NSR: Should Vermont Legalize Recreational Marijuana? POLL

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Should Vermont Legalize Recreational Marijuana?

Poll ended at Jan 24th, '15, 20:12

Yes
73%
No
18%
Neutral
9%

Total votes: 45

freeski
Post Office

NSR: Should Vermont Legalize Recreational Marijuana? POLL

Post by freeski »

Speak now or forever hold your peace.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Re: NSR: Should Vermont Legalize Recreational Marijuana? POL

Post by Atomic1 »

The medicinal uses for marijuana shouldn't be overlooked ! From what I've heard nothing works better as a pain medication for sore joints and muscles after a day of rigorous skiing !
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

at this point "some" of the medical benefits are indisputable. the fact that local governors like cuomo & that fat pig from jersey dragged their asses and came up with half-assed programs is criminal. families shouldn't have to uproot and move to the colorado to get this stuff:

as for recreational use in vermont (or anywhere else), though i've been long "retired", knock yourselves out ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Vermont could rake in Millions of dollars from surrounding states. Legalization would create jobs and send a ripple through Vermont's economy. It would boost tourism including the ski industry. I am not "retired", but have not inhaled in over 5 years. For me it is about freedom and the heavy handed tactics the government has used to suppress a plant which has many beneficial effects and few negatives. The state could use the tax revenue to reduce property taxes, fund education and educate kids about the dangerous drugs which are ruining so many young lives in Vermont.

I agree the politicians keeping people from getting medicine proven to help them is wrong. Depending on who the candidates are in 2016 this could really hurt the Republicans. It's funny many are "small government" Republicans. Vermont farmers could also benefit from growing Hemp.

-Sorry for the politics in this forum. After reading the menu Ozzy posted yesterday I thought it would be interesting to see where K-Zoners stand.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Careful what you wish for. States around Colorado are looking into a law suit because of interstate transportation and use of Marijuana. What good is revenue from sales if you need to use that revenue to battle your neighbors in Federal Court?
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
thedev
Black Carver

Post by thedev »

Atomic1 wrote:The medicinal uses for marijuana shouldn't be overlooked ! From what I've heard nothing works better as a pain medication for sore joints and muscles after a day of rigorous skiing !
Medical marijuana or medical cannabis is most frequently used for Cancer and AIDS patients to reduce vomiting from chemotherapy. Chemotherapy can also cause loss of hunger and marijuana as many know can solve that problem. As far as for recreational use, cigarettes have been legal for quite some time and they have no medical benefit. Marijuana is just as if not less harmful than tobacco anyway.
steamboat1
Post Office

Post by steamboat1 »

freeski wrote:The state could use the tax revenue to reduce property taxes, fund education and educate kids about the dangerous drugs which are ruining so many young lives in Vermont.
They could but I highly doubt they would.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Atomic1 wrote:The medicinal uses for marijuana shouldn't be overlooked ! From what I've heard nothing works better as a pain medication for sore joints and muscles after a day of rigorous skiing !
Hot tub works best for sore muscles after skiing but we could try your plan.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
PinnacleJim
Slalom Racer

Post by PinnacleJim »

I understand Denver has seen a big influx of homeless attracted by the legalized pot. Sounds like just what Vermont needs.
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Dr. NO wrote:Careful what you wish for. States around Colorado are looking into a law suit because of interstate transportation and use of Marijuana. What good is revenue from sales if you need to use that revenue to battle your neighbors in Federal Court?
Those martinis you drink are more of a drug than pot will ever be.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

junior wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:Careful what you wish for. States around Colorado are looking into a law suit because of interstate transportation and use of Marijuana. What good is revenue from sales if you need to use that revenue to battle your neighbors in Federal Court?
My Martunis never caused me to go to the ER. Laced probably but when your BP hits 210 over 150 and HR is near 200, something is not good. That was an experience with weed. Again, probably laced but "no no no I don't breath it no more".
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Atomic1
Level 10K poster

Post by Atomic1 »

Dr. NO wrote:
junior wrote:
My Martunis never caused me to go to the ER. Laced probably but when your BP hits 210 over 150 and HR is near 200, something is not good. That was an experience with weed. Again, probably laced but "no no no I don't breath it no more".

Legalizing pot , where you would buy it In a dispensary would eliminate the " laced " problem . Also they say that if you use a vaporizer it's a different kind of high being not as overpowering . There are chemical compounds you get with smoke that you don't get with vaping, cause there's no smoke, just vapor (unless you're temp is set way too high and you're burning your weed). With vaping you avoid most of the carbon monoxide and tars that come with smoke. Eliminating these toxins is not only better for your health but also gives you less of an overpowering high . So vaping leaves you with more energy, which can be a plus or a minus, depending on the effect you're trying to get. Some other toxic compounds you don't get with vaping (as long as you stay below 200C/392F) are benzene, toluene, and naphthalene. I don't know if those 3 nasties affect the high, but they can certainly affect your health. So it's more complex than just becoming legal. It's also about the 'source ' and how it's 'delivered ' to the body.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

I don't want to be a bummer here but this is extremely important stuff.
My brother in law has brain cancer (glioblastoma), and in fact as I write this he will likely not be with us more than a few more days, even hours. He was diagnosed last October.
Glioblatomas are both the most common and most deadly brain cancers. They almost always recur about 9-10 months after initial diagnosis, after getting the usual traditional chemo and radiation.
A year ago I knew NOTHING about the almost miraculous benefits from the oil that people are using to treat this disease. While trying to educate myself about the disease my Googling stumbled across articles about the oil.
Unfortunately, between the debilitating effects of the chemo and the fact that it took us a very long time to decide to get him the oil and then to get it (not till February), the oil didn't buy my brother in law the time I hoped it might. Yet at 16 months he is a bit above the high end of the survival scale.

Meanwhile you may have seen some of the stories of the miraculous effects from use of the oil for kids with seizures from epilepsy. The one woman moved to Colorado for her daughter and one of the oils, Charl*ttes Web, is named for her. The child went from having hundreds of seizures a month to a handful. Miraculous.

Someone previously said the feet-dragging by Governors to let people have this is almost criminal.

I agree.

PS - Even in States where cannabis is legal, in many cases the oil is VERY illegal. Much more illegal than the leaf. How insane is this?
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
autograph guy
Green Skidder

Post by autograph guy »

for freedom's sake---heck yeah!
iRock
Bumper

Post by iRock »

Cop- "How high are you?"
Impaired Person- "No officer, its 'hi, how are you.'"

I'm saying no. Smoking anything is bad for you.

And remember, this kid was impaired when he got out of his car, walked down the track, and killed himself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qILmIyG ... 1420003358[/youtube]
trees, steeps, and yan lifts
that's why I ski DA BEAST