8" ?

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

8" ?

Post by skiadikt »

mountain report says 8". if true, nats & trees should be back in business ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: 8" ?

Post by Dr. NO »

skiadikt wrote:mountain report says 8". if true, nats & trees should be back in business ...
Was on the hill all day and it snowed most of that time. 8" is possible in places, but with the wind not likely everywhere. The base is fast and firm especially in the woods or sides of the trails. Add in the soft snow ruts that got frozen in time, well I think I would wait a bit before testing those hidden treasures.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Dr. NO wrote:
skiadikt wrote:mountain report says 8". if true, nats & trees should be back in business ...
Was on the hill all day and it snowed most of that time. 8" is possible in places, but with the wind not likely everywhere. The base is fast and firm especially in the woods or sides of the trails. Add in the soft snow ruts that got frozen in time, well I think I would wait a bit before testing those hidden treasures.
so you wouldn't be recommending growler & anarchy at this point ...
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Heading out now. I'll post an update if I find any 8" drifts.

Edit: The two closest resorts are reporting 0" (Okemo) and 2-4" (Sugarbush)... The K-cloud in effect?
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Total fabrication...
even 8 cm is a stretch.
Forever .. Goat Path
TheAbominableSnowman
Blue Chatterbox

Post by TheAbominableSnowman »

Yeah, I got like 1 to 2 inches in my back yard. An I am pretty close to the Mountain. Someone most of hit the wrong button while doing the report.
The Abominable Snowman

I Come from the land of the ice and snow
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

8" is definitely marketing number. As mentioned 8 cm would be a stretch.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

We probably had 5" in 24 hours, but not 8" . . . skiing was better today, but we have been spoiled - those who have not skied this season and are only up for vaca week, will think it's normal New England skiing :seeya
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

MrsG - Blake won the duals today. He's really skiing great! I spoke to him a few weeks ago at Stratton and told him I know you. He smiled when I mentioned your name.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Loon, Sunday River, and Sugarloaf are making snow. Any snowmaking at Killington in the cards??
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Big Bob wrote:Loon, Sunday River, and Sugarloaf are making snow. Any snowmaking at Killington in the cards??
No snowmaking going on at K and the 8" were probably in someone's dream. Sun was out all day but it was very cold.

Since there is no thread about today, I'll add to this post.

Grooming provided some snow to work with in some places but in others you were down to the ice. Long lines at the gondolas and at Bear. OL was interesting today but only skied when I had to get to the bottom of the course. Wildfire and Bear Claw had their icy spots as well. At Needles we chose to ski Cruise Control and Bittersweet to High Road - both were OK but you did have to deal with a lot of bodies. East Fall was actually pretty good this afternoon; Rime was better than Upper East Fall; Powerline and North Ridge were both groomed. Did some laps off the poma and those runs were in pretty good shape. However, Mouse Trap had a very long stretch of ice that you could not turn on.

Skiadikt, I tried to enter some woods that we both know but I came out pretty quickly because it was not fun skiing them. We need more snow or a warmup before we could venture back in.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Quit shortly after lunch and hit the pool. I'll leave today to the SPORES. Way too many close calls with people unable to handle the ice. I wonder how many collisions there were on the section of Great Eastern just downhill of the Skye Peak Express (leading into Skylark). That area was an ice skating rink by 11.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

There's got to be a better way to deal with that section of trail. When I was over the first week of the month, it was sketchy at the end of most days even with all the snow on the Tues-Wed... and there was hardly anyone there that week in my eyes. On the Friday, late in the afternoon, a Boarder just about took me out when he wiped out on my tails as I was skiing straight down the left edge. Could have been bad, but I got lucky. Too much traffic in that spot from the 3 lifts feeding the immediate area, and those traversing down from K-peak. Must be just like a Zamboni polished rink now.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

ME2VTSkier wrote:There's got to be a better way to deal with that section of trail. When I was over the first week of the month, it was sketchy at the end of most days even with all the snow on the Tues-Wed... and there was hardly anyone there that week in my eyes. On the Friday, late in the afternoon, a Boarder just about took me out when he wiped out on my tails as I was skiing straight down the left edge. Could have been bad, but I got lucky. Too much traffic in that spot from the 3 lifts feeding the immediate area, and those traversing down from K-peak. Must be just like a Zamboni polished rink now.
i had one collision on that section this season. and that was on good snow. it's unforgivable if they don't blow snow on that section & the section of 4-way or whatever it's called just above skye lark.
Marc Shepherd
Black Carver

Post by Marc Shepherd »

spanky wrote:Quit shortly after lunch and hit the pool. I'll leave today to the SPORES. Way too many close calls with people unable to handle the ice. I wonder how many collisions there were on the section of Great Eastern just downhill of the Skye Peak Express (leading into Skylark). That area was an ice skating rink by 11.
I've seen expert skiers fall in that spot. I wonder how many problems there are, since Great Eastern is labeled green, but at that point it is definitely not a beginner trail.