Don't Jersey Vermont

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Eski
Postaholic

Re: Don't Jersey Vermont

Post by Eski »

a mom with her two 20 something year old daughters pulled into my drive to do a turn-around today and proceeded to get stuck in the ice/snow ... after about 10 minutes of watching their failed antics from my window, I don my boots and jacket and lend a hand by placing it into 4wd and driving it right out onto the road ... they thought I was a hero, I just shook my head in amazement
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Post by Stache »

Four wheel drive does not keep you from getting stuck.
It will get you an extra $150 tow bill further out into the snow & mud.
Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
Eski
Postaholic

Post by Eski »

Stache wrote:Four wheel drive does not keep you from getting stuck.
It will get you an extra $150 tow bill further out into the snow & mud.
I live at the mountaintop and drive every day in all conditions ... 4wd works wonders if you engage the gears and use common sense (which was my point) ... there are specific times here where the only folks making it up the road are those with the right combo of tires, gears and driving skills ... I haven't had a tow bill yet, but have saved a few folks from one as I yanked them out of trouble with a tow strap
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

come now everyone. The drivers and A-holes are becoming an epidemic in the Northeast. From Deleware to Maine nobody knows how to drive in bad weather anymore. Must be an influx of too many southerners who think r*in is for slowing down and snow means you can speed up. Doesn't matter who's plate is on the car, there are too many of these idiots on the road.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
panelman01
Bumper

Post by panelman01 »

I just feel compelled to re post this..... It's in the NY and VT drivers manual as well...

The laws of New Jersey require motorists to keep to the right, except when
passing. Motorists must drive on the right half of the roadway unless driving on a
one-way street. Motorists must drive a vehicle as close as possible to the right hand
edge or curb of the roadway, except when overtaking and passing another
vehicle. (N.J.S.A. 39:4-82)
On a multi-lane roadway, motorists must drive in the lane nearest to the right-hand
edge or curb of the roadway when the lane is available for travel, except when
overtaking another vehicle or in preparation for a left turn. (N.J.S.A. 39:4-88)
Going where the wind don't blow so strange. Maybe on some high cold mountain range.
richm20
Bumper

Post by richm20 »

If you look close the boots are there for a reason, stupid reason but a reason! The car doesn’t have a ski/board rack just a luggage rack. They slipped the boards under the rails and put the boots on to keep them from sliding forward or back!
Dopes!
since1961
Blue Chatterbox

Post by since1961 »

rogman wrote:Would Vermonting Jersey be okay? I've always wanted some NJ maple syrup. Jersey cows are cool.
FWIW I don't expect anyone in here to know anything about cows but the pretty black and white cows like you see on Ben & Jerry's stuff are not Jersey's, they are Holsteins. It's one of the many misconception city slickers and suburbanites have about Vermont. Jersey's, named for the Isle of Jersey in GB are all brown. They are fine cows and popular. Class dismissed. :lol:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holstein_cattle
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jersey_cow

BTW, maple syrup is produced in Jersey and I am sure it's delicious although I'm not quite sure what this particular Jersey producer means when he says it has a "unique" taste. :ani_smiles:
http://www.uppermeadowsfarm.com/Products.html
Just the facts..Jack!
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

panelman01 wrote:I just feel compelled to re post this..... It's in the NY and VT drivers manual as well...

The laws of New Jersey require motorists to keep to the right, except when
passing. Motorists must drive on the right half of the roadway unless driving on a
one-way street. Motorists must drive a vehicle as close as possible to the right hand
edge or curb of the roadway, except when overtaking and passing another
vehicle. (N.J.S.A. 39:4-82)
On a multi-lane roadway, motorists must drive in the lane nearest to the right-hand
edge or curb of the roadway when the lane is available for travel, except when
overtaking another vehicle or in preparation for a left turn. (N.J.S.A. 39:4-88)
This is also true in Connecticut. "Unlawful to Pass on the Right", "Keep Right Except to Pass - State Law". These signs used to be posted along the parkways, I-95 and other 4 lane highways. Signs are gone, laws not enforced and people are just STUPID!
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
jhatski
Blue Chatterbox

Post by jhatski »

i think its probably a very good idea to air out your boots from time to time :wink:

By the way the guy with the white divining rod appears to have found water.