State Police shooting fish in a barrel

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Geoff
Whipping Post

State Police shooting fish in a barrel

Post by Geoff »

One of my neighbors got busted for speeding coming down the Access Road. Vermont State trooper with a barking K-9 and a huge attitude. He got pissed when I started taking pictures of the pig-shaped spot on the cow in the State Police logo.

These guys are nowhere to be seen when condos get broken into but they're out in full force when it's easy pickings on weekends with people coming down the Access Road.

skiingsnow
Guru Poster

Re: State Police shooting fish in a barrel

Post by skiingsnow »

Well, how fast was your friend going?
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

I got pulled over last year on the access road. Only issued me a written warning.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

skiingsnow wrote:Well, how fast was your friend going?
The state trooper had such an attitude that I didn't stick around to ask questions. He was quite unhappy that I was out there with a camera taking photos of the door of his cop car.

I imagine the guy was going 45 just like everybody else going down the hill. Even downshifting to get some engine braking, it's difficult to NOT speed in most cars unless you use your brakes.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

It is not against the law to take a picture of a cruiser. Don't these guys know they work for the taxpayers and not some mysterious being.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

Big Bob wrote:It is not against the law to take a picture of a cruiser. Don't these guys know they work for the taxpayers and not some mysterious being.
More or less it went:

Cop: "Get away from my car"

Me: "You are parked in the middle of my private driveway"

Cop: "I can arrest you for ignoring my command to get away from my car"

The cop had a German Shepherd in the car that was going off. I was at least 5 feet from the car standing on private property taking pictures of the door. I guess Vermont needs vicious attack dogs and cops with huge attitudes to chase away the few remaining tourists who go to Killington. WTF is a K9 unit doing at the top of the Access Road hassling the tourists?
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

Geoff wrote:
Big Bob wrote:It is not against the law to take a picture of a cruiser. Don't these guys know they work for the taxpayers and not some mysterious being.
More or less it went:

The cop had a German Shepherd in the car that was going off. I was at least 5 feet from the car standing on private property taking pictures of the door. I guess Vermont needs vicious attack dogs and cops with huge attitudes to chase away the few remaining tourists who go to Killington. WTF is a K9 unit doing at the top of the Access Road hassling the tourists?
we've seen the k9 cop around a number of times.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
MrFistHer
Beginner On Rentals

Post by MrFistHer »

i got pulled over by a cop on the access road last winter and he had a k9 in the car, not sure if it is the same cop or not but the one that busted me was more than a a**hole
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

May have been training detail for the Snomont
They're overly sensitive to the decal fiasco.
A recent visit to the Bathel barracks 'boar' that out.
Be thankful ... coulda been worse ... if sow and bitch.

no video of the exchange :-o
Knock wood...never got me on that last stetch :banana:
Forever .. Goat Path
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

brownman wrote: Knock wood...never got me on that last stretch :banana:
I use my PRND32L thingie on the steering column. I drive in the right lane at the speed limit other than at the huge dip by the medical building where the right lane puts my head through the sun roof even at 35 mph. I swear I'm the only car on the road going 35 mph.
skiingsnow
Guru Poster

Post by skiingsnow »

Geoff wrote:
skiingsnow wrote:Well, how fast was your friend going?
The state trooper had such an attitude that I didn't stick around to ask questions. He was quite unhappy that I was out there with a camera taking photos of the door of his cop car.

I imagine the guy was going 45 just like everybody else going down the hill. Even downshifting to get some engine braking, it's difficult to NOT speed in most cars unless you use your brakes.
A lot of people out there have a bad attitude at times. Not exactly something new that cops try to keep people away from where they are working whether it happens to be on private property or a public area.

And yeah, driving down long and sometimes steep hills you should expect to have to break to stay within the speed limit.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

No break when they need the money....Those repairs after Irene were big $$$$$$
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 33 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25, 4/2, 4/5
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22, 4/14
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Saw a State-y follow someone off the Access Road yesterday around 1:00 pm down a road on the right that I never knew was there . . . in fact, I thought he was following the car into a parking lot, thought it was quite odd . . .
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Geoff wrote:
More or less it went:

Doesn't look like the cop car is parked in front of any driveway in that picture?
UVSHTSTRM
Bumper

Post by UVSHTSTRM »

RENO wrote:
Geoff wrote:
More or less it went:

Doesn't look like the cop car is parked in front of any driveway in that picture?
What picture are you looking at? I am pretty sure that both civilian cars are clearly parked in a driveway...........perhaps not.