Killington 2013-2014 Season Pass Pricing

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: Killington 2013-2014 Season Pass Pricing

Post by skiadikt »

the early season pricing is valid for a longer period this season - til june 13. don't think they've run it that late the past few seasons.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

skiadikt wrote:the early season pricing is valid for a longer period this season - til june 13. don't think they've run it that late the past few seasons.
Makes sense if they are planning on staying open longer. :wink:
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

They're still missing the boat with discounts for pass holders at other Powdr resorts. I'll continue to buy my Epic Pass and drive right by Copper into Eagle County and fly to Tahoe as well.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

JJR wrote:What about Midweek Passes? They were not mentioned. Will the early purchase discount be the same as last year?
"We have frozen all pass prices for next year."
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Killington pass is good for 20% off...should be more though
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

For those season pass purchasers not renewing (i.e. new passholders), they should offer an early purchase benefit of a discounted Spring 2013 pass. Say, buy a 2013-14 pass now and for an extra $100 you get to ski the remainder of the Spring 2013 season... if paid in full of course.

I don't see why they wouldn't do this. They're already running the lifts, they've already made the snow... what's the extra expense of the add'l passholders? More visitors gives a greater potential for profits on food, drink and possibly even lodging. I don't think it would really cannibalize spring pass sales that much and even if it did, it gives them more money (full pass purchase) to work with for the summer and early season next year. And, it would build their customer base by committing more new people.

Why not?
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
SPORE
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by SPORE »

BoozeTan wrote:Killington pass is good for 20% off...should be more though
Which is why they're missing the boat.

In Colorado, they're competing with Vail Resorts. Epic Local pas gives me 10 days at Vail/Beaver Creek and then a blackout type pass at all the other Vail Resorts properties in Colorado and Tahoe.

In Utah, I can pick up discounted lift tickets in SLC that rivals the 20% off I would get at Park City and the resorts in LCC & BCC are better than PC area resorts.

POWDR gives me no reason to visit their other properties, until they do, my travel $$'s will go to Vail Resorts.
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

SPORE wrote:
BoozeTan wrote:Killington pass is good for 20% off...should be more though
Which is why they're missing the boat.

In Colorado, they're competing with Vail Resorts. Epic Local pas gives me 10 days at Vail/Beaver Creek and then a blackout type pass at all the other Vail Resorts properties in Colorado and Tahoe.

In Utah, I can pick up discounted lift tickets in SLC that rivals the 20% off I would get at Park City and the resorts in LCC & BCC are better than PC area resorts.

POWDR gives me no reason to visit their other properties, until they do, my travel $$'s will go to Vail Resorts.
And you can buy discount tickets at any ski shop or supermarket in Summit County for Copper for more than 20% off. I agree that Powdr is missing the boat to lock in vacation $ of its passholders.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

spanky wrote:For those season pass purchasers not renewing (i.e. new passholders), they should offer an early purchase benefit of a discounted Spring 2013 pass. Say, buy a 2013-14 pass now and for an extra $100 you get to ski the remainder of the Spring 2013 season... if paid in full of course.

I don't see why they wouldn't do this. They're already running the lifts, they've already made the snow... what's the extra expense of the add'l passholders? More visitors gives a greater potential for profits on food, drink and possibly even lodging. I don't think it would really cannibalize spring pass sales that much and even if it did, it gives them more money (full pass purchase) to work with for the summer and early season next year. And, it would build their customer base by committing more new people.

Why not?

They want to sell the $199 spring pass
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 30 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
boston_e
Postaholic

Post by boston_e »

Good stuff!

I am pretty sure that I will do Pico passes again for the whole family next year. It worked out great this past winter and the kids had a great experience.

Happy to say that Killington (in this years case Pico) is back to receiving 100% of our "skiing dollars"!

We did lessons for the kids a couple of times, bought lunch in the lodge about half of the days and also did apres ski at the last run lounge a few times.... have to say that this winter pretty much everything was a positive experience from this customers perspective.

Kudos to the mountain!
Don't Killington Pico
Ski-N-Sail
Wanted Poster

Post by Ski-N-Sail »

Maybe I am dense. I see they are offering a payment plan, but for the life of me cannot find out what it is. Based on the first payment amount, it looks like it is 3 or 4 payments, but I don't see the details on their website regarding it.
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Prices are official...

http://www.killington.com/winter/plan/t ... ngton_pass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Same prices as the early buy option last year - for the unlimited ($1049), blackout ($729) and child ($39). Can't speak for the other pass products as I don't have last year's prices.

Except the tubing season pass is $10 higher! :lol
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Looks like a 1.5% surcharge for the payment plan for each pass. Don't remember that from last season? Gotta check my records and see...
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

spanky wrote:Prices are official...

http://www.killington.com/winter/plan/t ... ngton_pass" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Same prices as the early buy option last year - for the unlimited ($1049), blackout ($729) and child ($39). Can't speak for the other pass products as I don't have last year's prices.

You sure that is the same price? We recall that the Blackout pass was a little less than the Senior pass by about $50, but the difference made Frau Sehr buy the Senior unlimited.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Dr. NO wrote:
spanky wrote:Prices are official...

You sure that is the same price? We recall that the Blackout pass was a little less than the Senior pass by about $50, but the difference made Frau Sehr buy the Senior unlimited.
Blackout was $729 last season early purchase. Unlimited Senior pass was $699.