Pond Skimming Saturday!!! 30F and Snowing!!!

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Pond Skimming Saturday!!! 30F and Snowing!!!

Post by Highway Star »

Take those fat boards from the powder to the pond in Saturday’s Dos Equis Pond Skim. The annual rite of spring takes place on Lower Superstar and registration opens at 9:00 a.m.
Literally!!!
Tonight
r*in, mainly after midnight. Low around 29. Light and variable wind becoming northeast 11 to 16 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Saturday
Snow, mainly before 1pm. High near 31. Windy, with a northwest wind 24 to 29 mph increasing to 32 to 37 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches possible.

Saturday Night
Mostly cloudy, with a low around 16. Wind chill values as low as -1. Blustery, with a west wind 21 to 25 mph.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.ph ... =graphical" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Seriously, what clown is scheduling these events....?

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Re: Pond Skimming Saturday!!! 30F and Snowing!!!

Post by skiadikt »

not gonna be calling anyone a "clown" but do agree scheduling pond skimming on april 4 is early. april 18 or 25 would be much better. perhaps they think no one will be here then. as a way of comparison, here's the event calendar from spring 1999:

April 10-11, 1999 Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge
April 17-18, 1999 Spring Loaded at Bear
April 24-25, 1999 Tray Olympics
May 1, 1999 Slalom
May 2, 1999 Pond Skimming
May 8-9, 1999 Sunshine Daydream
May 15-16, 1999 Huckfest
May 29-31, 1999 Triathalon and Rage Weekend
June 1, 1999 slalom

also miss steve's brainchild, the sunshine daydream.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

skiadikt wrote:not gonna be calling anyone a "clown" but do agree scheduling pond skimming on april 4 is early. april 18 or 25 would be much better. perhaps they think no one will be here then. as a way of comparison, here's the event calendar from spring 1999:

April 10-11, 1999 Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge
April 17-18, 1999 Spring Loaded at Bear
April 24-25, 1999 Tray Olympics
May 1, 1999 Slalom
May 2, 1999 Pond Skimming
May 8-9, 1999 Sunshine Daydream
May 15-16, 1999 Huckfest
May 29-31, 1999 Triathalon and Rage Weekend
June 1, 1999 slalom

also miss steve's brainchild, the sunshine daydream.
You're making me think "clown" is being far too generous.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

skiadikt wrote:also miss steve's brainchild, the sunshine daydream.
+++++++ :like +++++++

Consistently, the last few years, the Rite of Spring has had issues synching calendars with the grip of old man winter. :sad:
Forever .. Goat Path