Killington 2013-2014 Season Pass Pricing

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Geoff
Whipping Post

Re: Killington 2013-2014 Season Pass Pricing

Post by Geoff »

Next question:

A 20% day ticket discount for having a season pass at a sister resort isn't particularly competitive. Are there any plans in the works for an All Resort season pass?

When ASC owned Killington, they had a "Ski America" season pass product at a modest markup that worked at all the resorts. A Copper season pass is $369 (early purchase). A Park City season pass is $725 (early purchase). A Killington pass costs far more than those. Right now, I have zero incentive to ever go to Copper or Park City and I routinely drive right by them to go to the competition.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Geoff wrote:Next question:

A 20% day ticket discount for having a season pass at a sister resort isn't particularly competitive. Are there any plans in the works for an All Resort season pass?

When ASC owned Killington, they had a "Ski America" season pass product at a modest markup that worked at all the resorts. A Copper season pass is $369 (early purchase). A Park City season pass is $725 (early purchase). A Killington pass costs far more than those. Right now, I have zero incentive to ever go to Copper or Park City and I routinely drive right by them to go to the competition.
Would be nice to get more than 20% off at PC or Copper. I can find similar and better deals on my own online and locally...
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

RENO wrote:
Geoff wrote:Next question:

Would be nice to get more than 20% off at PC or Copper. I can find similar and better deals on my own online and locally...
I would spend vacation money at Copper and Park City if the benefits were better. Typically I purchase discount tix at local ski shops in CO and UT for similar or better discounts. The 20% discount with your pass, isn't different from what is available to every passer by. A comp ticket or two, or a deeper discount would get my attention.
ImageImageImageImage
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Response from Rob Megnin on discounts at other Powdr owned hills:

We have created the License to Ride program for free reciprocity for kids up to age 17. There is a standing 20% in place now, as you know. See earlier post. There are no plans at the moment to go any further than that. We are starting with Kids. Certainly this does not close the door on anything more, but for now this is the extent of the program.

ROB MEGNIN

Killington Resort | Pico Mountain

Director of Sales, Marketing & Reservations
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

They really are missing the boat here. Myself and a few others are heading to CO this week. We most likely would have gone to Copper if there was an incentive to do so, but 20% off is not it. Instead we are spending our money at Vail. Of course having a friends place to stay at played a part in that decision, but even before that opporotunity presented itself we were heading to Keystone rather than a POWDR resort
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

BoozeTan wrote:They really are missing the boat here. Myself and a few others are heading to CO this week. We most likely would have gone to Copper if there was an incentive to do so, but 20% off is not it. Instead we are spending our money at Vail. Of course having a friends place to stay at played a part in that decision, but even before that opporotunity presented itself we were heading to Keystone rather than a POWDR resort

Good point. My comments here are not asking POWDR to change policy, they are only to point out, that with deeper discounts, they could have my vacation money too...
ImageImageImageImage
OlympiaGirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by OlympiaGirl »

I'm sorry if this has been asked before - but for the adult season pass payment plan - what are the due dates for payment?
All you've got to do is go that way, really really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
bearpaws
Beginner On Rentals

Post by bearpaws »

I wonder if the great pricing on the unlimited millennial pass means that Killington won't be selling those non-black-out vouchers through the ski clubs in ny/ct/nj/ma.

Kinda like how the spring pass replaced the spring use benefit on next year's passes and the offer to accept k58's on the price of the spring pass may decrease the size of the market for k58's in the parking lots late season.
Skivt2
Bumper

Post by Skivt2 »

I was looking at the web and I don't see any information about the payment plan due dates. Trying budget and decide whether to pay in full 6/13 or stretch it out. Does anyone know what the deal is with the payment plan??
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

OlympiaGirl wrote:I'm sorry if this has been asked before - but for the adult season pass payment plan - what are the due dates for payment?
Not that I've ever used it but in the past they have told you the dates your account would be charged. This year that information is missing from their website. Good question.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

From Rob Megnin

Answer to recurring question:

Straight from our web site:

Summer Payment Plan

The Summer Payment Plan is available for all passes purchased by June 13, 2013. For just 1.5% of the pass cost, we'll split your payments into three installments, charging 1/3 at time of purchase, 1/3 automatically on August 1, 2013 and the remaining balance automatically on October 1, 2013.

R

ROB MEGNIN

"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Bubba wrote:From Rob Megnin

Answer to recurring question:

Straight from our web site:

Summer Payment Plan

The Summer Payment Plan is available for all passes purchased by June 13, 2013. For just 1.5% of the pass cost, we'll split your payments into three installments, charging 1/3 at time of purchase, 1/3 automatically on August 1, 2013 and the remaining balance automatically on October 1, 2013.

R

ROB MEGNIN

I see they've added it to the website today. It wasn't there before.
Geoff
Whipping Post

Post by Geoff »

BoozeTan wrote:They really are missing the boat here. Myself and a few others are heading to CO this week. We most likely would have gone to Copper if there was an incentive to do so, but 20% off is not it. Instead we are spending our money at Vail. Of course having a friends place to stay at played a part in that decision, but even before that opporotunity presented itself we were heading to Keystone rather than a POWDR resort
Yep. ...and when Killington pass holders travel, they often travel with non-Killington people. If I find myself on I-70 with a carload of people, you're not going to hear "Let's go to Copper today" out of my mouth. Even though a Copper season pass is stupid-cheap, anybody going to that part of Colorado is going to buy one of the Vail pass products. The Epic Local Pass with 10 days at Vail/BC doesn't cost much more. 20%-off at Copper is kind of insulting, if you ask me.
OlympiaGirl
Blue Chatterbox

Post by OlympiaGirl »

Has anyone ever done the payment plan? Can I, for example, pay 700 now and the last 300 or so in October? Or do I have to follow their payment plan?
All you've got to do is go that way, really really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

OlympiaGirl wrote:Has anyone ever done the payment plan? Can I, for example, pay 700 now and the last 300 or so in October? Or do I have to follow their payment plan?
I've done the payment plan several times, but followed the set plan. I would imagine if you called the season pass office they would work something out for you, but not sure why you would do it this way instead of the 3 pay method?