Beer reviews and recommendations

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Re: Beer reviews and recommendations

Post by DrJeff »

Rut-vegas's own Hop 'n Moose's Better Dayz Double IPA! Can hold its own with most VT "juicy" IPA's!
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

foleys' double maple brown...good stuff...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
blakeslee_a
Black Carver

Post by blakeslee_a »

Double barrel Damon at hill farmstead yesterday. Aged for 2 years in port barrels, and then another 2 in bourbon barrels. $35, 375ml bottles. On site only. Easily too 3 beers I've ever had
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

blakeslee_a wrote:Double barrel Damon at hill farmstead yesterday. Aged for 2 years in port barrels, and then another 2 in bourbon barrels. $35, 375ml bottles. On site only. Easily too 3 beers I've ever had
The best?

Worst ?

Cask beer is pretty good usually.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Killington Beer Company at The Woods: https://anrweb.vt.gov/ANR/vtANR/Act250S ... =1R0522-12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

http://www.wcax.com/category/166239/vid ... start=true

Switchback brewery sold to employees.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

RENO wrote:Killington Beer Company at The Woods: https://anrweb.vt.gov/ANR/vtANR/Act250S ... =1R0522-12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's interesting news. The letter in the application says they hope to be open during this ski season, kegs only plus a tasting room. Subject to permitting delays, I'm sure.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Mister Moose wrote:
RENO wrote:Killington Beer Company at The Woods: https://anrweb.vt.gov/ANR/vtANR/Act250S ... =1R0522-12" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
That's interesting news. The letter in the application says they hope to be open during this ski season, kegs only plus a tasting room. Subject to permitting delays, I'm sure.
I'd rather see this in that location than that ridiculous Panache restaurant that used to be there late 90's that served Giraffe, Cobra, etc... :shock:

The lion arrives at the table on a silver platter. It is roughly the color of pork, cut into strips and speckled with herbs. The waitress begins to point to the other meats arranged around the dish. "You have the giraffe, buffalo, musk ox, wild boar, black bear, Malaysian frog's legs, yak, elk, ostrich -- and this charred thing is Egyptian cobra."

I feel barbaric. I want to grunt, to eat it all with my hands. But I can't, not here at this upscale restaurant in Vermont. I sip my glass of blood-red wine, position my silverware, and start in on a meal that turns out to be delicious.

The platter I'm eating, the "Serengeti sampler," is the signature dish of the three-year-old Panache restaurant, in Killington, Vermont. The restaurant, which has won praise in the New York Times, Ski, and Snow Country, has the largest selection of game meats in the US. Chef Russ Riseman's cooking method, layering flavor upon flavor à la Todd English, has made the eatery popular among vacationing Bostonians and New Yorkers.

But clearly, the subtleties of Riseman's recipes aren't the most interesting thing about the restaurant. Panache represents the most extreme manifestation of a national trend: people want to eat more wild game. In restaurants and supermarkets around America, beef and pork and chicken are sharing menu and shelf space with their more exotic cousins. And for many eaters, the weirder the animal, the better.
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Mister Moose wrote:
Not sure about this year - waiting for the 1st tasting......
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

The Atlanta brewery that lost a bet to Sam Adams released its Patriots Pale Ale

Back in January, Atlanta craft beer maker Sweetwater Brewing challenged the makers of Sam Adams to a Super Bowl bet: the losing brewery would have to brew a beer named after the winning team, with Sam Adams potentially producing Dirty Bird Lager and Sweetwater brewing Patriots Pale Ale.

On Wednesday, Sweetwater posted a photo of the New England cans on social media, and they were none too happy about it.

“It’s the bet that keeps coming back to bite us in the a** with @SamuelAdamsBeer,” the brewery wrote on Instagram. “We have 100 of these god awful cans at brewery tours for souvenir beer. Hopefully today only.”

The beer’s label tells the sad tale of Falcons fans left downtrodden by the Super Bowl 51 result.

“A soul crushing pale ale that will leave you feeling deflated,” the label reads. “No G.O.A.T. harmed in the making of this beer (but we gave it our best shot!)”

Sweetwater and Sam Adams weren’t the only Super Bowl-related bets between the two cities. Kane’s Donuts made a similar wager with an Atlanta doughnut shop, while Massachusetts Gov. Charlie Baker should be receiving stew, apple pie, and chocolate-covered blueberries from Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal.

If any Patriots fans were hoping to ask an Atlanta friend to pick up a few cans of Patriots Pale Ale, they’re out of luck.

“Cans are all gone,” Sweetwater wrote on its Facebook page Wednesday. “Thankfully.
Attachments
sweetwater-brewing-850x478$large.jpg
sweetwater-brewing-850x478$large.jpg (71.61 KiB) Viewed 878 times
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Farnham Russian Imperial Stout.

Farnham is one of the many new breweries popping up in Burlington. It's like daffodils up there.

It's OK. it drinks thin and single note in spite of the motor oil black pour. Old Rasputin is far better.

Hop'n Moose IPA, IIPA, and red amber have potential but they need to add some flair.

Foley Brothers Prawpuh Ruby, a wheat IPA. Another excellent beer from the vastly under rated and under known brewery in a garage in Brandon. They were at Sushi Yoshi with a van full of Prospect and barely drew a crowd. This is like Bob Dylan playing the Outback to a dozen people. Get it while there's (almost) no line, these boys are destined for bigger things.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:Farnham Russian Imperial Stout.

Farnham is one of the many new breweries popping up in Burlington. It's like daffodils up there.

It's OK. it drinks thin and single note in spite of the motor oil black pour. Old Rasputin is far better.

Hop'n Moose IPA, IIPA, and red amber have potential but they need to add some flair.

Foley Brothers Prawpuh Ruby, a wheat IPA. Another excellent beer from the vastly under rated and under known brewery in a garage in Brandon. They were at Sushi Yoshi with a van full of Prospect and barely drew a crowd. This is like Bob Dylan playing the Outback to a dozen people. Get it while there's (almost) no line, these boys are destined for bigger things.
shhhhhhhhhhh...

stone milled ale was excellent also...getting to be a redundant theme w them... :D American pale ale, 5.5% drinks big w full on hop flavor and nose...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

San Diego Brewery Makes Beer From Treated Sewage Water

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/sto ... _ref=green" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
XtremeJibber2001
Signature Poster

Post by XtremeJibber2001 »

It was a good weekend for beer, had some good ones:

Fiddlehead's Second Fiddle
Alesmith's Speedway Stout
Allegash's James Bean
The Alchemist's Focal Banger, Crusher, and Heady
Flying Dog's The Truth
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

Would you drink this?

http://www.10news.com/news/stone-brewin ... cled-water" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Makes me think of the reclaimed water in the K urinals. Blech.

Seems like a unnecessary and stupid move by Stone regardless of how safe and pure the water is.
I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel