Saddleback to Reopen

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

steamboat1
Post Office

Re: Saddleback in financial Trouble May Not Reopen

Post by steamboat1 »

freeski wrote:At this point you could buy Saddleback with $15m three times over. I think the family is trying to hold on to as much land around the resort to recoup losses / make money. This could be one of the sticking points. Yes, don't need any more over grown... If a large area like Saddleback went under it would not speak well for the NE ski industry.
Pretty sure the land goes with the sale now. This was part of an article in the Boston Globe a month or so ago.

"The resort, most of its 121 condominiums
and 400 acres were put on the market in 2012 for $14 million. It’s
currently for sale for $9.5 million with 2,070 acres".
Stache
Poster Child Poster

Post by Stache »

FWIW, I was up that way today and the signage for Saddleback is still up along I-95. Can't help but wonder how many are going to be doing an imitation of Clark Griswold at Wally World this winter.
Stache

2018-19
Killington = 2
Whaleback = 1
Dartmouth Skiway =
blakeslee_a
Black Carver

Post by blakeslee_a »

I think a huge issue if saddleback does re open at some point this year will be staff. I have personally met 5 former saddleback employees now working at sugarbush since they closed. That's in only 2 weeks, and I'm sure there are a whole lot more who went and got jobs elsewhere
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

https://www.facebook.com/SaddlebackMain ... 9194603510
SADDLEBACK UPDATE: Our prospective new owner and the Berry Family feel confident that we will complete a transaction - opening by late January. December 19th marks the traditional opening day for Saddleback, in lieu of the fact that we will not be operating on that date, we are offering passholders three options:
1. WAIT FOR A SNOWY OPENING DAY: By waiting for opening day, you will receive an additional 50% resort credit bonus added to your season pass that can be used anywhere in the resort: food, tickets, lessons, rentals, seasonal locker rentals, future season or day passes etc. This may be used this year or next.
2. CONVERT YOUR SEASON PASS INTO A GIFT CARD: The amount of your pass purchase will be placed on a gift card and by waiting for opening day you will receive an additional 50% resort credit bonus that can be used anywhere in the resort: food, tickets, lessons, rentals, seasonal locker rentals, future season or day passes etc. This may be used this year or next. With the abbreviated season this may give you more flexibility.
3. RECEIVE FULL REFUND: Receive a Full Refund of your season pass.
At any time from now until opening day, if you wish to not wait any longer you may request your season pass refund and pass up on the additional 50% resort credit bonus opportunity.
To review current passholder options go to: http://www.saddlebackmaine.com/current- ... er-options
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

This is good news. :like
I Belong A Long Way From Here.
RustyK
Whipping Post

Post by RustyK »

Looks like they have a buyer...

http://www.pressherald.com/2016/10/27/f ... ck-resort/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A coalition of nonprofits say they have reached verbal agreements with the owners of Saddleback Mountain to purchase the Rangeley ski resort and the land around it.

The Saddleback Mountain Foundation, a newly formed group of Rangeley businesses and Saddleback season-pass holders, told the Portland Press Herald that it has a verbal agreement with Irene and Bill Berry to purchase Saddleback’s core ski area for $6 million. The foundation would pay the Berrys $2.2 million in cash at closing and then an additional $3.8 million over time in a loan financed through the seller. The Berrys also would receive royalties on future land sales, according to the foundation
Where is Happy Hour ?
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

RustyK wrote:Looks like they have a buyer...

http://www.pressherald.com/2016/10/27/f ... ck-resort/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A coalition of nonprofits say they have reached verbal agreements with the owners of Saddleback Mountain to purchase the Rangeley ski resort and the land around it.

The Saddleback Mountain Foundation, a newly formed group of Rangeley businesses and Saddleback season-pass holders, told the Portland Press Herald that it has a verbal agreement with Irene and Bill Berry to purchase Saddleback’s core ski area for $6 million. The foundation would pay the Berrys $2.2 million in cash at closing and then an additional $3.8 million over time in a loan financed through the seller. The Berrys also would receive royalties on future land sales, according to the foundation
They've got nothing until the money is raised, and a P & S is signed.
SADDLEBACK MAINE
17 hrs ·

Saddlebackers, many of you by now have seen the Saddleback Mountain Foundation's announcement of their initiative to raise monies for the purchase of the mountain. We wish them well with their efforts. We continue to work with the Saddleback Mountain Foundation, in addition to the other qualified buyers who are also in the process of pursuing the purchase of the resort. When the trail is clear we will update you.
https://www.facebook.com/SaddlebackMaine/
freeski
Post Office

Post by freeski »

Looks like great news...
http://www.pressherald.com/2017/06/27/s ... ts-future/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hint the new owners maybe saying: :"throw another shrimp on the barbie". :shock: :shock:
freeski
Post Office

Re: Saddleback to Reopen

Post by freeski »

Here it is...
http://majellagroup.com/saddlebackmaine ... june17.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound

Post by ME2VTSkier »

Yep, and new Dopp fixed quad and High Speed T-bar.... Killington? Paintball and LazerTag???
DES
Slalom Racer

Post by DES »

Was hoping they would be bought by the co-op...oh well, if it's going to become a "destination", there goes the low prices on day tix (and season passes)...but open is better than not open!