Spring hours -update from the resort

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Killington Resort
The Beast

Spring hours -update from the resort

Post by Killington Resort »

Hello kzone,

I have read some of the posts on our spring schedule and wanted to reach out and clarify the plan. It seems we still have conspiracy theorists that still believe the resort is somehow trying to beat them. I am not sure why this attitude still exists as I think we have been pretty focused on listening to our guests and implementing changes to improve the experience for all. I understand that not every decision we make is appreciated by all but my hope is that our guests understand that we are trying our best and many times need to balance varied interests. (Ie. Some want everything groomed and others want nothing groomed).

The point is our plan for spring has been focused on having a great long season. I would think the pile on superstar would have spoken to this commitment.

In terms of spring hours, they are exactly the same as last year. The one area that may have been confusing (since I don't think we announced it) is that once we get down to superstar only, that lift will run until 5pm every day it is open.

Other than keeping the plan the same as last year (which everyone seemed to appreciate), our only other changes were that we extended sky base and Pico for the extra weekend.

Hope that helps
Mike
tt431
Post Office

Re: Spring hours -update from the resort

Post by tt431 »

Thanks for the update. Doing a great job IMO. :like
Stormchaser
Level 10K poster

Post by Stormchaser »

Killington Resort wrote:Hello kzone,

I have read some of the posts on our spring schedule and wanted to reach out and clarify the plan. It seems we still have conspiracy theorists that still believe the resort is somehow trying to beat them. I am not sure why this attitude still exists as I think we have been pretty focused on listening to our guests and implementing changes to improve the experience for all. I understand that not every decision we make is appreciated by all but my hope is that our guests understand that we are trying our best and many times need to balance varied interests. (Ie. Some want everything groomed and others want nothing groomed).

The point is our plan for spring has been focused on having a great long season. I would think the pile on superstar would have spoken to this commitment.

In terms of spring hours, they are exactly the same as last year. The one area that may have been confusing (since I don't think we announced it) is that once we get down to superstar only, that lift will run until 5pm every day it is open.

Other than keeping the plan the same as last year (which everyone seemed to appreciate), our only other changes were that we extended sky base and Pico for the extra weekend.

Hope that helps
Mike
When left to speculate, most overdo it...especially here on Kzone. Amazing how folks can turn a positive into a negative with the word 'if". K still rocks, thanks again for making it so. Now make it snow.
ImageImageImageImage
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Killington Resort wrote:...... I am not sure why this attitude still exists as I think we have been pretty focused on listening to our guests and implementing changes to improve the experience for all................

Hope that helps
Mike
YOU = FAIL.

:bull

Seriously Mike? Suck It.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Mike comes on here to clarify the spring hours and you attack him? We're lucky the mountain has decided to post information here and you're jeopardizing that. Geesh :|
Today you are the most uncool person on the internet.
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
tt431
Post Office

Post by tt431 »

freeski wrote:Mike comes on here to clarify the spring hours and you attack him? We're lucky the mountain has decided to post information here and you're jeopardizing that. Geesh :|
There is no reason to disrespect Mike. If he doesn't agree with him, he could have said it in a civil manner. If I was an admin, I would put him in time out.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

freeski wrote:Mike comes on here to clarify the spring hours and you attack him? We're lucky the mountain has decided to post information here and you're jeopardizing that. Geesh :|
Has nothing to do with spring hours, could care less.

He's not nearly as good of a manager as he think's he is, and same goes for certain members of his management team. I have plenty of reasons to disrespect him, especially since he disrespected me first.

Honeymoon is over, gloves are off. I'm done cutting these clowns ANY slack.
Last edited by Highway Star on Mar 27th, '15, 13:57, edited 2 times in total.

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
simpletwist
Blue Chatterbox

Post by simpletwist »

Killington Resort wrote:In terms of spring hours, they are exactly the same as last year. The one area that may have been confusing (since I don't think we announced it) is that once we get down to superstar only, that lift will run until 5pm every day it is open.

Thanks for the clarification Mike. I, for one, do appreciate Management's efforts to communicate with us on this board and in the way you've listened to our feedback. Believe me, I do appreciate Killington's efforts to keep lifts open until 5pm. If the plan is the same as last year, then I stand corrected.

In looking through last year's updates, it looks like this is what I was remembering, and perhaps it was just this one weekend that many lifts ran until 5pm on Fri-Sun.
http://www.killington.com/site/culture/ ... beast-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
eagle628
Green Skidder

Post by eagle628 »

Highway Star wrote:
YOU = FAIL.

Seriously Mike? Suck It.
What, would you prefer we had Ary Quiros in charge? Personally I'm thrilled to have Mike in the front office and I appreciate his communication and transparency.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

Thanks for the clarification, Mike. It helps much.

Last spring was GREAT. It is great hearing the plan is the same this year.

Perhaps the website is a little confusing when it refers only to Saturdays. If the only days in April that include extended hours are Saturdays, that would be a departure from last year and recent years.

Also the last couple of years a detailed schedule of the Spring closings of each area was posted on the Insider Blog (conditions permitting of course). I found the schedules helpful to plan around.

Thanks!
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

simpletwist wrote:[In looking through last year's updates, it looks like this is what I was remembering, and perhaps it was just this one weekend that many lifts ran until 5pm on Fri-Sun.
http://www.killington.com/site/culture/ ... beast-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks for posting this link, Simpletwist. If this Spring is going to be the same scheduling, it is going to be a blast.

Plenty of 5 pm Superstar days in April besides just Saturdays last year.
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Highway Star wrote:

He's not nearly as good of a manager as he think's he is, and same goes for certain members of his management team. I have plenty of reasons to disrespect him, especially since he disrespected me first.

Not a very mature attitude - mom, he hit me first!

As for how good a manager he thinks he is, that's unimportant. It's how good a manager his organization and his customers think he is and, on that score, he's doing pretty well.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Bubba wrote:
Highway Star wrote:

Not a very mature attitude - mom, he hit me first!

As for how good a manager he thinks he is, that's unimportant. It's how good a manager his organization and his customers think he is and, on that score, he's doing pretty well.
Well, consider me a customer who no longer thinks he's doing that well, and is FAR less willing to give him the benefit of the doubt in the future.

Nor am I the only one.

brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

freeski wrote:Today you are the most uncool person on the internet.
It's still early in the day :wink:
Forever .. Goat Path
junior
Signature Poster

Post by junior »

Highway Star wrote:
Killington Resort wrote:...... I am not sure why this attitude still exists as I think we have been pretty focused on listening to our guests and implementing changes to improve the experience for all................

Hope that helps
Mike
YOU = FAIL.

Seriously Mike? Suck It.
Suck it? What?

What the heck is that for? Geesh HS, a little over the top, no? Even for you, that's a bit much.

Maybe you should send Mike an email instead of berating him here in public. You remind me of Ty giving it to Dorque in front of his friends. You, of course, being Ty. Chill the F out man.

The guy has done a great job, or as great a job as he is allowed to do. Of course we want more. We always do, but suck it? Cut the crap and show a little respect. If you don't like K, don't ski K. Simple as that.
Last edited by junior on Mar 27th, '15, 14:26, edited 2 times in total.