New Year 2009 Celebration in Killington

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: New Year 2009 Celebration in Killington

Post by Mister Moose »

Simulik wrote:Oh, wow, so it actually pays to get skis off the moutain, i had no idea!
Any specific shops you recommend?
I guess we can get just one separate lesson at the mountain.
I don't rent skiis, so I'm not sure who has the best rental fleet.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=ski+shop+05751

Peak Performance is performance/race oriented. Forerunner and Black Dog are smaller shops that have a local following. Northern, Aspen East and Basin are larger shops. First Stop (at the corner of Rte 4 and 100S has a rental sign, but I've never seen their equipment offering.

If you're going to rent boots I'd go with the shop most willing to spend some time fitting you.

As far as you dragging your huband down a blue run the first day, you might want to have him take 2 lessons (morning and afternoon the first day) and wait at least until the second day. Make sure he can turn and stop confidently, otherwise he should stay on the greens. Good places are the greens and blues at Rams Head, Cruise Control, the new great Eastern for a long scenic run, maybe Snowshed for a warm up run. High Road off the Northbrook chair could be excellent for a newly minted skier. (Make sure the Northbrook chair is running) Stay off Skyeburst, Skylark, and all of Bear. The Glades, or Northridge, is a nice blue run, but the route down afterwards is a traffic jam.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

mellowyellow wrote:mister moose good pizza my ass your knowledge is very LITTLE when were you here last 4 years ago
I said good, not great. Some prefer Pizza Jerks, but I don't. What else is there?

Oh, and I was last there April 26th, 2008. Was up most weekends, and a fair bit midweek. Your tolerance and perception level is very LITTLE today.
sLoPeS
Slalom Racer

Post by sLoPeS »

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

what is this, gang up on Mr Moose day?
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

domenics or whatever it is, in the old toast place is probably the best...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

SPORE wrote:
Mister Moose wrote: The usual clubs on the access road are the Pickle Barrel, Wobbly Barn (both younger, live bands, you can check their websites to see what band is playing) Outback/Tabu (more of a DJ with good pizza) and Grist Mill (older crowd frequently county/blues bands) Just about every club and restaurant will have typical New Years package prices. Restaurants like Santa Fe Steak house, Jax, and a few others will have live entertainment as well.

For rentals, the best equipment and value is off the mountain. Your husband will probably do better with the mountain's lift/lesson/rental deal. If you want better equipment than the mass rental fleet, you can pick some up the night before at one of the many ski shops on the access road, or just off it.
Good Pizza???

When is the last time you ate Pizza there? That crap is aweful, been headed downhill ever since Casey bought the place and now that he is losing his shirt you're lucky if you get any toppings or cheese on your pizza.
AndyZee got us a pizza from there when we came up for the 11/2 opening. It wasn't the best pizza I ever tasted but it wasn't the worst one either. It was edible. Did it change since then?
mellowyellow
Black Carver

Post by mellowyellow »

mister moose next time up try nicks pizza behind claudes choices, what used to be cafe toast he truelly has the best pizza on the mountain the number is 802 422 7070
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

johnny the jibber wrote:domenics or whatever it is, in the old toast place is probably the best...
Do they make gradma's pizza?
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

what is grandmas pizza, tyroleanskier?

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
johnny the jibber wrote:domenics or whatever it is, in the old toast place is probably the best...
Any Pizza outside of the NYC metro area is so bad you might as well find something else to eat.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Nikoli wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
Any Pizza outside of the NYC metro area is so bad you might as well find something else to eat.
NEW HAVEN PIZZA IS THE BEST THERE IS!

SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

grandmas is basically a thin sicilian
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

good question, i dont know. i like em thin, and crusty...

tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

johnny the jibber wrote:what is grandmas pizza, tyroleanskier?
A square pizza with a very thin crust with crushed tomatoes and mozzarella and sometimes they will put fresh basil on it. It is really good if made well. There should be more tomatoes than mozzarella on it. When I order it here I make sure to tell them that's what I want. Definitely not as dowy as a sicilian pizza.
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Post by Nikoli »

johnny the jibber wrote:
NEW HAVEN PIZZA IS THE BEST THERE IS!
Now that's news to me. Any places you recommend? I drive through there on the way to killington.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus