2013 - 2014 Total Snowfall Contest

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Bubba
Site Admin

2013 - 2014 Total Snowfall Contest

Post by Bubba »

It's time once again for the annual KillingtonZone Guess the Total Snowfall Contest and, as we have in most years, we are using the Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge as the target date. We also, hopefully, will have a long season of spring skiing and riding at which to enjoy the beer entries. In fact, with the target closing being in June, we will need a lot of entries to make it through Spring.

The rules are simple. Just guess the official Killington Resort season to date snowfall as of the Saturday morning of Mogul Challenge weekend, which falls this year on Saturday April 5, 2014. The guess that is closest to the actual, whether above or below the actual amount, is the winner. Each entrant must donate one case of quality beer in order to qualify. (Note to the newbies - Budweiser, Rolling Rock, Miller, PBR, etc. are NOT considered quality beers.) The beer will be stored at my house for safe keeping. Half of the beer will go to the winner with the other half going to all the Bay 1 BBQs held in the warmer spring weather. Mother Nature is our friend so we expect a lot of weekends in which to complete consumption of the entries. I will begin accepting deliveries as of February 15.

Entries will be accepted until 2359 hours EST on Christmas eve, December 24, 2012. Please post your guess in total inches along with the beer you will donate to the cause.

Amendments to the rules, developed over the past number of years.

Amendment 1: A tie can occur if two or more people choose the same total or two or more people are equi-distant from the actual snowfall. In the case of ties, the winners will equally divide the winning half with the other half still going to the Bay 1 festivities.

Amendment 2: Entries from those under legal drinking age are acceptable if, and only if, their beer entry is delivered by a person of legal age and, if the entrant is a winner, the winnings must be picked up by a parent or legal guardian.

Amendment 3: If Killington closes early and, as a result, there is plenty of beer left over, there will be one heck of a party on Memorial Day Weekend!

Amendment 4: Changes to entries will be accepted up to the entry deadline date and time

Let the games begin!

EDIT: The deadline should obviously be 2013, not 2012. Sorry for the error.
[td=1,][b]Zoner[/b][/td][td=1,][b]Snowfall[/b][/td][td=1,][b]Beer[/b][/td][td=1,][b]Delivered[/b][/td][td=1,]Mister Moose[/td][td=1,]1 rod[/td][td=1,]half case of Baxter Shipwreck IPA, half case of Harpoon White UFO[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Stormchaser[/td][td=1,]199.5[/td][td=1,]Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin'[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Finn[/td][td=1,]213[/td][td=1,]Toast inches long trail/sam adams combo[/td][td=1,]Y[/td][td=1,]Big Bob[/td][td=1,]216.5[/td][td=1,]LONG Trail product[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]RustyK[/td][td=1,]218[/td][td=1,]Middle Ages Double Wench[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]MrsG[/td][td=1,]220[/td][td=1,]a good one on sale[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Guy in Shorts[/td][td=1,]222[/td][td=1,]Magic Hat[/td][td=1,]Y[/td][td=1,]MrG[/td][td=1,]228[/td][td=1,]a good one on sale[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Dickc[/td][td=1,]233[/td][td=1,]IPA, either shipyard or Long Trail.[/td][td=1,]Y[/td][td=1,]shortski[/td][td=1,]234.4[/td][td=1,]Long Trail products[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]daytripper[/td][td=1,]241[/td][td=1,]Blue Point Toasted Lager[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Bubba[/td][td=1,]242[/td][td=1,]Sam Adams or Bass Ale[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]Dr. NO[/td][td=1,]245[/td][td=1,]Becks Dark or BASS Ale.[/td][td=1,]Y[/td][td=1,]Skibumtress[/td][td=1,]262[/td][td=1,]Blue Moon[/td][td=1,][/td][td=1,]tyrolean_skier[/td][td=1,]300[/td][td=1,]Spaten or Long Trail.[/td][td=1,]Y[/td]
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dickc
Postaholic

Re: 2013 - 2014 Total Snowfall Contest

Post by Dickc »

233 inches. Beer will be an IPA, either shipyard or Long Trail.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

245 inches with either Becks Dark or BASS Ale.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

My guess will be 300 (I am being optimistic that the season will be very snowy and long). I will probably deliver either Spaten or Long Trail.
Big Bob
Postinator

Post by Big Bob »

216.5", being realistic. Some kinda of LONG Trail product
Last edited by Big Bob on Nov 12th, '13, 19:18, edited 1 time in total.
2 hours and 10-minute drive to K
2023/2024 Ski Days: 27 days for the season
Killington: 12/14, 1/4, 1/9, 1/11, 1/17, 1/23, 1/31, 2/5, 2/20, 2/26, 3/4
Loon: 11/29, 12/8, 12/21, 1/8, 1/19, 1/22,1/30, 2/7, 2/15, 3/1, 3/8
Sunday River: 3/12
Sugarloaf: 3/13, 3/14
Cannon:1/15, 2/22
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

241" with a case of Blue Point Toasted Lager
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Due to the database issues we had over the weekend, I suggest you review this thread to make sure your entry was not inadvertently lost.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
spanky
Site Admin

Post by spanky »

Bubba wrote:Due to the database issues we had over the weekend, I suggest you review this thread to make sure your entry was not inadvertently lost.
Based on the screenshot before the DB restore, it appears there were no posts that were wiped out in this thread...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=37711" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Daytripper had the last post on Saturday afternoon.
Never argue with idiots. They will bring you down to their level, then overwhelm you with their experience.

"I have noticed that when you post, you often say more about yourself than the topic you chose to speak about." -The Suit
Finn
Postaholic

Post by Finn »

225 :Toast inches long trail and a sam adams combo
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

This year, I have to go back with the number that yielded me three wins in the past...

218 INCHES

My entry:

Middle Ages Double Wench: Middle Ages is a bit more, shall we say, pneumatic.

Where is Happy Hour ?
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

242"

Sam Adams or Bass Ale

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Bubba wrote:It's time once again for the annual KillingtonZone Guess the Total Snowfall Contest and, as we have in most years, we are using the Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge as the target date. We also, hopefully, will have a long season of spring skiing and riding at which to enjoy the beer entries. In fact, with the target closing being in June, we will need a lot of entries to make it through Spring.

The rules are simple. Just guess the official Killington Resort season to date snowfall as of the Saturday morning of Mogul Challenge weekend, which falls this year on Saturday April 5, 2014. The guess that is closest to the actual, whether above or below the actual amount, is the winner. Each entrant must donate one case of quality beer in order to qualify. (Note to the newbies - Budweiser, Rolling Rock, Miller, PBR, etc. are NOT considered quality beers.) The beer will be stored at my house for safe keeping. Half of the beer will go to the winner with the other half going to all the Bay 1 BBQs held in the warmer spring weather. Mother Nature is our friend so we expect a lot of weekends in which to complete consumption of the entries. I will begin accepting deliveries as of February 15.

Entries will be accepted until 2359 hours EST on Christmas eve, December 24, 2012. Please post your guess in total inches along with the beer you will donate to the cause.

Amendment 1: A tie can occur if two or more people choose the same total or two or more people are equi-distant from the actual snowfall. In the case of ties, the winners will equally divide the winning half with the other half still going to the Bay 1 festivities.

Amendment 2: Entries from those under legal drinking age are acceptable if, and only if, their beer entry is delivered by a person of legal age and, if the entrant is a winner, the winnings must be picked up by a parent or legal guardian.

Amendment 3: If Killington closes early and, as a result, there is plenty of beer left over, there will be one heck of a party on Memorial Day Weekend!

Amendment 4: Changes to entries will be accepted up to the entry deadline date and time

Let the games begin!
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

199.5"

Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Sumpin'
ImageImageImageImage
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

madhatter wrote:
Bubba wrote:It's time once again for the annual KillingtonZone Guess the Total Snowfall Contest and, as we have in most years, we are using the Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge as the target date. We also, hopefully, will have a long season of spring skiing and riding at which to enjoy the beer entries. In fact, with the target closing being in June, we will need a lot of entries to make it through Spring.

Let the games begin!
Thanks. I'm surprised nobody noticed that before...including me.

Killington Zone
but you can never leave

F. Scott Fitzgerald

Skibumtress
Whipping Post

Post by Skibumtress »

262"

Blue Moon