Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Beer reviews and recommendations

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:
madhatter wrote: well thanks for ruining that before I even opened it... :sad:

been liking first drop from upper pass...No 2 from collective was good too...
Ha. Well let us know what you think when you try it.

I liked First Drop also, right taste in a lighter package. @ 6% ABV and big hop taste it's a nice in between a session @ 4% and DIPA @ 8%+ I'd like to try their double which has had good reviews, and a can of their milk stout is in the fridge that I need to open.
turns out mine are double trouble and lush 6/5 and 6/13 bottle dates...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
GnarDawg
Green Skidder

Post by GnarDawg »

A friend hooked me up with 2 awesome beers this weekend:

Bissell Brother: Nothing Gold
Tree House: Haze

Probably wicked hard to get but if you can find them do yourself a favor and buy them.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

GnarDawg wrote:A friend hooked me up with 2 awesome beers this weekend:

Bissell Brother: Nothing Gold Maine
http://www.bissellbrothers.com/new-page-1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tree House: Haze monson ma. at the brewery only...

http://treehousebrew.com/availability/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Probably wicked hard to get but if you can find them do yourself a favor and buy them.
treehouse makes good stuff, often a line and often sells out...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
DrJeff
Poster Child Poster

Post by DrJeff »

The HEAVY rumor online the last day or 2 is that Treehouse's new brewery in Charlton, MA is about to open either this week or next..... Big increase in capacity when that happens, as has been witnessed the last few weeks when they've been brewing in the new facility in Charlton (even if publically they haven't said this, but the Monson brewery I can attest personally hasn't smelled like fresh hops the last few weeks, and there's been a Ryder truck loaded with the beers they've been releasing the last few weeks that has been spotted arriving to Monson the last few weeks.....).

Hope the new facility has the same rough capacity that Trillium has with their Canton and Boston locations.....
Proud Ski Racer Parent x2!
killyfan
Blue Chatterbox

Post by killyfan »

This is pretty exciting news from yesterday! If you like European style beers it is well worth a drive over to Littleton, spend a day skiing Cannon, and have dinner and beer at Schilling:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWYFuBUF_st/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/32906/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We had a great dinner there last winter. The beer was incredible. The Erastus, Otto and Sahti were truly memorable. We'll definitely be going back this winter.
Attachments
IMG_1757 2.jpg
IMG_1757 2.jpg (167.72 KiB) Viewed 1071 times
In a world where you can be anything, why not choose to be kind...
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Connecticut has a number of new entrants.

First is Numy Nummy from Stubborn Beauty in Middletown, CT. 90 pts Pretty hard to get, and sets a new bar in pretentious packaging. It comes in a 2 pack. That's right, you only get two 16 ox tall boys, and they will set you back $8 for the pair.

It's good for CT. It's average for VT. A little more bitter, and a different bitter, like quinine sharp bitter. Some bread and malt, nice but soft nose, but doesn't deliver the wow. Not a do-over for me, but nice to see the bar getting raised in CT.
rsz_20170712_192731[1].jpg
rsz_20170712_192731[1].jpg (103.15 KiB) Viewed 1044 times
I also got a six of Thomas Hooker No Filter IPA. 91 pts. (Bloomfield CT) At $13 a 6 pack it blows away any other 6 pack IPA. That's not to say it's Foley Bros good, but in the 6 pack league it's way better than Long Trail, Otter Creek, or Rock Art 6 packs. You just can't walk in and buy some, you need to be there on the right day.

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:Connecticut has a number of new entrants.

First is Numy Nummy from Stubborn Beauty in Middletown, CT. 90 pts Pretty hard to get, and sets a new bar in pretentious packaging. It comes in a 2 pack. That's right, you only get two 16 ox tall boys, and they will set you back $8 for the pair.

It's good for CT. It's average for VT. A little more bitter, and a different bitter, like quinine sharp bitter. Some bread and malt, nice but soft nose, but doesn't deliver the wow. Not a do-over for me, but nice to see the bar getting raised in CT.
rsz_20170712_192731[1].jpg
I also got a six of Thomas Hooker No Filter IPA. 91 pts. (Bloomfield CT) At $13 a 6 pack it blows away any other 6 pack IPA. That's not to say it's Foley Bros good, but in the 6 pack league it's way better than Long Trail, Otter Creek, or Rock Art 6 packs. You just can't walk in and buy some, you need to be there on the right day.

not a huge rock art fan but I had the mosaic single hop from them and it was quite tasty...
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

meanwhile over at GIS house a routine delivery is taking place:

:Toast
mach es sehr schnell

hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

madhatter wrote:meanwhile over at GIS house a routine delivery is taking place:

:Toast
Brutal -

I'm down to 7 cans......

Need to get north.......
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

can't say I've actually tried any of it...
mach es sehr schnell

MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Pineapple in beer . . . not for me :ani_smiles:
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

MrsG wrote:Pineapple in beer . . . not for me :ani_smiles:
How about on pizza ?
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Nope . . . no pineapple on pizza . . . when I'm bad and have pizza, it's pepperoni, olives, and roasted red peppers - oh, and cheese :P . . . and, I eat a half of a large :mrgreen: Ok, maybe only once or twice a year :ani_smiles:
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

I'm very happy with the Red Hook IPA variety 12 pack. $11 something at Demoulas.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

freeski wrote:I'm very happy with the Red Hook IPA variety 12 pack. $11 something at Demoulas.
That's a great price, I'll have to get some of that.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!