Killington Resort joins the Kzone forum

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Re: Killington Resort joins the Kzone forum

Post by BoozeTan »

Now that WC is over, when will Superstar be open to the public?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

BoozeTan wrote:Now that WC is over, when will Superstar be open to the public?
Wasn't it said in another thread that it would take a week or two to de-tune it for regular use.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

its supposed to be in the 40s this week, just let people ski it and it will bump up.....no need to detune soft snow
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Wasn't it said in another thread that it would take a week or two to de-tune it for regular use.
YES, Jeff stated it would be groomed down several times and then blow a level of new surface to reduce the ice effect. Probably take several days to a week. With warm temps maybe less time but that could backfire by re-freezing the entire slope.

Workers stated Skyelark was pretty good when not skiing Superstar but with practice going on they preferred people, on Saturday, ride the chair down.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

Dr. NO wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:
YES, Jeff stated it would be groomed down several times and then blow a level of new surface to reduce the ice effect. Probably take several days to a week. With warm temps maybe less time but that could backfire by re-freezing the entire slope.

Workers stated Skyelark was pretty good when not skiing Superstar but with practice going on they preferred people, on Saturday, ride the chair down.

I saw groomers on Superstar today so they have started to work on it.
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Ice, thawing and re-freezing? Killington skiers can handle it................open it up by this weekend. It's not called the Beast of the East for nothing.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Ice, thawing and re-freezing? Killington skiers can handle it................open it up by this weekend. It's not called the Beast of the East for nothing.
This is last year's discussion. They plan to open Skye by this weekend.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
snoloco
Tree Psycho

Post by snoloco »

Curious what the schedule for the K1 upgrade is and how it's going to affect the summer lift schedule and early/late season skiing.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

snoloco wrote:Curious what the schedule for the K1 upgrade is and how it's going to affect the summer lift schedule and early/late season skiing.
the lift closed april 23 last season so don't see much of an impact there.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

This past Saturday, March 17, 2018 the Vale lot access Rd. Was blocked off with a sign stating $15 preferred parking. Is this going to be a permanent situation ? I could understand 1 area , but the entire lot as preferred parking is ridiculous bordering on greedy!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Atomic1 wrote:This past Saturday, March 17, 2018 the Vale lot access Rd. Was blocked off with a sign stating $15 preferred parking. Is this going to be a permanent situation ? I could understand 1 area , but the entire lot as preferred parking is ridiculous bordering on greedy!
I parked there early and there were no cones and no sign. Surprised to see both on my way out at 10:40.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Am I reading this correctly? Your saying the entire vale lot was pay to park?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

daytripper wrote:Am I reading this correctly? Your saying the entire vale lot was pay to park?
Nice $$$ grab if true and all under the table cash.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

8:00 a.m there was a white pick-up truck with the Killington logo on it blocking the right side of the road and cones across the road with a sign that read this lot is $15 preferred parking only. So I pulled up and lowered the window and asked and was told this entire lot is going to be $15 preferred parking today . I'm just wondering if this a permanent situation as the road blockage also prohibits cutting out the up and around to park at the Snowdon quad.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Atomic1 wrote:8:00 a.m there was a white pick-up truck with the Killington logo on it blocking the right side of the road and cones across the road with a sign that read this lot is $15 preferred parking only. So I pulled up and lowered the window and asked and was told this entire lot is going to be $15 preferred parking today . I'm just wondering if this a permanent situation as the road blockage also prohibits cutting out the up and around to park at the Snowdon quad.
Doubt they'd do it if there was only a few people.

Just a very bad look for K.

All the good feelings they have banked recently could all be lost on this.

Obviously the decision came from the top.