Snow making.....

Post by tt431 »

... any in the horizon? Reports? Predictions? Rumors? :ear
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: Snow making.....

Post by skiadikt »

tt431 wrote:... any in the horizon? Reports? Predictions? Rumors? :ear
they have small windows each of the next couple nights. at best, they'll blow just to fix things to stay open. not enough for trail expansion especially with the forecast. no real windows until the end of next week.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

Current conditions K site says 30, the weather channel 24, NOA 27, Accueweather 22. Humidity 69%, is that bad? It seems to be colder at lower altitude today but shouldn't they be making snow right now?
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

OK, I found this. It appears they are bordering ideal/marginal snowmaking conditions.

They should at least try :evil: .
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

According to Tom snowmaking operations have been suspended till at least mid next week

Me to Tom
show details 8:53 AM (22 hours ago)

Hey Tom,
are we gonna see any expansion for the coming weekend? I know the day temps dont look good but
will temps permit any production at night?

Reply |Tom Horrocks to me
show details 9:09 AM (22 hours ago)

Unfortunately, we don't expect to resume snowmaking for at least 6-7 days based on the current forecast. So no expansion this weekend.
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

BoozeTan wrote:According to Tom snowmaking operations have been suspended till at least mid next week

Me to Tom
show details 8:53 AM (22 hours ago)

Hey Tom,
are we gonna see any expansion for the coming weekend? I know the day temps dont look good but
will temps permit any production at night?

Reply |Tom Horrocks to me
show details 9:09 AM (22 hours ago)

Unfortunately, we don't expect to resume snowmaking for at least 6-7 days based on the current forecast. So no expansion this weekend.
Weather channel is forecasting 14 degrees tonight but I guess they've already put no-snowmaking-til-next-week in the spreadsheet and we all know what's written in the spreadsheet goes to heaven.
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

I wouldn't parse Tom's words too finely. No expansion? That part I believe. They'd be nuts to try. However, I would assume that if a reasonable window is available, they'll continue to build base on upper mountain trails. When they're done in the glades, they'll remove the guns. However, they're still there. Killington's goal is to stay open through this warm up. This isn't a spreadsheet decision, merely common sense.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

rogman wrote:I wouldn't parse Tom's words too finely.
That's JerseyGuy's job. :mrgreen:

I think they might run guns at night if they need to repair and/or resurface what we're already skiing on. There appear to be intervals most nights where this will be possible.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

rogman wrote:I wouldn't parse Tom's words too finely. No expansion? That part I believe. They'd be nuts to try. However, I would assume that if a reasonable window is available, they'll continue to build base on upper mountain trails. When they're done in the glades, they'll remove the guns. However, they're still there. Killington's goal is to stay open through this warm up. This isn't a spreadsheet decision, merely common sense.
at this point think they'll do what's needed just have a surface to ski on but certainly no expansion. i'm sure we'll see rapid, aggressive snowmaking & terrain expansion when the window of opportunity does arrive.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
skiingsnow
Guru Poster

Post by skiingsnow »

Nws "mountain forecast" says lows in the mid 40's tonight.
Nws "Mountain click forecast" says a low of 43 tonight.
Nws 3559' forecast says a low of 19 tonight.
Snowforecast says a low of 37 tonight.
Snow-forecast says a low of 30 tonight.

For the last couple weeks the noaa/nws killington at 3559' has been way colder than any forecast out there many times, and it ended up being 10-15+ degrees off. Well to be clear, I've looked at the 2500' forecast for Killington and temp at K base was 10-15 degrees higher than it said it would be. However the mountain forecast/new mountain click forecast have been very accurate the past few weeks.

So I am guessing that there is no snowmaking weather this week, even though noaa website says there is.... Last night around 11 it was colder here in Bridgewater than it was going over the pass at 2200'.....
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

snow was made for about an hour lastnight...im not sure where though...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

johnny the jibber wrote:snow was made for about an hour lastnight...im not sure where though...
At Killington silly.
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

junior wrote:
johnny the jibber wrote:snow was made for about an hour lastnight...im not sure where though...
At Killington silly.
indeed brah, indeed...
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12