Damage at K

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

spanky
Site Admin

Re: Damage at K

Post by spanky »

Marc Shepherd wrote:Let's hope they are well insured. Assuming the KBL is unsalvageable for this season (and it doesn't look very good), I suspect they'll bring in mobile food trucks, and the like. It's a long way down to Skyship Base from there.
They could also erect those large tent/yurt structures (similar to what Mountain Creek did after their lodge burned down).

Edit: http://www.nytimes.com/1999/12/16/sport ... lan-b.html
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Marc Shepherd wrote:The state is going to have a BIG job to restore as many of those roads as possible during the remaining ~2 months before winter weather sets in.
Can they enlist the services of the Army Corp of Engineers?
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

spanky wrote:
Marc Shepherd wrote:Let's hope they are well insured. Assuming the KBL is unsalvageable for this season (and it doesn't look very good), I suspect they'll bring in mobile food trucks, and the like. It's a long way down to Skyship Base from there.
They could also erect those large tent/yurt structures (similar to what Mountain Creek did after their lodge burned down).
Looks like just the superstar pub side is effected? I'm sure we'll hear more soon.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Highway Star wrote:I'm sure we'll hear more soon.
Really? From this place? :lol:

Clutch
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by Clutch »

I don't really care about the lodges. I just hope all the lifts are fine. Except for Skyship Stage 1, F that lift.
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

SkiDork wrote:
skilab wrote:Unbelievable. Does anyone know the conditions of the roads and if it is even possible to get to K today? from some of the photos I've seen online it look like rt 4 is washed out from Rutland and Woodstock.
thats what we're wondering - we're planning on being up there this weekend

My guess is no. Cant be accessed from Rte 4 east or west. Washouts in Mendon and killington flats. Go boating on the great south bay this WE
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Some damage over at snowshed too...

http://yfrog.com/18ll2yj?f=1
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

ozzy wrote:
SkiDork wrote:
skilab wrote:Unbelievable. Does anyone know the conditions of the roads and if it is even possible to get to K today? from some of the photos I've seen online it look like rt 4 is washed out from Rutland and Woodstock.
thats what we're wondering - we're planning on being up there this weekend

My guess is no. Cant be accessed from Rte 4 east or west. Washouts in Mendon and killington flats. Go boating on the great south bay this WE
but Iceman is ramping, and we were gonna drop him off and then spend the weekend at K, state fair etc (wonder if they'll cancel that?). Lets hope maybe they build something temporary in order to circumvent... For all.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
Marc Shepherd
Black Carver

Post by Marc Shepherd »

Clutch wrote:I don't really care about the lodges. I just hope all the lifts are fine. Except for Skyship Stage 1, F that lift.
Is that your idea of a joke?
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Highway Star wrote: Looks like just the superstar pub side is effected? I'm sure we'll hear more soon.
Those photos show the downhill side damage. The water came from the uphill side. The uphill side can't look very good either.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Wow.. 80 guests on here now....site is going to collapse...
Where is Happy Hour ?
BigAirSkier1580
Bumper

Post by BigAirSkier1580 »

From everything I have gathered, it is NOT possible to get into or out of Killington at the present time. Numerous large scale washouts. Route 4 is toast in both directions. 100 has been beaten badly as well.

The washout in Mendon is going to require some MASSIVE work to repair the foundation and restore solid ground to that location.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

spanky wrote:

Edit: http://www.nytimes.com/1999/12/16/sport ... lan-b.html
Get on the phone with these guys ASAP. They could easily get something up in time for the (Early) start of the season.

http://www.sprung.com

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

I think we just found some "shovel ready" projects.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Mister Moose wrote:I think we just found some "shovel ready" projects.
There goes the overhead budget....... :bang
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters