Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

buckethead
Slalom Racer

Re: NSR. Grateful Dead

Post by buckethead »

Captain Hafski wrote:
junior wrote:
Captain Hafski wrote:Junior. How was Citi Field. I heard some good reviews.

Hows those 77 cds?
Had some family issues going on and didn't make the shows at CITI. Some medical stuff that had to be taken care of.

Yes, the reviews were great. Ice Tea was at both shows as we were supposed to hook up with him but couldn't make the shows at the last minute.

I got 5 more shows burned from that same tour in 77. They are the 5 shows that immediately followed the 5 I sent previously. (Tuscaloosa, St Louis, Chicago, and St Paul).

Want those too?
Junior: Re: the 77 CDs: I was asking because I had not received any of them from you. With that said, what I'd prefer is just a list of the ones you like. On one hand, I am working to condense down from two houses to one and part of that is shrinking my physical CD collection. I have gravitated to storing shows in high resolution MP-3 format to conserve space. I keep them on two hard drives [one as backup] and sometimes burn them [as MP-3 data discs] onto CD; can usually get 3 shows onto a single CD. Sp: Please do not spend the time burning them for me; I DO appreciate the offer though !

As others have posted, they are all available at Archive .org [e-tree] and at least for now, I have an unlimited internet plan at home. Doesn't take much time at all do download them directly in the format I want.

So, how 'bout letting me know what your top ten are. PS: I already know about the Tuscaloosa show; I think I still have a casette tape of that one from 30 or so years ago !!

Fwiw you can convert your waves to flac and store your audio in lossless form at about half the file size. And if space is an issue why not burn to DVD-R? 4.7GB v .8GB. You can hold (4) completely lossless shows on a single disc.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/FLAC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also SD cards are a great alternative to thumb drives for mailing shows.
I recently bought some higher speed 64GB cards at Best Buy for $12 each.
ozzy
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by ozzy »

ski wrote:
liv4ski wrote: a surprise I Know You Rider to end the second set.
After a China Cat 2nd set opener, can't really call Rider a surprise.

. . . and really not surprised, mostly awed and amazed, when the r*in and rainbow came during Looks Like r*in . . .

Great shot! Did you take it?
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
ozzy

Post by ozzy »

yiddle on da fiddle wrote:6/18 Fenway....was a crapshoot....felt like it never quite caught its rythym....Oteil lead vocals Fire on The Mtn was awesome...closing Brokedown Palace was equally sweet....beyond THAT?....meh....
Totally agree. Thought SPAC was better
skiskee8 wrote:Skiing in powder sucks. It's so much more work, and you can't go as fast.
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

ozzy wrote:
ski wrote:
liv4ski wrote: a surprise I Know You Rider to end the second set.
After a China Cat 2nd set opener, can't really call Rider a surprise.

. . . and really not surprised, mostly awed and amazed, when the r*in and rainbow came during Looks Like r*in . . .

Great shot! Did you take it?
Thanks ! Yes, iPhone 5 panorama.
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Anyone going tonight?

Kinda bummed I have work tomorrow, but will be fun anyway!
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

SPAC show was pretty good. Not real impressed with the first set but the end of Hell in a Bucket and the Mississippi Half Step were both good.

Second set really rocked. Funky China Cat was really cool although a bit of a stumble through the bridge. The follow on Deal was incredible. 15 minutes with an extended ending jam that went on forever with the whole crowd on their tiptoes screaming !!

Oteil sounded great singing the China Doll. Nicely done.

Terrapin was OK as well as the Watchtower and closing Rider. Surprise GDTRFB for the encore.

Great crown / vibe.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
ozzy

Post by ozzy »

Didn't go, but Citi Field looked and sounded great on the Mixlr I was listening too. Good for those of you who went
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Hi: A friend of mine [Tom, from Middlebury] and I are playing as "Me and My Uncle" tonight at the Clear River Tavern in Pittsfield Vt.

One night only, Feb 11, 2019, from 7 to 10.

Would love to see some Zoners there. Please pass the word along.

Thx, Grateful Gary
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!