www.foodmanufacturing.com/news/ ... 6et_rid%3d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;%%subscriberid%%%26location%3dtop
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Bubba wrote:Brewers Association Releases 2017 Top 50 Brewing Companies By Sales Volume

https://www.foodmanufacturing.com/news/ ... 6et_rid%3d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;%%subscriberid%%%26location%3dtop
I can't really call yuengling, Sierra and Sam Adams craft beer anymore.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

rumor has it that the Jameson Caskmates IPA version is very good...too good to even share apparently....
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....