Post by jbkmart »

Verrry Nice.
Keeping the soul of Killington alive.
Thanks.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: Today's Improvised Mogul Challenge

Post by skiadikt »

occupy superstar ... that was very cool. hopefully management got the message. keepin the spirit alive.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Streamtracker
Black Carver

Post by Streamtracker »

Spoke with the costumer service rep. and asked them why the official event had been canceled. She said issues with crowd control and drinking. This at a resort that builds outdoor bars at the bottom of a lift.

Rumor that Nyberg watched part of the event and didn't look happy about it. Arms folded and stone faced.

It was a lot of fun to watch the best bumpers in the east battle it out - Killington made a big mistake when they dropped this event.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

So explain how this event worked. I was aware that it was planned but, by whom? How was it organized and who did the grading of contestants? Did anybody actually see Chris Nyberg out there looking "not happy about it"?

As for the explanation from customer service of why the old event was cancelled, that's their position and they're sticking to it, regardless of the facts as we all know them.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Pics. We needs pics!
Where is Happy Hour ?
IronMan WannaB
Bumper

Post by IronMan WannaB »

The Denial Cup

by Old School » Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:23 am

"In a season to remember Powder Corp (The recent owner of Killington resort) elected to no longer hold the annual Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge. In spite of that, a motivated group of skiers took it upon themselves to have an event. It was a real grassroots effort. Organizers approached ski shops and restaurants for donations and the event was well attended. The night before 55-65 of the competitors and friends met at on of the local restaurants Sushi Yoshi which donated free sushi to the enthusiastic crowd. Pairings for the Saturday event were held and plenty of laughs were had by all.
The day of the event competors gathered in the Killington base lodge and rules were discussed. The temps that morning were hovering around freezing. Things were pretty firm as the group took to the hill. On a day that most skiers would have stayed in, this group of 60 or so skiers skied in two great lines on the lower Superstar and at about 1:40 the unofficial event commenced. There were 55 men and 14 women competing. There was a three judge panel headed up by Jim Theodore (former US World Cup Mogul coach).Mens winner was Robert (Bobby)Zeola who was training with the Canadian freestyle team earlier this season and Catherine Toupence a two time winner of the BMMC. The top 4 competitors were awarded prizes and the two winners were each given a new pair of skis. Competitors were each given free tickets to the Snoop Dog Concert. Later that evening a large group attended a party at event organizer Frank Marinella's home. In attendance was former world cup competitor and olympic competitor Evan Dybvig. With the outpouring of support it appears this should be an ongoing event for some time......"
Sparky
One of the kids your mothers wouldn't let you play with.
JerseyGuy
Postinator

Post by JerseyGuy »

Awesome. I am really impressed. (No sarcasm here, either.)
"Default on aug 3rd just like clown lips said."
-- Racist Maddie, finally revealing himself as the hateful racist that he really is

"The rest of your post is something my pathetic little mind can't even remotely fathom."
-- Racist Maddie: uncut, uncensored, unedited and unhinged

"when is JG gonna figure out that since i OWN HIM, there is no need to respond to him"
-- tellitlikeheiwishesitwas, stumbling into a new way to handle being publicly called out for lying: a clumsy duck and weave with a dollop of self-delusion

"blah blah Okemo is awesome blah"
-- SkippyShill, in an accidental moment of misplaced clarity

"Go f*** yourself."
-- StreetSkippy, who be hatin' on tha haters
jambear
Green Skidder

Post by jambear »

That right there is totally awesome!!!!

I wish i knew that was going on i would have bailed on Sunday River for that!!
Totally cool that the local resteraunts and the pickle were in on hosting and giving out prizes!!

Hey Chris Nyberg......Up yours douche nozzle!! :barebutt: :banana:
The sensual caress of waist deep cold smoke.... glory in skiing virgin snow, in being the first to mark the powder with the signature of their run. ~Tim Cahill
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Wow, nice job. Now lets see what happens when/if the other shoe drops.
Cogito, ergo sum

Sometimes it is that simple.

ImageImage
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

And Z was in a gorilla suit -

The yosh went till 130 -

Way better that it was an 'unorganized' event - just folks having a good time -

Good lesson for management.......Make the snow and they will come.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

From the U bar:

There were other celebrities on the hill that day:

SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

my thought as to why Nyberg had a scowl on his face, was that he was wondering how his staff could have screwed up so much as to miss out on this marketing opportunity to not host this event. Maybe someone will get fired.
Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

SkiDork wrote:my thought as to why Nyberg had a scowl on his face, was that he was wondering how his staff could have screwed up so much as to miss out on this marketing opportunity to not host this event. Maybe someone will get fired.
huh? wasn't the reason this event was held was because k killed the bmmc. maybe nyberg should fire himself ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Even got Evan Dybvig to come out? Pretty cool! :Toast
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

Bravo
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...