NSR. Grateful Dead

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Re: NSR. Grateful Dead

Post by johnny the jibber »

Zmans Schoeps pull from 7/3 sounds pretty good: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=580708" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

D.Fries Neumann pull from 7/4 sounds alright even though he recorded behind the stage: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=580735" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Update:

Zmans 7/4 Schoeps is up: http://bt.etree.org/details.php?id=580739" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Great 3 day run. Saturday was probably the best, but Sunday was great too. Great times with great people all around.

Don't believe the hype of Chicago pizza!
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

for those who didn't get your phil, actually he won't be there, he'll be playing nearby that night, DEAD AND COMPANY!

The news is out, all over town... Mickey, Bill, and Bob have joined forces with Grammy Winning singer/guitarist John Mayer to form the band Dead & Company. The band will take the stage at the legendary Madison Square Garden on Halloween night, October 31, 2015 and will perform two sets of music drawing largely from the Dead's historic catalog of songs.

The Fare Thee Well shows were a record-setting success, and ignited enthusiasm for more concerts featuring Grateful Dead members. "There is a place where music, dreams and magic come together," said Hart. "Grateful Dead music is a portal to that place. It was built to last!"

"Fare Thee Well proved to me that I'm not done exploring new rhythmic territory with Mickey - I'm recommending that everyone puts their helmet on, because we are going to blast our way into some serious drums and space," said Kreutzmann. "And with Mayer riding shotgun with Weir - we're in good company, so to speak."

Mayer will join Hart, Kreutzmann and Weir, along with Allman Brothers' bassist Oteil Burbridge and Fare Thee Well and RatDog keyboardist Jeff Chimenti. "I deeply love the Dead's music, and it has inspired me in ways I never imagined. To help carry this music is the opportunity and the honor of a lifetime," Mayer said.

"We're not done with these songs and they're not done with us," said Weir. "We're gonna take these old friends on some new adventures."

Tickets will go on-sale to the general public Friday, August 14th at 10am ET. American Express® Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Monday, August 10th at 10am local through Thursday, August 13th at 10pm local. Tickets can be purchased at ticketmaster.com. Top tier tickets will be priced under $100, and a number of $50 tickets will be made available in honor of the Grateful Dead's 50th Anniversary.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Going where the wind don't blow so strange,
Maybe off some high cold mountain chain.

Holding out for Jerry and Pigpen in the Nothin' left to do but Smile Smile Smile tour.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
hollywood
Black Carver

Post by hollywood »

skiadikt wrote:for those who didn't get your phil, actually he won't be there, he'll be playing nearby that night, DEAD AND COMPANY!

The news is out, all over town... Mickey, Bill, and Bob have joined forces with Grammy Winning singer/guitarist John Mayer to form the band Dead & Company. The band will take the stage at the legendary Madison Square Garden on Halloween night, October 31, 2015 and will perform two sets of music drawing largely from the Dead's historic catalog of songs.

The Fare Thee Well shows were a record-setting success, and ignited enthusiasm for more concerts featuring Grateful Dead members. "There is a place where music, dreams and magic come together," said Hart. "Grateful Dead music is a portal to that place. It was built to last!"

"Fare Thee Well proved to me that I'm not done exploring new rhythmic territory with Mickey - I'm recommending that everyone puts their helmet on, because we are going to blast our way into some serious drums and space," said Kreutzmann. "And with Mayer riding shotgun with Weir - we're in good company, so to speak."

Mayer will join Hart, Kreutzmann and Weir, along with Allman Brothers' bassist Oteil Burbridge and Fare Thee Well and RatDog keyboardist Jeff Chimenti. "I deeply love the Dead's music, and it has inspired me in ways I never imagined. To help carry this music is the opportunity and the honor of a lifetime," Mayer said.

"We're not done with these songs and they're not done with us," said Weir. "We're gonna take these old friends on some new adventures."

Tickets will go on-sale to the general public Friday, August 14th at 10am ET. American Express® Card Members can purchase tickets before the general public beginning Monday, August 10th at 10am local through Thursday, August 13th at 10pm local. Tickets can be purchased at ticketmaster.com. Top tier tickets will be priced under $100, and a number of $50 tickets will be made available in honor of the Grateful Dead's 50th Anniversary.

Glad the rumors turned out to be true. After going to both Santa Clara shows, and watching all three Chicago shows on pay per view, I am more into the Dead than ever.

John Meyer's recent transformation to a dead head underscores what I have always said about them - it's not just about their excellent playing/jamming (they were and still are a very well-oiled machine), it is really about how many great songs they had, plus all the great songs they covered. Defintely hoping to score tickets for MSG.
Happy hour's come and gone -
much too short and much too long
Sgt Eddy Brewers
Slalom Racer

Post by Sgt Eddy Brewers »

Thought this was funny
play dead.jpg
play dead.jpg (35.98 KiB) Viewed 1684 times
Ski the edges!
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

Anyone get tix for the upcoming summer tour? Got both citified days and Camden. May try and hit up the two before Camden. Definitely passing on Bonnaroo, have not been there since the Dead played the second one over ten years ago. I also think Neil Young played and Widespread.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

See you at Shea!!
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

junior wrote:See you at Shea!!
Not gonna make Fenway?
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Coydog wrote:
Not gonna make Fenway?
Citi, Jersey, & SPAC so far. Fenway is a possibility. Any games at the Fens on either side of the show?
Coydog
Guru Poster

Post by Coydog »

junior wrote:
Coydog wrote:
Not gonna make Fenway?
Citi, Jersey, & SPAC so far. Fenway is a possibility. Any games at the Fens on either side of the show?
Not really, Rays before (7/10), Giants after (7/19), at Yankees during (7/15, 7/16).
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

8)
1959939_598048250300112_3152879409754298350_n.jpg
1959939_598048250300112_3152879409754298350_n.jpg (28.31 KiB) Viewed 1303 times
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Some shots and a little video from SPAC this past week. Great show.

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

Yeah, was at the SPAC show as well. Not the best thing I've ever seen, but the best thing I'd seen in a while.

First set Loser with very nice jam, and song of the night was first set closing Deal. That was sweet all the way through.

Strong first half of second set with Aiko Aiko, Estimated, China-Rider into a great [but short] drums space. Rest of show OK with Uncle John's Band coming out of the D/S. Nice Brokedown Palace first encore.

Going to first night at Fenway in July. And Jeezum Crow [DSO] at Jay the next week.

Get on the bus while you can. Don't let that deal go down.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

A friend of mine saw Citi last night, his first show without Jerry.
His voice is still hoarse, and he regrets waiting so long to see them again.

I only managed to attend three Dead shows back in the day, one of them being un-memorable at MSG. One was at Cornell in '81.

But seeing them in '86 at their home venue, at the Greek Theatre in Berkeley, was one of those great concert experiences. Regardless of what they played, having that music waft over me, outdoors on a hill with the San Francisco Bay spread out before me, was tremendous.

-Every silver lining's got a touch of grey
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.