Re: Science Rant, Not politics: Can CO2 cause "Climate Chang

Post by Coydog »

Another group of concerned non-climate scientists expressing their views:

The World's Astronauts Give A Stirring Message To Climate Conference Delegates
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

zero chance of any kind of climate legislation any time soon...well perhaps .04% of a chance which apparently to you leftists is significant...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Official exit of the Paris climate deal won't happen until 11/4/2020, one day after the next presidential election. Any future administration could rejoin. In the meantime, plenty of climate legislation will happen on the state level. And the private sector will continue to transition to renewables and natural gas.

We don't elect kings in this country - yet.
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Post by Sgt Eddy Brewers »

Coydog wrote:Image

Notice the relentless rise in temperatures from 1950 onward. So I guess one could naively claim a "global cooling trend from 1940 to 1980", but it is far more accurate to say temperatures increased during the 1940's, then decreased back to the decadal trend in the 1950's and have been rising every decade since.
Even in the truly corrupted NASA data shown you can also

"Notice the relentless rise in temperatures from 1900 to 1950???"

all that relentless temperature rise from NATURAL CAUSES!!

No significant rise in CO2 at that point. And yet the temperatures rose anyway??? Could it have been caused by the same NATURAL fluctuations which melted the massive Laurentide Ice Sheets which covered Killington not so very long ago??

Nobody knows.

Any nobody SANE actually claims to be certain what caused that spectacular freezing and thawing.

And yet you are sure that this mild modern warming is so dramatic that you are CERTAIN that only the magic of 400 parts per MILLION CO2 could cause it.

Remember you just were linked a paper that claimed the warming during the Younger Dryas event was MORE dramatic?

AH WELL... you seem immune to evidence which disrupts your consensus narrative.

As for "your" astronauts...

never said astronauts mock NASA climate science....the fact that 49 of them DO MOCK the NASA climate narrative destroys YOUR claim that only the kind of hillbilly that doubts the moon landing could doubt NASA climate science.

Your argument is ALWAYS an argument from authority.

You really believe that "science" is whatever the most popular priests (you call them scientists but they are not) say it is and all the doubters should shut up.

Any data that contradicts what your priests have claimed... must be diminished or if need be destroyed.

NASA data tampering:
6a010536b58035970c01a73d786a4d970d-450wi (1).png
6a010536b58035970c01a73d786a4d970d-450wi (1).png (239.98 KiB) Viewed 612 times
Last edited by Sgt Eddy Brewers on Jan 23rd, '18, 17:51, edited 2 times in total.
Ski the edges!
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

For ANY potential "neutrals" on this thread....Look into Tony Heller on YouTube. He seems eminently qualified and apolitical. He is a certified tree-hugger that loves the planet but when he looked into climate "science" he was horrified by what he saw:
NOAA/NASA - Destroying Science By Data Tampering
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T86IIKK9FRg&t=408s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In this video, I show how NOAA/NASA data tampering leads scientists away from accurate conclusions, and into incorrect conclusions. Their data tampering is quite literally destroying science.

Watch a little. Then make the call.

If you need "peer-reviewed" literature the BEST site is
NoTricksZone
http://notrickszone.com/#sthash.iFS3Unqk.dpbs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Headlines everyday...LOTS of "peer-reviewed" papers that conflict with consensus narrative Today's headlines:
3 New (2018) Papers Link Modern Warming And Past Cooling Periods To High, Low Solar Activity

money quote:
The 20th century did not show unprecedented warmth over the last 800 years.

Read the papers collected at this site and then tell me if "the science is settled?"
Ski the edges!
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:For ANY potential "neutrals" on this thread....Look into Tony Heller on YouTube. He seems eminently qualified and apolitical. He is a certified tree-hugger that loves the planet but when he looked into climate "science" he was horrified by what he saw:
NOAA/NASA - Destroying Science By Data Tampering
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T86IIKK9FRg&t=408s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In this video, I show how NOAA/NASA data tampering leads scientists away from accurate conclusions, and into incorrect conclusions. Their data tampering is quite literally destroying science.

Watch a little. Then make the call.

If you need "peer-reviewed" literature the BEST site is
NoTricksZone
http://notrickszone.com/#sthash.iFS3Unqk.dpbs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Headlines everyday...LOTS of "peer-reviewed" papers that conflict with consensus narrative Today's headlines:
3 New (2018) Papers Link Modern Warming And Past Cooling Periods To High, Low Solar Activity

money quote:
The 20th century did not show unprecedented warmth over the last 800 years.

Read the papers collected at this site and then tell me if "the science is settled?"
Have you even read these papers? One of them uses reconstructed historic temperatures for a small region in Europe and speculates about global temperatures. Another states that climate in a particular mountainous region in China has not been tracking the global trend. Still more theorize the temperature at one specific location was hotter thousands of years ago than today.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

There is cyclical natural variability in the climate system. The dramatic rise (i.e. the rate of change) in global temperatures particularly since 1970 is what is alarming and unprecedented. The cumulative levels of CO2 we emit into the climate system over such a short time interval is leading to a state that is exceeding the limits of natural variability.

That's about as simple as I can make it. The data, every dataset out there, shows this trend.

But you are entitled to believe what you want. There's nothing you or I can do to change the facts. I'll just wait patiently to collect on our bet at the end of 2019.

Coydog out.

Before I go, here's what that evil adjusted data really looks like:

rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Well done, Coydog.

SEB continues to rely on the idea that there is a grand scientific conspiracy regarding global warming. If he actually ever spent any time in a scientific environment, he'd realize how stupid he sounds. He truly has no clue. There is nothing a scientist likes better than to prove another scientist wrong, or, even better, to upset the whole scientific establishment with some new found approach, theory, or way of looking at data. Far from a secret cabal (complete with special handshake), scientific research is actually a dog eat dog world, with everyone competing for limited funding. Of course, there is a way out of that treadmill: go the "contrarian" route, and get your funding from the Koch's, Heartland Institute, and any other number of well funded denialist concerns. However, it requires selling your soul, and your scientific integrity. SEB continues to cite individuals, who long ago sold their reputation for money. Nobody, save the gullible, take them seriously. He just hasn't figured it out. Or maybe he has, and is just another paid shill himself.
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

rogman wrote:Well done, Coydog.

SEB continues to rely on the idea that there is a grand scientific conspiracy regarding global warming. If he actually ever spent any time in a scientific environment, he'd realize how stupid he sounds. He truly has no clue. There is nothing a scientist likes better than to prove another scientist wrong, or, even better, to upset the whole scientific establishment with some new found approach, theory, or way of looking at data. Far from a secret cabal (complete with special handshake), scientific research is actually a dog eat dog world, with everyone competing for limited funding. Of course, there is a way out of that treadmill: go the "contrarian" route, and get your funding from the Koch's, Heartland Institute, and any other number of well funded denialist concerns. However, it requires selling your soul, and your scientific integrity. SEB continues to cite individuals, who long ago sold their reputation for money. Nobody, save the gullible, take them seriously. He just hasn't figured it out. Or maybe he has, and is just another paid shill himself.
Just another comment from a clueless Gruber who thinks he understands science. You morons think that "a bunch of scientists agree" is an adequate scientific argument.

When you carefully review your claims and complaints it always boils down to : "My side are scientists, your side are not...how dare you doubt scientists!"

When I point out that much of what the "consensus" claims is disputed by a variety of scientists... you either attack THEIR bona fides or ignore the counter-claims entirely.

YOU are the conspiratorialist. You need to claim that ALL the scientists I refer to who doubt the consensus MUST HAVE SEDITIOUS MOTIVES. They must ALL be in the pay of "big oil." THAT is a nonsensical conspiracy theory.

My argument is that people are sometimes incorrect in their claims and.....try to get this.... scientists are people (not priests gifted with divine knowledge). Really wish you understood this...you seem bright otherwise.

Your argument always reduces to argument from authority. Like this from the last post:
(note to those easily confused by plain English: the following are not actual quotes but characterizations)
"Your data cannot be correct because I have conflicting data and my scientists are better than yours...look how much the government pays my scientists...even the UN calls them top experts....and your data comes from evil scientists who must be paid by "big oil" (despite total lack of evidence for this claim!)

When I point to specific data which contradicts "consensus" claims or supports alternate claims you simply search for an "official" source which disputes the data. But... if there are contested narratives to explain lots of ambiguous data...sane people (lots of them on this board) just leave it at that. They are NOT SURE because the actual data leaves us at that spot....not being sure.

ALL I have EVER been saying here is that it is literally insane to claim that climate science is settled science.

You may be able to filter your new sources in a way that allows you to remain confident that the "consensus narrative" is supported more robustly with every passing day... but the evidence seems to point otherwise.

The consensus claims are falling apart and a wide variety of counter-narratives are gaining momentum. Once funding for "climate alarm" shrinks backs to a justifiable level (instead of being the entirety of the field) then new unbiased research can prosper (As, for instance, climate superstars Judith Curry & Richard Lindzen have hoped for) and climate science will shed the baggage of political corruption ("knowing the results before the analysis") and return to being a true science.

Thanks for your passion.
Ski the edges!
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Killington becomes largest EV charging hub in New England

http://vermontbiz.com/news/2018/january ... -286700865" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

GE put in large scale charging stations at many plants. Don't recall seeing them with more than 5 vehicles being charged at any time working at the plant or just passing by.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

butt there's gonna be this wonderful tax, yer gonna love it...under my plan energy prices will necessarily skyrocket...

NOPE...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

FINALLY-THE REAL CAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING-IT'S ABOUT TIME THESE WONDERFUL PEOPLE FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT?

IT'S ALL CAUSED BY SANDWICHES!!!!!!!!!!

https://newatlas.com/sandwiches-global-warming/53128/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

f.a.s.t. wrote:FINALLY-THE REAL CAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING-IT'S ABOUT TIME THESE WONDERFUL PEOPLE FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT?

https://newatlas.com/sandwiches-global-warming/53128/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
no more or less serious of a threat than anything else thus far...it's ALL that ridiculous...
mach es sehr schnell

f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

madhatter wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:FINALLY-THE REAL CAUSE OF GLOBAL WARMING-IT'S ABOUT TIME THESE WONDERFUL PEOPLE FINALLY FIGURED IT OUT?

no more or less serious of a threat than anything else thus far...it's ALL that ridiculous...
You know that some way and some how, US tax dollars paid for this study.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!