NSR. Grateful Dead

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Re: NSR. Grateful Dead

Post by Captain Hafski »

Junior. How was Citi Field. I heard some good reviews.

Hows those 77 cds?
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Captain Hafski wrote:Junior. How was Citi Field. I heard some good reviews.

Hows those 77 cds?
Had some family issues going on and didn't make the shows at CITI. Some medical stuff that had to be taken care of.

Yes, the reviews were great. Ice Tea was at both shows as we were supposed to hook up with him but couldn't make the shows at the last minute.

I got 5 more shows burned from that same tour in 77. They are the 5 shows that immediately followed the 5 I sent previously. (Tuscaloosa, St Louis, Chicago, and St Paul).

Want those too?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

junior wrote:

Hows those 77 cds?
Had some family issues going on and didn't make the shows at CITI. Some medical stuff that had to be taken care of.hope ya got all that sorted out, best wishes there...

Yes, the reviews were great. Ice Tea was at both shows as we were supposed to hook up with him but couldn't make the shows at the last minute.

I got 5 more shows burned from that same tour in 77. They are the 5 shows that immediately followed the 5 I sent previously. (Tuscaloosa, St Louis, Chicago, and St Paul).

Want those too?
buy some el cheapo usb drives and load it all on there, mail em to your friends for the cost of a stamp and 10 mins of time...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

I still burn discs for this kind of stuff.

No way I could get 5 shows on a flash drive.

A 2 TB hard drive? Sure. But those ain't $5.

I have plenty of shows and plenty of blank discs.

Just trying to pass along the music.
johnny the jibber
Level 10K poster

Post by johnny the jibber »

most of the Dead & CO shows are being uploaded to archive.org. Check there, no reason to burn cd's anymore, and a 2TB HD is about $70 these days.
he would shove your ass so far up your ass and stuff! -thejet61 10/2/09

If a snowboarder is in front of me or to the side I assume the slobbering moron will cut from one side of the trail to the other -GSKI 1/17/12
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

SPAC was a fun show. Killer set list . . .lots and lots of really good energy from the band and the people there . . The band is on fire .. They keep getting better every show. Like Billhy said at some point this tour . . ." It's a new band, I just know all of the songs really, really,well"

They'll be high-stepping into Beantown next weekend . . . Can't wait for more!
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Greatful Dead playing the last ever show at JFK stadium in Phili. Condemned a few days after this. :lol:
http://thekey.xpn.org/2016/07/07/the-gr ... k-stadium/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JFK was a great place to see concerts even though it was basically always a dump and it was a miracle it never collapsed! Saw a bunch of monster 100,000+ shows there: Stones, The Who, Monsters of Rock, etc...
Couple pics I took from The Who's farewell tour in 82 :lol:
Attachments
img192.jpg
img192.jpg (132.77 KiB) Viewed 1086 times
img183.jpg
img183.jpg (41.98 KiB) Viewed 1086 times
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

junior wrote:

Hows those 77 cds?
Had some family issues going on and didn't make the shows at CITI. Some medical stuff that had to be taken care of.

Want those too?
Junior: Re: the 77 CDs: I was asking because I had not received any of them from you. With that said, what I'd prefer is just a list of the ones you like. On one hand, I am working to condense down from two houses to one and part of that is shrinking my physical CD collection. I have gravitated to storing shows in high resolution MP-3 format to conserve space. I keep them on two hard drives [one as backup] and sometimes burn them [as MP-3 data discs] onto CD; can usually get 3 shows onto a single CD. Sp: Please do not spend the time burning them for me; I DO appreciate the offer though !

As others have posted, they are all available at Archive .org [e-tree] and at least for now, I have an unlimited internet plan at home. Doesn't take much time at all do download them directly in the format I want.

So, how 'bout letting me know what your top ten are. PS: I already know about the Tuscaloosa show; I think I still have a casette tape of that one from 30 or so years ago !!
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Dead & Company

Saturday, June 17 & Sunday, June 18

Fenway Park

Presale:

Thu, Dec 15 at Noon – Thu, Dec 15 at 10pm

Password: TURNTABLE

Public On Sale: Fri, Dec 16 at 10am
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Great show at SPAC last night. Highlights were China Cat -->Deal, All Along the Watchtower and a surprise I Know You Rider to end the second set. Mayer was killing it.
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

liv4ski wrote:Great show at SPAC last night. Highlights were China Cat -->Deal, All Along the Watchtower and a surprise I Know You Rider to end the second set. Mayer was killing it.
Wasn't aware he was a member of the Dead from Day 1.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

6/18 Fenway....was a crapshoot....felt like it never quite caught its rythym....Oteil lead vocals Fire on The Mtn was awesome...closing Brokedown Palace was equally sweet....beyond THAT?....meh....
icedtea
Guru Poster

Post by icedtea »

See the family Sunday in Camden!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

liv4ski wrote: a surprise I Know You Rider to end the second set.
After a China Cat 2nd set opener, can't really call Rider a surprise.

. . . and really not surprised, mostly awed and amazed, when the r*in and rainbow came during Looks Like r*in . . .

"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
buckethead
Slalom Racer

Post by buckethead »

RENO wrote:Greatful Dead playing the last ever show at JFK stadium in Phili. Condemned a few days after this. :lol:
http://thekey.xpn.org/2016/07/07/the-gr ... k-stadium/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
JFK was a great place to see concerts even though it was basically always a dump and it was a miracle it never collapsed! Saw a bunch of monster 100,000+ shows there: Stones, The Who, Monsters of Rock, etc...
Couple pics I took from The Who's farewell tour in 82 :lol:
Ahh the old JFK. Was at that (yes, farewell) show 35 years ago - and I thought they were already pretty old then! I'm in that picture somewhere - I was on pete's side about 30ft back.

That was a fun place for marathon rock events. Saw a handful of shows there; Genesis w/Elvis Costello, blondie, a flock of seagulls, the hooters; kinks w/Joan Jett, loverboy, Huey Lewis (left before headliner foreigner to catch Blackmore's Rainbow at the Garden that evening!); Police with a very young REM opening the day; allmans, outlaws, Molly hatchet, .38 special, Marshall tucker (aka The Roundup).
Was always up front. It only got crushing and crazy at the Genesis show. (Sadly didn't get down there for the stones tour opener in '81...went to the carrier dome)

RENO: who was on the Monsters of Rock bill?
That one was totally under my radar.

Nice pics and vid liv4...how'd you get those tix??