Caseys to reopen

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Re: Caseys to reopen

Post by SnoBrdr »

Dr. NO wrote:
BoozeTan wrote:all the stuff in the parking lot is for a house being built on McCallen Drive
Maybe that is the delay of the opening. They can make more money storing and logistics for this prefab than being open.
Depends on where in the parking lot.

Caseys does not own the whole parking lot, weird but true.
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

SnoBrdr wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
BoozeTan wrote:all the stuff in the parking lot is for a house being built on McCallen Drive
Maybe that is the delay of the opening. They can make more money storing and logistics for this prefab than being open.
Depends on where in the parking lot.

Caseys does not own the whole parking lot, weird but true.
Pretty much the entire left side Looking to the right at the driveway, with house parts like ship size containers. If they can't use that area they may as well stay closed.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
yiddle on da fiddle
Powderhound

Post by yiddle on da fiddle »

Jeez.....OK: new CC leaseholder( nope...property was NOT sold...) having staffing issues. Those home modules going up McClellan for a new build. That is all.
ObiYawn
Beginner On Rentals

Post by ObiYawn »

Hey guys, first post here. I've been a long time Killington enthusiast and am coming back for MLK weekend. Casey's used to be my favorite apres ski hangout and I'm thrilled to hear it's back. Does it have the same vibe as before, and how about those 25 cent wings? :-)

Also, what is the parking situation now? Plenty of space when I come from the mountain, or iffy?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Sign now says May opening.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Its kind of odd. They have had new dumpsters out back from Casella all winter. They have decorative lights on at night. New propane tank. Its plowed out up to the building. They have a current ad in the mountain times menu guide. Overhead is costly. Ski season can be a money maker. This can't be an April fools joke. The clues don't add up.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

SnoBrdr wrote:Sign now says May opening.
Why bother? May is end of season any more. All he gets is mud season and beginning of golf. No money there on the access road and usually only a few places stay open after Easter or after April. Maybe they should begin looking into next season and HOPE they can open week before Thanksgiving. Sitting on a large investment with no return at the moment.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

Dr. NO wrote:
Why bother? May is end of season any more. All he gets is mud season and beginning of golf. No money there on the access road and usually only a few places stay open after Easter or after April. Maybe they should begin looking into next season and HOPE they can open week before Thanksgiving. Sitting on a large investment with no return at the moment.

Let's assume the English guy that bought it has an boatload of dough - this is a hobby ..........not an investment.
Bubba
Site Admin

Post by Bubba »

Dr. NO wrote:
Many more people here in the summer. More restaurants staying open. Not like winter but busy enough for plenty of businesses.
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here"

Killington Zone
You can checkout any time you like,
but you can never leave

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function" =
F. Scott Fitzgerald

"There's nothing more frightening than ignorance in action" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Captain Hafski
Postaholic

Post by Captain Hafski »

I think the sign meant it MAY open
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

Captain Hafski wrote:I think the sign meant it MAY open
I disagree.

It had been saying MAY open soon.

Now it says May opening.

Maybe the owner reads these and wants people to know.

If so maybe he can tell us.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

Bubba wrote:
Dr. NO wrote:
Many more people here in the summer. More restaurants staying open. Not like winter but busy enough for plenty of businesses.
Can't quite figure out what's going on with Casey's. May is kinda quiet. It's pretty much vacation for every business in the area until the summer really kicks in. They've done a really good job between the town and resort to build up business in the summer/fall the last couple seasons. I think people that don't ever come up in summer/fall should check it out and see the advancement. Summer/Fall has really become my favorite time to come up. Don't get me wrong, I still love snowboarding above all activities, but I also like what they've done with the expanded mountain biking at K and elsewhere in the area. Snowshed is a lot busier. Plenty of activities if you don't like biking also. The way I would describe it is, it's busier in a comfortable way, not like crazy winter weekends busy! :shock: :lol: You can even check out a popular restaurant that you wouldn't even attempt to go to on a busy winter evening. Even Sushi Yoshi is staying open year round now. Maybe not every single day, but most of the restaurants on K road are now open throughout the summer.
Snowboardgod
Blue Chatterbox

Post by Snowboardgod »

Agreed ^^ after moving here for winter and staying through our first couple of summers I no longer hate summer. Plenty to do and nice and quiet. But agree there is plenty of business to keep things moving, especially on weekends. Snowshed is pretty well packed most days, plenty of people at the peak lodge as well taking scenic rides etc.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Snowboardgod wrote:Agreed ^^ after moving here for winter and staying through our first couple of summers I no longer hate summer. Plenty to do and nice and quiet. But agree there is plenty of business to keep things moving, especially on weekends. Snowshed is pretty well packed most days, plenty of people at the peak lodge as well taking scenic rides etc.
Summertime lunch&cocktails @ the Peak is an easy way to impress non skiing guests and clients. They should bring back the sunset dinners.
Sergio2232
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Sergio2232 »

This site is awfuly picky about how big a file should be. Sign says "OPENING MAY B" as of 3-18-17.