Killington 2013-2014 Season Pass Pricing

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RENO
Whipping Post

Re: Killington 2013-2014 Season Pass Pricing

Post by RENO »

RENO wrote:Looks like a 1.5% surcharge for the payment plan for each pass. Don't remember that from last season? Gotta check my records and see...
Confirmed that there was a 1.5% fee last season also...
VTbound
Blue Chatterbox

Post by VTbound »

I don't see the ski school discount listed. I hope this is still included. It was 30% this year with an unlimited pass.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

Midweek pass is the same early season price.
mlkrgr
Beginner On Rentals

Post by mlkrgr »

rogman wrote:Access Road is going to love the Millennial Pass; it should bring back the 20 something crowd! Why would they ski anywhere else?
Well, Sugarbush and Stratton are both $300. For ticket deals I get, I'd need to get up 20 days to the Beast to make it worth it if I'd pay $600; a bit tough to do but I guess the good news is that Killington is a bit more accessible by bus from the Boston market.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Rob Megnin took time this afternoon to answer as many questions in this thread as he could.

1. At what price point are the unlimited and blackout passes frozen at? The current "full" price or last year's early purchase price? Last year’s early rates are the same.

2. Will each pass, blackout or unlimited, come with one anytime, free ticket, in addition to the floaters? No they will not. Any renewal pass from this year to next year will come with Beast Bucks. $50 for Blackouts, and $100 for unlimited.

3. Will college passes be offered again in 2013-14? Yes, same pricing as last year, depending on where and when you by.

4. Will 2013-14 early renewals grant summer benefits for mountain biking/lift access again this summer? Once paid in full valid for K-1 Gondola and Mountain Biking.

5. What about Midweek Passes? They were not mentioned. Will the early purchase discount be the same as last year? Pricing on mid-week remains the same, no change and no renewal benefits.

6. Will there be more money to make more snow on more trails early season? And more money for more ski patrol early season? Get the Canyon turning by middle Nov? We anticipate to be as aggressive as possible as we can early season. The only constraint this year was weather. We were as aggressive as ever this year with snowmaking – remember, we opened October 13th.

7. Anybody have the blackout pass pricing? Look for release of all detail this week, but early cut off for early pricing is June 13th, and Blackout Pass will be: $729 with a renewal bonus of $50.

8. Hopefully the Beast Bucks will be good for those that go with the payment plan also? No, Beast Buck are only good for those that pay in full by the June 13th date.

9. There is a reciprocity arrangement for youth passes for next year across the enterprise with some minor exclusions. For those 18 and over the 20% off on lift tix if you have a season pass from Killington is good to other resorts in the enterprise. Powdr Resorts and Woodward are supporting the youth by hooking up all 2013-14 season pass holders (aged 17 and under*) with a License 2 Ride. So how do you get yours? It’s easy. Purchase a season pass to Killington and get your License 2 Ride for free at Boreal Mountain Resort in California, Copper Mountain Resort in Colorado, Mt Bachelor Resort in Oregon, Park City Mountain Resort in Utah and Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard Resort in Nevada. Plus, save $200 on a week at Woodward Camp if you are a 2012-2013 season pass holder or purchase your 2013-14 season pass before May 1, 2013 (*18 and under at Killington, Mt Bachelor and Las Vegas Ski and Snowboard resorts). The date of May 1st is because camps at Woodward are into high season when our pass program terms (June 13th), so please make a note that if your child is interested in this program the purchase and full payment needs to occur on or before this date.

10. Looks like a 1.5% surcharge for the payment plan for each pass. Don't remember that from last season? Yes we installed a surcharge for payment plan three years ago and it’s been at 1.5% for two seasons now.

11. I don't see the ski school discount listed. I hope this is still included? 30% for group lessons and 15% for privates.

ROB MEGNIN
Killington Resort | Pico Mountain
Director of Sales, Marketing & Reservations
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Bubba wrote:Rob Megnin took time this afternoon to answer as many questions in this thread as he could.
No surprises there and great to see the clarifications.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

That sucks that the beast bucks are not included with the payment plan. The website does not say that. It just says anybody renewing their pass by June 13th. If I renew my Blackout pass by June 13th on the payment plan, it's the same thing so it should still be included. I'm still locked in for the full price + 1.5%...
Ski_the_Moguls
Poster Child Poster

Post by Ski_the_Moguls »

RENO wrote:That sucks that the beast bucks are not included with the payment plan. The website does not say that. It just says anybody renewing their pass by June 13th. If I renew my Blackout pass by June 13th on the payment plan, it's the same thing so it should still be included. I'm still locked in for the full price + 1.5%...
It is understandable. As a seasonal business they need to get the money in as early as possible. It is all about cash flow. Best you can do is just pay in full, save the 1.5%, and take advantage of the Beast Bucks. K probably needs the money more than you at this time of year.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
RENO wrote:That sucks that the beast bucks are not included with the payment plan. The website does not say that. It just says anybody renewing their pass by June 13th. If I renew my Blackout pass by June 13th on the payment plan, it's the same thing so it should still be included. I'm still locked in for the full price + 1.5%...
It is understandable. As a seasonal business they need to get the money in as early as possible. It is all about cash flow. Best you can do is just pay in full, save the 1.5%, and take advantage of the Beast Bucks. K probably needs the money more than you at this time of year.
:?:

I want my fifty dollars!

Ski_the_Moguls
Poster Child Poster

Post by Ski_the_Moguls »

RENO wrote:
Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
:?:

I want my fifty dollars!
When I wrote "this time of year" I meant June. The only proof I can offer is that they would not structure the deal this way if they did not really, really want your money that much sooner.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

They do have a peak lodge construction project to fund.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

4. Will 2013-14 early renewals grant summer benefits for mountain biking/lift access again this summer? Once paid in full valid for K-1 Gondola and Mountain Biking.

does this apply to blackout passes as well or just unrestricted passes?
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

BoozeTan wrote:4. Will 2013-14 early renewals grant summer benefits for mountain biking/lift access again this summer? Once paid in full valid for K-1 Gondola and Mountain Biking.

That would be great if it did include the Blackout pass this season...
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

BoozeTan wrote:4. Will 2013-14 early renewals grant summer benefits for mountain biking/lift access again this summer? Once paid in full valid for K-1 Gondola and Mountain Biking.

Per Rob: "The benefit is only for Unlimited Season passes"
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

thats what I figured....booo to that