New Year 2009 Celebration in Killington

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Simulik
Beginner On Rentals

New Year 2009 Celebration in Killington

Post by Simulik »

Can anyone give any suggestions as per how New Year's Eve is celebrated up in Killington.
We are coming up from New York on Wed. Dec. 31, should I be making reservations ahead of time someplace (i think you have 3 clubs with music, dinner, drinks....?). Also as far as purchasing lift tickets and equip. rentals- is there any cheaper way to get 2 day tickets online/offline. We would like to ski for 2 days- Thursday and Friday.
And also any other suggestions you can give would be great, it's our first time in Killington, and we like to go out at night, so if you know any fun places in the village, please let me know.
Thanks so much!!!!
:P
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: New Year 2009 Celebration in Killington

Post by Mister Moose »

Simulik wrote:Can anyone give any suggestions as per how New Year's Eve is celebrated up in Killington.
We are coming up from New York on Wed. Dec. 31, should I be making reservations ahead of time someplace (i think you have 3 clubs with music, dinner, drinks....?). Also as far as purchasing lift tickets and equip. rentals- is there any cheaper way to get 2 day tickets online/offline. We would like to ski for 2 days- Thursday and Friday.
And also any other suggestions you can give would be great, it's our first time in Killington, and we like to go out at night, so if you know any fun places in the village, please let me know.
Thanks so much!!!!
:P
Lots of folks will chime in shortly, but to get the best response, let us know your skiing ability ( for rental info), price range for New Years Eve, and lodging. welcome to the board!
Simulik
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Simulik »

I am at intermediate level, my husband is a beginner (but I hope that at the end of day one, he will join me on the blue slopes:P
We have lodging in the village, but that's about it.
Oh, and I forgot, price range for New Year Eve- welllllll, coming from New York, let's just say we will keep an open mind, but would love not to spend to much,unless the offer is something amazing.
Thanks!
Last edited by Simulik on Nov 18th, '08, 13:15, edited 1 time in total.
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Simulik wrote:I am at intermediate level, my husband is a beginner (but I hope that at the end of day one, he will join me on the blue slopes:P
where is "the village"?
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Simulik
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Simulik »

Opps, sorry, I thought Killington was a village.
I guess a town ? :oops:
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

do you know the name of the place you're staying? Just curious...

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Simulik
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Simulik »

We are staying at the Red Roof, it was the cheapest price ever!!!! I know it's nothing fancy, but it will do for 3 nights.
Do you have any suggestions since you are local?
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Simulik wrote:We are staying at the Red Roof, it was the cheapest price ever!!!! I know it's nothing fancy, but it will do for 3 nights.
oh, OK. Thats fine.

I'm actually not local, and I never go out on NYE (just do a house party) so sorry I don't.

Isn't there another thread that was posted recently that has all the answers to this? Maybe try a search for new years eve

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Simulik wrote:I am at intermediate level, my husband is a beginner (but I hope that at the end of day one, he will join me on the blue slopes:P
Oh, and I forgot, price range for New Year Eve- welllllll, coming from New York, let's just say we will keep an open mind, but would love not to spend to much,unless the offer is something amazing.
Thanks!
The usual clubs on the access road are the Pickle Barrel, Wobbly Barn (both younger, live bands, you can check their websites to see what band is playing) Outback/Tabu (more of a DJ with good pizza) and Grist Mill (older crowd frequently county/blues bands) Just about every club and restaurant will have typical New Years package prices. Restaurants like Santa Fe Steak house, Jax, and a few others will have live entertainment as well.

For rentals, the best equipment and value is off the mountain. Your husband will probably do better with the mountain's lift/lesson/rental deal. If you want better equipment than the mass rental fleet, you can pick some up the night before at one of the many ski shops on the access road, or just off it.
Simulik
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Simulik »

Oh, wow, so it actually pays to get skis off the moutain, i had no idea!
Any specific shops you recommend?
I guess we can get just one separate lesson at the mountain.
Simulik
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Simulik »

SkiDork wrote:
Simulik wrote:We are staying at the Red Roof, it was the cheapest price ever!!!! I know it's nothing fancy, but it will do for 3 nights.
oh, OK. Thats fine.

I'm actually not local, and I never go out on NYE (just do a house party) so sorry I don't.

Isn't there another thread that was posted recently that has all the answers to this? Maybe try a search for new years eve
I tried looking for some posts here on NYE, but didn't find anything. I did read about the 3 main clubs on here. Well if you have any good info, let me know!
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

Mister Moose wrote:
Thanks!
The usual clubs on the access road are the Pickle Barrel, Wobbly Barn (both younger, live bands, you can check their websites to see what band is playing) Outback/Tabu (more of a DJ with good pizza) and Grist Mill (older crowd frequently county/blues bands) Just about every club and restaurant will have typical New Years package prices. Restaurants like Santa Fe Steak house, Jax, and a few others will have live entertainment as well.

For rentals, the best equipment and value is off the mountain. Your husband will probably do better with the mountain's lift/lesson/rental deal. If you want better equipment than the mass rental fleet, you can pick some up the night before at one of the many ski shops on the access road, or just off it.
Good Pizza???

When is the last time you ate Pizza there? That crap is aweful, been headed downhill ever since Casey bought the place and now that he is losing his shirt you're lucky if you get any toppings or cheese on your pizza.
mellowyellow
Black Carver

Post by mellowyellow »

mister moose good pizza my ass your knowledge is very LITTLE when were you here last 4 years ago
Simulik
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Simulik »

Thanks so much!!!
So from those 3 places (clubs/bars) which place is the best, I looked at their websites but that's really not so much info and pix.
Thanks!