Killington Resort joins the Kzone forum

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Killington Resort
The Beast

Killington Resort joins the Kzone forum

Post by Killington Resort »

KZONE –

We have decided that this year we would directly participate in the Kzone Forum in an effort to increase communication with many of our key resort guests (and to alleviate Art from having to be the middleman in the discussion). I want to make sure we set reasonable expectations of the group for our participation in this forum. A lot has changed in the past year and we appreciate the wide variety of perspectives that are expressed on the site. We enjoyed much of the debate back and forth on topics between different Kzone members and while we only commented on certain items, we read most of the posts.

We have decided that the following people will contribute to the site all as part of the “Killington Resort” login:

Mike Solimano – President
Jeff Temple – Director of Mountain Operations/Facilities Maintenance
Rob Megnin – Director of Marketing/ Sales/Reservations/Snow Sports

We will each post on the Killington account and will sign our names so participants can understand which of us wrote the posting.

Our main concern with re-joining the site is that there will be an expectation that we answer every question posted. This would be unrealistic for us (since we have a resort to run), and we actually think it is productive for the group to debate topics before we give our perspective. So, we will wait to post until we see a topic that we feel warrants a response.

Just because we don’t respond to a post does not mean we have not read the comments. I think most of you would agree that we implemented a lot of changes that were discussed on this forum last year so I think this proves we are listening.

All we ask is you be respectful in the discussions. We will be honest and open in our communication as I think we showed in last year’s communications. But with that said, we know you won’t always agree with our decisions so we just ask that you disagree in a professional manner so we can continue to be part of the forum.

We are looking forward to improving our communication with you all in the future. Thanks again for your passion for our resort.

Mike
MrsG
Whipping Post

Re: Killington Resort joins the Kzone forum

Post by MrsG »

Welcome Mike . . . and thanks for my 100 hat :cool
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

The greatness of the new Beast command continues.....
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Welcome to KZone Mike! :like
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

Awesome management team!
Welcome to Kzone!
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Great news. Welcome back.
Killington Resort wrote:
All we ask is you be respectful in the discussions.
Fair request. But let's get this out of the way; not likely. Kzone is like happy hour at the Lookout. There is zero moderation of what is said, and with that comes the occasional disrespectful remark, or taunting, or even a good natured jab. Anyone and everyone is in the room. React the way you would at the Lookout - ignore it, move on to another conversation, or move over 10 feet. Doesn't mean you won't ever go to the Lookout again. No one is diminished by a disrespectful comment except possibly the author. How would you handle yourself in the Lookout with a loud insulting complaining patron yelling at you with WCAX's cameras rolling for a segment for broadcast that evening? Keep that in mind, as well as wear a helmet, and we'll get along fine. Most of us will honor your request. If that doesn't work out, you can always go back to the heavily moderated special forum format that was tried previously.

Killington Resort wrote: We will be honest and open in our communication as I think we showed in last year’s communications. But with that said, we know you won’t always agree with our decisions so we just ask that you disagree in a professional manner so we can continue to be part of the forum.
Participating in a public forum as a commercial enterprise takes a special brand of diplomacy, tact, and restraint. Sometimes it will take work. Choose who and what you respond to, as you said. Just don't expect us to be adults. On the flip side, you have immediate access to the world's best focus group.

Think about a set of ground rules you'd like to live by, and have the moderators put that up as a sticky.

Oh, and we like photos. Never tip your hat, it will live forever. Posting from a phat phongered smart phone is risky.
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Welcome Mike and the rest of your team. Look forward to all the information you can provide us with.
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Welcome aboard!

The core of this group behaves and appreciates your continued interaction. However, as in any society, misfits and malcontents exist who excel at regurgitating targeted and inflammatory rhetoric. So please, when you post, KNOW THE CODE, and always wear a helmet.

1.) Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid controversial posts.
2.) Posters ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid duplicate threads.
3.) You must not post where you obstruct a topic, or where you are not transparent in your logic.
4.) Whenever starting a new post or merging into an existing post, keep your eyes wide open and look out for trolls.
5.) Always use CTRL ALT DEL to help prevent runaway threads.
6.) Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed topics and out of closed posts.
7.) Prior to posting anything, you must have the knowledge and ability to think, type, and communicate with your fingers.
ImageImageImageImage
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

:like Glad you guys are coming back and hope it can remain respectful.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
DJAK
Green Skidder

Post by DJAK »

Re-joins. 8)
Just the facts ma'am.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

:like :like

SYOTM !
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
Snowjob
Poster Child Poster

Post by Snowjob »

This is certainly refreshing news.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Welcome aboard !..... So let me be the first to ask , when will we see a lift over at Sunrise ? I'd be happy with a tow rope up the old line .
Last edited by Atomic1 on Sep 17th, '13, 14:16, edited 1 time in total.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

is this where we will be posting questions/comments or are tha admins going to set up an area for this?
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

BoozeTan wrote:is this where we will be posting questions/comments or are tha admins going to set up an area for this?
I think their intention is to participate just like anyone else here. Not necessarily in a separate subject area.