Killington Resort joins the Kzone forum

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: Killington Resort joins the Kzone forum

Post by Mister Moose »

brownman wrote: Mike, his team and, lest we forget, the great Weather last season contributed to the Phoenix rising again.
Not a great powder year. (with an 'e') Average # r*in/freeze events. Super fantabulous spring, combination of cool temps and decent late season base led to Ovation headwall on May 1st. Thankfully it was lift served. Gloomy closing weekend. This year's weather will be different, we just don't know how yet.

Now back to the regularly scheduled wish listing.....
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

Welcome to K Zone Mike and the rest of the team. I promise I will be nice.
Let me ask a tough question, is the Peak lodge still on schedule to open late December?
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 30 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4, 3/20, 3/25
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8, 3/22
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

RENO wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:
Ski_the_Moguls wrote:
Atomic1 wrote:Welcome aboard !..... So let me be the first to ask , when will we see a lift over at Sunrise ? I'd be happy with a tow rope up the old line .
I really hope K does not replace the Sunrise chair with a rope tow. Southridge on the other hand ... :mrgreen:[/quote

South ridge , thanks ski-the-moguls....I. Would be happy with a TEMPORARY " rope tow set up. When we were kids back in the 60's , over in New Hampshire the local farmer would hook up his tractor to a rope tow pully and away we would go. The hill was about 100 yards long ! Back in the day's on invention and ingenuity !
Now we have electricity, flushing toilets and lifts! :P
And Snowboarders , but really how cool would a rope tow for experts only be ! Check this out >> http://www.roundhill.co.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

on a serious note, when can we expect to get rid of lifts entirely and move to transporter strips to get to the top of a run?
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

BoozeTan wrote:on a serious note, when can we expect to get rid of lifts entirely and move to transporter strips to get to the top of a run?

Energize
ImageImageImageImage
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

BoozeTan wrote:on a serious note, when can we expect to get rid of lifts entirely and move to transporter strips to get to the top of a run?
When the Yankees sign all the Red Sox free Agents and learn how to win again , that's when ! So Whats the problem? You could ride SWITCH up a rope tow ! Just think : ..The Jug, Jug handle , Breakaway and Roundabout PLUS the SouthRidge secret stashes on a rope tow .......... Only the hard core dare venture over..... let the ' POSERS' stay in the Gondola line !

A rope tow would be less than 1/2 the cost of a lift !

OR we could just put in our own transporter ! >>>>>>>>> http://www.gizmag.com/diy-winch-takes-d ... ing/18088/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ya know Boozy you just might be on to something......... http://www.gizmag.com/skizee-pushes-ski ... now/17649/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

you sure do have a big mouth when the Sox are doing well yet virtual silence last year when the team laid down....but back on topic.

What do we want? TRANSPORTERS
When do we want them? NOW

:lol:
SkiDork
Site Admin

Post by SkiDork »

Wait Till Next Year!!! Image

Iceman 10/11 Season

ImageImageImage
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Atomic1 wrote:
When the Yankees sign all the Red Sox free Agents and learn how to win again , that's when ! So Whats the problem? You could ride SWITCH up a rope tow ! Just think : ..The Jug, Jug handle , Breakaway and Roundabout PLUS the SouthRidge secret stashes on a rope tow .......... Only the hard core dare venture over..... let the ' POSERS' stay in the Gondola line !

A rope tow would be less than 1/2 the cost of a lift !

OR we could just put in our own transporter ! >>>>>>>>> http://www.gizmag.com/diy-winch-takes-d ... ing/18088/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ya know Boozy you just might be on to something......... http://www.gizmag.com/skizee-pushes-ski ... now/17649/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

on a unrelated note as I'm stepping off the Helicopter I just finished inspecting, Kevin Nealon from SNL is standing there with his father getting a tour . His father used to work here when Kevin was a kid ! Small world !
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

cool....I like when we have to go to Sikorsky, been there a couple times when they rolled out a new heli...
its pretty cool to see that whole line and the helicopters in different stages of production
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

er ...'there's a mutli-leg-ged creature on your shoulder...'
Forever .. Goat Path
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

They aren't going to put in a rope tow on south ridge. :roll:
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
millerm277
Postaholic

Post by millerm277 »

Glad to see it, hope it goes well. Your information and input thus far in the Management Comments thread (if indirectly provided) have been greatly appreciated.
skiladi
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by skiladi »

Should be interesting. ; } Hope all you zoners had a great summer and I wish it would cool down now! Pray for snow. :Toast
Now , maybe I haven't skied Sugarbush enough to know the character well enough...HS 4/17/2007