Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

RedRider
Postaholic

Re: Killington Resort joins the Kzone forum

Post by RedRider »

Greetings and salutations!
Go that way, really fast.
If something gets in your way, turn.

Shortski is the Supreme Master of the Universe!!
Ragged#1
Bumper

Post by Ragged#1 »

Welcome Killington!
So about that south ridge chair.....
SAVE SOUTHRIDGE!
colchskier81
Beginner On Rentals

Post by colchskier81 »

Hoping for Steve wright-esq responses like those from Jay's Facebook page!
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

colchskier81 wrote:Hoping for Steve wright-esq responses like those from Jay's Facebook page!
There is only one Steve. Thankfully, we now have Mike and Chandler.
Ragged#1
Bumper

Post by Ragged#1 »

Hello Killington,
Just wondering if we could get an update on your plans for the south ridge chair.
thanks
-Don
SAVE SOUTHRIDGE!
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Recently K has been pushing the Green thing ang all.

Yet while at the Umbrella Bar the last few weeks I saw that the bartenders just throw both bottles and cans into the regular trash.

Of course all this ends up in the landfill and not only is that a waste, no one gets the deposit back.

Wonder why this is as even our condo has had separate dumpsters for recyclables for some time now.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

SnoBrdr wrote:Recently K has been pushing the Green thing ang all.

Yet while at the Umbrella Bar the last few weeks I saw that the bartenders just throw both bottles and cans into the regular trash.

Of course all this ends up in the landfill and not only is that a waste, no one gets the deposit back.

Wonder why this is as even our condo has had separate dumpsters for recyclables for some time now.
Cabella's zero separation recycle method. You dump the trash, they separate it. Even in the lodges, they ask you to put dirty items and food in one barrel and all others in recycle, but they will sort again at the transfer stations.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Dr. NO wrote:

Cabella's zero separation recycle method. You dump the trash, they separate it. Even in the lodges, they ask you to put dirty items and food in one barrel and all others in recycle, but they will sort again at the transfer stations.
Yes I know but was wondering why K doesn't do it.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dr. NO wrote:

Written in true Dr. NO fashion. Cabellas? Cabela's sells hunting and fishing gear. Casella hauls garbage. :ani_smiles:
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

THE HORROR!
Attachments
apocalypse_now-10418.jpg
apocalypse_now-10418.jpg (6.85 KiB) Viewed 15252 times
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Could be the zero sort trash can, so it will be recycled. Does the resort or any restaurant/bar have to pay the nickel deposit also?
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 30 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Big Bob wrote:Could be the zero sort trash can, so it will be recycled. Does the resort or any restaurant/bar have to pay the nickel deposit also?
I'm sure they do for at least the liquor and wine as they have to buy those from a store.

I'd think for beer it would be added to what they pay to the distributor.
ifreborn
Beginner On Rentals

Post by ifreborn »

Killington Resort, how about a snowfall stake with lights and a webcam pointed at it. That would be a nice addition to the webpage.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

ifreborn wrote:Killington Resort, how about a snowfall stake with lights and a webcam pointed at it. That would be a nice addition to the webpage.
Until ASC was created, there were 3 posts that I remember. One was on top of Bear Mtn, by the 1st aid shack and 2 on Superstar, one on top and one down by High Road. Management decided it was unnecessary and could hurt during bad snow years, or some made up BS story.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Dr. NO wrote:
ifreborn wrote:Killington Resort, how about a snowfall stake with lights and a webcam pointed at it. That would be a nice addition to the webpage.
Until ASC was created, there were 3 posts that I remember. One was on top of Bear Mtn, by the 1st aid shack and 2 on Superstar, one on top and one down by High Road. Management decided it was unnecessary and could hurt during bad snow years, or some made up BS story.
This years tally at 3" is nothing to brag about! Hopefully things will change soon, but I think we will be thankful for snowmaking at least till mid January when Mother Nature finally does her part.. Sunday River said they will have 300 guns lit tonight.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 30 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22