2008-2009 season pass comparisons

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

2008-2009 season pass comparisons

Post by Mister Moose »

OK, just like last year, here it is. Stratton just announced, so it seemed time to get started. Please take the time to read the following:

Items in yellow are last year. They will be updated as areas announce, and are kept for comparisons. The entire last year's passes are archived, and will be posted here later for referral.

Items posted in red have expired.

Many resorts have quite a few pass offerings, and not all products are represented here. Some have additional stipulations. See the resort's website for complete information.

I am not responsible for any errors or omissions. This is for your convenience and enjoyment, no warranty or fitness for use is expressed or implied. Besides, the admins are really to blame.

Skiable vertical means the greatest vertical off one lift that is not green, or nearly green. That means the 50 feet of valley plunge that is open on alternate full moons doesn't count, and Skyeship stage 1 doesn't cut the mustard. Yes, Mt Snow doesn't match the brochure vertical, and I have checked it and re-checked it on Topo maps. Their figure is wrong. It must go from below the parking lot to the very summit, both of which are not lift serviced or continuous. In fact, I checked almost every area on topo maps, and where applicable I used the corrected figure.

I usually track NH and Maine as well, and those will be up as more areas announce.

Lastly, sales tax in VT varies now with the town. MT Snow, Stratton and Killington are subject to 7%, the rest are 6%. That's right folks, Killington's new tax means our passes just went up 1% plus whatever POWDR does. A few resort's prices include the tax, see the notes section.

Last edited by Mister Moose on Mar 12th, '08, 15:40, edited 2 times in total.
HelmetCam
Postaholic

Post by HelmetCam »

Great list. For the white items, can you post last year's prices in there now as a comparison? It would be interesting to see how much Okemo's prices have gone up this year so we can project where K will be.
Last edited by HelmetCam on Mar 11th, '08, 14:23, edited 1 time in total.
buzzkill
Powderhound

Post by buzzkill »

Nice work, Mr. Moose, thx much.

Scanning the competition, I'd say we're in for a price hike.

And I am honored to donate 1% to the good folks of K-town
to piss away on consultants for projects they will never start.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Got an email today from Stratton. Here's what else they are sweetening the pot with:
Strstton wrote: Upgrade to a season pass now and have total flexibility next season.
The Value Pass pays off in less than 6 ski days!
We know you’re enjoying fantastic skiing and riding this year... so, perhaps now’s the time to join the Stratton family with a season pass. There’s one to suit every budget and lifestyle - and the more you ski, the more you’ll save.
And remember: save the dates April 12-13 for Stratton's Annual Spring Fling!
BONUS: Get FREE gondola rides this summer with your Season Pass!

Buy by April 30 and SAVE up to $180*

One year subscription to SKI Magazine included with your pass purchase** (7 issues - $9 value)
Okemo wrote:New Buyers: buy early and use your 2008/09 season pass (on the days it is valid) beginning Monday, March 17 through Closing Day or Sunday, April 13, 2008 (whichever comes first). Please stop by Mountain Services or call (802) 228-1601 for information on this upgrade option.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

HelmetCam wrote:Great list. For the white items, can you post last year's prices in there now as a comparison? It would be interesting to see how much Okemo's prices have gone up this year so we can project where K will be.
Why would you need to do that? Look at Stowe's $1,305 non-blackout and $1,175 blackout early pass price. One can expect that Killington will converge on that over a few years. Last year, a non-blackout pass had a $400 increase from $600 to $1000. A price of $1,200 this year wouldn't surprise me. I'll bet the blackout pass goes up from $600 to closer to $800. The 'new' Killington cares about full price day ticket sales, not season pass sales.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Here is last year's for comparison:

HelmetCam
Postaholic

Post by HelmetCam »

wow-
Mt. Snow up $100 across the board
Stratton-only pass up $100
Okemo totally does away with their early buy huge discount pass, up a touch on their full and midweek passes.
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Sweet. Thanks for doing this again.

That Okemo pass price for this past year doesn't look right, though. I priced their passes last year (didn't buy one -- didn't buy ANY this year, thank you, Powdr), and I think $599 was their blackout price.

Does the Mt. Sneaux blackout pass include any other mountains?
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Mount Snow has lots of variations on the pass, Nor'Easter for everything and then the local pass for $499.

http://www.mountsnow.com/seasonpasses.html

6/1/08
Deadline 10/13/08
Deadline After
10/13/08
NOR'EASTER PASS
• Ages 19-64
• Valid At: Mount Snow in Vermont, Attitash and Crotched Mountain in New Hampshire, and Jack Frost/Big Boulder in Pennsylvania
• Valid Every day
• 20% discount in all resort retail shops
• First Tracks early lift access
• Other benefits may vary by resort
$849 $949 $1049

NOR'EASTER YOUNG ADULT PASS
• Ages 13-18
• Valid At: Mount Snow in Vermont, Attitash and Crotched Mountain in New Hampshire, and Jack Frost/Big Boulder in Pennsylvania
• Valid Every day
$749 $849 $949

NOR'EASTER JUNIOR PASS
• Ages 6-12
• Valid Every day
$649 $749 $849

NOR'EASTER SENIOR PASS
• Ages 65 and over
• Valid Everyday
$549 $649 $749
CLASSIC PASS
• All Ages
• Valid At: Mount Snow
• Valid 7 days a week except during
black out periods* $499 $599 $699
MIDWEEK PASS
• All Ages
• Valid Monday - Friday except during black out periods*
$399 $499 $599
CHILD
• Ages 5 & under
• Valid Everyday
$30
HIGHER EDUCATION COLLEGE PASS
• Current college students only
• Valid At: Mount Snow, Attitash & Crotched Mountain
• Valid Everyday
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
sLoPeS
Slalom Racer

Post by sLoPeS »

Thanks for the list!!! however, I will still be skiing at Killington next year....so numbers dont matter too much.
rudeboy
Blue Chatterbox

Post by rudeboy »

Thanks for the list.

Boyne put together a nice package - For any new season pass purchase for the 2008/2009 season, you can start riding after the 23rd of this month. Given the ample snow cover, that could mean 5+ weeks of riding. Current and previous pass members get a discount on next years pass which now includes Loon.
"Also, to those who hate boarders? Check yourselves - we saved the ski industry and without us you’d be riding two-person chairs paying 200 dollar lift tickets..." NYTimes Blog
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Jersey Guy -

A typo must have slipped in there, good catch. From this post last year:
HelmetCam wrote:Interesting price point comparison-

Their closest equivalent to ASC's silver/bronze pass goes for $519 (early season buy) going up to $619 before 9/29.

The gold equivalent is $979 early buy.

Is this where ASC will be pricing the passes next year?
The correct early buy full pass at Okemo was 949. I'll update the table shortly.
MarkinNY
Black Carver

Post by MarkinNY »

Stratton midweek non-holiday also good at Okemo and Sunapee $299 till 4/30.
TheLurker
Bumper

Post by TheLurker »

MarkinNY wrote:Stratton midweek non-holiday also good at Okemo and Sunapee $299 till 4/30.
As the Okemo pass is good at Stratton and Sunapee.
powbmps
Bumper

Post by powbmps »

Sunapee offers the Value Pass for $625.

Okemo offers the same pass for $589, but factor in the 6% sales tax and you get $624.34.

Tricky.