Warning to those planning to ski today . . .

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

MrsG
Whipping Post

Warning to those planning to ski today . . .

Post by MrsG »

. . . Ozzy, coydog and ski - bag it - it's a death slide . . . needs about 50 degree weather before it's ready . . . :seeya
Coydog
Guru Poster

Re: Warning to those planning to ski today . . .

Post by Coydog »

Thanks for the beta. I was just about to head out - guess I'll rake the lawn instead.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Sounds like they don't really need snowmaking................. :roll:
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

I'm guessing they groomed the trails today?
jambear
Green Skidder

Post by jambear »

I'm guessing they did nothing and it got cold and set up like a rock.
The sensual caress of waist deep cold smoke.... glory in skiing virgin snow, in being the first to mark the powder with the signature of their run. ~Tim Cahill
KnuckleDragger
Powderhound

Post by KnuckleDragger »

If only they had opened 30 min later, the groomers would have had time to fix it up really nice. </sarcasm>
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

Skied here ~1800 days. Today was the second worst I have ever seen it.
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

ozzy wrote:Skied here ~1800 days. Today was the second worst I have ever seen it.
Ok, I have to ask, what was the worst.....?
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Highway Star wrote:
ozzy wrote:Skied here ~1800 days. Today was the second worst I have ever seen it.

50th anniversary Friday
ImageImageImageImage
ozzy

Post by ozzy »

Stormchaser wrote:
Highway Star wrote:

50th anniversary Friday
that was a nipple deep day compared to today..
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
ozzy

Post by ozzy »

Highway Star wrote:
I'll have to look at old logs to see the year, but there was one time when they had a massive thaw than a late freeze - except the whole mountain was open. At least what ever was groomed the night before

Tomorrow will be better once it gets renovated (forget grooming)
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Stormchaser wrote:
Highway Star wrote:

50th anniversary Friday
Damn right, I even sprung for the Super Diper Express Medallion for an extra $50, what a total CF
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

shortski wrote:
Stormchaser wrote:
Highway Star wrote:

50th anniversary Friday
Damn right, I even sprung for the Super Diper Express Medallion for an extra $50, what a total CF

Killington didn't operate that day, but I skied. Skinned up slip sliding around the entire way, and couldn't set an edge on the way down. Skidded from edge to edge on the trails with VERY little traction. I thought high up may have avoided the r*in...i was wrong. Woulda been better off on hockey skates, literally (although skinning may have been tougher).
ImageImageImageImage
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Thanks for the heads up . . . . Couldn't imagine that it would be very good . . .
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

One of my worst days was the year Powdr shut down and the next day we had a snow storm. Skinned up and enjoyed the bluebird day at the top of SS. After a nice rest, came down the headwall and quickly realized that without grooming, the snow was setup like wet concrete. Really couldn't turn at all. Made it about 1/3 of the way down struggling not to snap a knee when I realized I left my damn pack at the top. Slowly skinned back up, retrieved the pack and tried a different route but found the exact same conditions. About half way down this time, the dog ran into a porcupine with predictably bad results. A quick "pfffft" and her nose was covered with fishhook-like quills requiring a nasty visit to the vet. Finally made it all the way down to the car, walking a fair distance at the end, completely exhausted and humiliated. As a fitting end, I opened the cooler only to discover I forgot to bring the beer.