Killington Resort joins the Kzone forum

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Dickc
Postaholic

Re: Killington Resort joins the Kzone forum

Post by Dickc »

From what I have seen in the last year, there is going to be more upside to this than downside. I'm sure the Killington guys know all about Internet board bullies and how to handle/ignore as needed. The information they brought forth last year was VERY refreshing, and a more complete integration into this forum should only result in a greater upside.

Nice move gentlemen, may Killington regain the fame and reputation it has enjoyed in the past. Keep up the good work.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

tt431 wrote:
BoozeTan wrote:is this where we will be posting questions/comments or are tha admins going to set up an area for this?
I think their intention is to participate just like anyone else here. Not necessarily in a separate subject area.
Correct. I would not, however, bombard them with questions as they only have a limited amount of time and they're going to have to manage their participation.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

arent questions/comments just going to get lost in the mess of threads w/o there being a specific place to ask those questions?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

BoozeTan wrote:arent questions/comments just going to get lost in the mess of threads w/o there being a specific place to ask those questions?
I don't see this as the opportunity for a q+a session with K management, and I don't think that's what they are proposing. I see them posting notices and responding to topics as they choose, similar to what they did last season through Bubba. So ask your question to the board, let the debate begin, and if KR chooses to post in response, they will.
ImageImageImageImage
shortski
Site Admin

Post by shortski »

Bingo, by Jove I think he's got it.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

okay, that makes sense...
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Not sure I will like getting the straight answer to all our questions. More fun reading some of the SWAG that the Zoners come up with. On the other hand having a seat with the E-Team gives us a chance to be heard. Unedited feedback from a group of people that like to look at Powder as the caretaker of our treasure and not a profit minded business. Welcome to the Zone Killington Resort.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Stormchaser wrote:
BoozeTan wrote:arent questions/comments just going to get lost in the mess of threads w/o there being a specific place to ask those questions?
I don't see this as the opportunity for a q+a session with K management, and I don't think that's what they are proposing. I see them posting notices and responding to topics as they choose, similar to what they did last season through Bubba. So ask your question to the board, let the debate begin, and if KR chooses to post in response, they will.

Ding, ding, ding.......we have a winner!
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Ski_the_Moguls
Poster Child Poster

Post by Ski_the_Moguls »

Atomic1 wrote:Welcome aboard !..... So let me be the first to ask , when will we see a lift over at Sunrise ? I'd be happy with a tow rope up the old line .
I really hope K does not replace the Sunrise chair with a rope tow. Southridge on the other hand ... :mrgreen:
Skivt2
Bumper

Post by Skivt2 »

Thank you Mike!! I completely appreciate everything you have done since taking over. I meant to write you a note over the summer thanking you with specifics but the list of things I wanted to thank you for was so long that I never finished the letter. :like

This is another item to add to my ever growing list of things I am glad you have done. I still remember the Face book post on Friday afternoon 10/12 with you hiking up Rhime with your skis on your shoulder, guns blazing in the background with the Caption "who's ready to make turns". It was a great first impression. Thanks for continuing to live up to that awesome impression.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Note to Mike: Please, no rope tows! :dislike :lol:
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Welcome aboard !..... So let me be the first to ask , when will we see a lift over at Sunrise ? I'd be happy with a tow rope up the old line .
I really hope K does not replace the Sunrise chair with a rope tow. Southridge on the other hand ... :mrgreen:[/quote

South ridge , thanks ski-the-moguls....I. Would be happy with a TEMPORARY " rope tow set up. When we were kids back in the 60's , over in New Hampshire the local farmer would hook up his tractor to a rope tow pully and away we would go. The hill was about 100 yards long ! Back in the day's on invention and ingenuity !
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Atomic1 wrote:
Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
I really hope K does not replace the Sunrise chair with a rope tow. Southridge on the other hand ... :mrgreen:[/quote

South ridge , thanks ski-the-moguls....I. Would be happy with a TEMPORARY " rope tow set up. When we were kids back in the 60's , over in New Hampshire the local farmer would hook up his tractor to a rope tow pully and away we would go. The hill was about 100 yards long ! Back in the day's on invention and ingenuity !
Now we have electricity, flushing toilets and lifts! :P
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Management is not likely going to reply to a myriad of wish list requests posted here.
That, as Bubba points out, is not the primary reason they participate in this forum.
As they've shown last year, they're happy to communicate on subjects where their input is needed to quell the hyperbole.
That's all any of us could reasonably expect from a team that has demonstrated that they understand the power of social media.

Mike, his team and, lest we forget, the great Weather last season contributed to the Phoenix rising again.
Follow the Almanac's lead ...Think Snow !

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Powderputz
Bumper

Post by Powderputz »

My two cents:
  • Be nice
  • Stay on point.
Thank you.

PS: If Zoners and Killington Management Team ("KMT") work cooperatively and civilly, ...obviously KMT has their P&L objectives...I think good stuff will result.