Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Re: Science Rant, Not politics: Can CO2 cause "Climate Chang

Post by Nikoli »

madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote:
Coydog wrote:
madhatter wrote: krugman? HAHAHAHA holey fvcking hahahahaha.... hard to imagine anyone more out of touch w reality than krugman....
Not hard at all, just imagine our current president.
yer only argument vs trump, same w the rest of the left...let us know when ya got something tangible...your emotional argument doesn't pass even the simplest 5th graders analysis...it's quite obvious that trump was able to accurately gauge the political climate and the electorate with the help of his Russian comrads far better than say a bunch of MIT number crunchers...or every pollster and over confident left winger...so if he's " out of touch w reality where's that leave all you lefties? :ear
Us "lefties" are a humorously curious if Gump and his "alternative facts" will make it through a full term without Ruskie support. But as long as he remains completely inept and somehow manages not to set the world on fire, we're all good, thank you. oh yeah how's that russia thing going? yeah nowhere, fast...

Meanwhile, 2016 is the hottest year on record - including UAH data, so maybe the "Apprentice President" is setting the world on fire after all, 'cause it sure can't be the CO2.
haven't had a day over 90 here...vt must not be global...maybe if we raise taxes...
You should have finished school.
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Post by Sgt Eddy Brewers »

Yeah you can always count on Rogman and Coydog for the comedy relief in this thread.... Krugman as an expert on ANYTHING!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH.

Then the sputtering references to Drumpf/gumpf ... none of them seem to understand how INFANTILE that style of argument sounds when you are a room full of grown-ups. Yeah the Ruskies have taken over the USA. Literally insane.

And these little children are so scared because they are CERTAIN that the world is burning up...despite a total lack of evidence. Bed-wetters. You could picture them huddling around the TV watching John Oliver sputter and fume declaring, like a teen telling scary stories to children, "then the earth became 0.04 degrees warmer!!!!" in a terrifying voice. Then all the children scream and hide their heads under the covers.

I honestly feel that scaring children, both literal children and emotional children, by telling them terrifying lies about the world burning up is an immoral act. A bit like screaming fire in a crowded theater.
Ski the edges!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:Yeah you can always count on Rogman and Coydog for the comedy relief in this thread.... Krugman as an expert on ANYTHING!!!! HAHAHAHAHAH.

Then the sputtering references to Drumpf/gumpf ... none of them seem to understand how INFANTILE that style of argument sounds when you are a room full of grown-ups. Yeah the Ruskies have taken over the USA. Literally insane.

And these little children are so scared because they are CERTAIN that the world is burning up...despite a total lack of evidence. Bed-wetters. You could picture them huddling around the TV watching John Oliver sputter and fume declaring, like a teen telling scary stories to children, "then the earth became 0.04 degrees warmer!!!!" in a terrifying voice. Then all the children scream and hide their heads under the covers.

I honestly feel that scaring children, both literal children and emotional children, by telling them terrifying lies about the world burning up is an immoral act. A bit like screaming fire in a crowded theater.
whats interesting is that neither one of them are actually infantile, bedwetters, emotional children, or anyone you would consider a crybaby in real life...there's a huge disconnect between who they are/seem to be and their 'politics"...it's the part I don't get...I always feel like they try to sell an argument they would never buy themselves...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Post by Sgt Eddy Brewers »

madhatter wrote:whats interesting is that neither one of them are actually infantile, bedwetters, emotional children, or anyone you would consider a crybaby in real life...there's a huge disconnect between who they are/seem to be and their 'politics"...it's the part I don't get...I always feel like they try to sell an argument they would never buy themselves...
I have no reason to doubt what you claim. I have lots of really cool friends, smart and sane who are somehow taken in by this nonsense. Fun as hell to hang with. Quite smart on so many other issues but.... as Timothy Leary noticed...some people have "signal blindness" around specific issues.

I ain't making claims about the intelligence or sanity of anyone based on this single perplexing issue.... except for judging that..... YOU are obviously pretty freaking bright (because we agree!)
Ski the edges!
f.a.s.t.
Wanted Poster

Post by f.a.s.t. »

Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:
madhatter wrote:whats interesting is that neither one of them are actually infantile, bedwetters, emotional children, or anyone you would consider a crybaby in real life...there's a huge disconnect between who they are/seem to be and their 'politics"...it's the part I don't get...I always feel like they try to sell an argument they would never buy themselves...
I have no reason to doubt what you claim. I have lots of really cool friends, smart and sane who are somehow taken in by this nonsense. Fun as hell to hang with. Quite smart on so many other issues but.... as Timothy Leary noticed...some people have "signal blindness" around specific issues.

I ain't making claims about the intelligence or sanity of anyone based on this single perplexing issue.... except for judging that..... YOU are obviously pretty freaking bright (because we agree!)
Like Al Gore said, this is a spiritual movement-nothing to do with science. Climate change is their God and politics their religion.
!!!!!!!!!! MAKE AMERICA LOVE AGAIN !!!!!!!!!!
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Did anyone notice no one saw Manbearpig during the eclipse? What does this mean?
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-08-2 ... ssue-tanks" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

umm....yep looks like "someone elses" money is running out on DHS's number one crush...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Battery storage manufacturer files Chapter 11. Second one this year to do so.

http://www.utilitydive.com/news/battery ... cy/503121/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Paris accords

Post by Mister Moose »

Coal to remain India's main energy source in coming decades.

Coal, which powers around three-quarters of India's electricity, will continue to be the foremost energy source over the coming decades, government think-tank Niti Aayog said in its Three-Year Action Agenda released Thursday.

It is important that India increases its domestic coal production to provide energy security and reduce its dependence on imports, it said.

By 2019, the government will explore 25% of the untapped 5,100 sq km coal bearing area to ensure availability of more coal mining blocks, it said.

There will also be efforts to convert 25% of the 139.15 billion mt of coal reserves that were in the 'indicated' category as of March 31, 2016 into the 'proved' category by offering top exploration companies attractive contract provisions, the report said.
https://www.platts.com/latest-news/coal ... 1334c8f173

Paris accords allowed India to double their coal production by 2020. But don't worry, India is "aiming" for a "target" of 40% renewable energy by 2030. Any guesses on what will comprise the remaining 60%? Any guesses on the accuracy of the aim or the target?
http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/02/asia/indi ... ent-trump/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Coal is currently the power for 60% of their electricity, hydro is 15%. Wind is significant at 10%.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

global coldness in VT today...
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

rogman wrote: As you're someone who equates the issue of climate change as being little more than a butter versus margarine debate, it's about what I'd expect from you. Obama wasn't, and still isn't, wrong.
You're clearly missing the analogy. Certainty today doesn't always look so certain in the rear view mirror. But here's another try, and very well written.

Butter. Margarine. Butter.
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

f.a.s.t. wrote:
Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:

Like Al Gore said, this is a spiritual movement-nothing to do with science. Climate change is their God and politics their religion.
And yet she warms. To wit, 2016 is the hottest year in UAH satellite record, evah.

Carry on.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Coydog wrote:
f.a.s.t. wrote:
Sgt Eddy Brewers wrote:

And yet she warms. To wit, 2016 is the hottest year in UAH satellite record, evah.

Carry on.
if only we had some kind of tax to fix all this... :bang

global fog this morning...
mach es sehr schnell

Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

Coydog wrote:

Carry on.
Houston just set the record for rainfall associated with a tropical storm. 51 inches, and likely to go higher. Madhatter is the fastest biker in his age group, but only on Wednesdays, and only at Snowshed. Bears are on the increase, setting bear sighting records.

In each case, I'm not converting to Gorism, I'm not buying stock in Madhatter Wheaties boxes, and I'm not putting up bear fence.

I think everyone on the board agrees there has been some warming. And that the satellite data dates back less than 40 years.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Mister Moose wrote:
Coydog wrote:

Carry on.
Houston just set the record for rainfall associated with a tropical storm. 51 inches, and likely to go higher. Madhatter is the fastest biker in his age group, but only on Wednesdays, and only at Snowshed. Bears are on the increase, setting bear sighting records.

In each case, I'm not converting to Gorism, I'm not buying stock in Madhatter Wheaties boxes,they'll be worth big bucks when I complete my transition 20 yrs from now.... :D and I'm not putting up bear fence.

I think everyone on the board agrees there has been some warming. And that the satellite data dates back less than 40 years.
we need a tax...a big tax to fix all this mess...
mach es sehr schnell