Impact of New Mt Bike Trails on Glade Skiing

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: Impact of New Mt Bike Trails on Glade Skiing

Post by madhatter »

RENO wrote:Black Magic had a lot of jumps and turns so it will definitely be different in there. I think trying to gauge the impact on the woods skiing after 12" of natural is difficult. We'll see what it looks like after much more snow and they officially open the woods. Looking forward to it! :like
it's gonna be awesome once it fills in...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Definitely some huge cleared areas and crazy berms in seeming random locations(from a skiers perspective). It will be a lot of fun once you have figured out where all the new features are. One thing is for sure, don't go ripping down Vagabond thinking it's a nice blue cruiser. The drop-off from where Black Magic goes thru is at least 10'. Snowboarder in our party hit his chin on his board. We watched another less experienced group totally explode at that drop-off . . There will be sled rides coming from these . .
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

Now that we are in the woods it is time to revisit this discussion . .

:dislike :dislike
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

The switchback near the bottom of low rider was annoying when I skied it Monday. Perhaps with more snow it will be less pronounced.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

liv4ski wrote:The switchback near the bottom of low rider was annoying when I skied it Monday. Perhaps with more snow it will be less pronounced.
Saw it too. Lots of rocks on the outside of the berm. No idea how to ski it right now, but I'm guessing it will be fine once I figure out how.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Highway Star wrote:
liv4ski wrote:The switchback near the bottom of low rider was annoying when I skied it Monday. Perhaps with more snow it will be less pronounced.
Saw it too. Lots of rocks on the outside of the berm. No idea how to ski it right now, but I'm guessing it will be fine once I figure out how.
yeah we know...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

moved a lot of earth to build these. obviously some will luv it. for me it was a major interruptus. will withhold final judgement until it fills in but certainly changes the character and breaks the rhythm of what were pure "tree" runs. suddenly you have these huge dropoffs and berms to deal with.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
hillbangin
Wanted Poster

Post by hillbangin »

They better not 'burm up' Anarchy ridge.

Hopefully they leave the rest of the hill alone.

The woods after Low Road back to the Supe chair are a mess too.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

madhatter wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
yeah we know...
:lol:

Less Turns .. More Air :cool
Forever .. Goat Path
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

They have essentially ruined classic fall line runs in the Snowdon bowl. It's great to have the "flowy" MTB runs . . But they were excavated into the hill with an utter disregard for skiing. The cuts from Black Magic that go thru Vagabond and Northstar should have be smoothed somewhat on the uphill sides for skiing. The berms down in the lower sections, while maybe fun for a loop or two though them, the completely interrupt any semblance of a cohesive fall line run

Boo Hiss :dislike :dislike
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

ski wrote:They have essentially ruined classic fall line runs in the Snowdon bowl. It's great to have the "flowy" MTB runs . . But they were excavated into the hill with an utter disregard for skiing. The cuts from Black Magic that go thru Vagabond and Northstar should have be smoothed somewhat on the uphill sides for skiing. The berms down in the lower sections, while maybe fun for a loop or two though them, the completely interrupt any semblance of a cohesive fall line run

Boo Hiss :dislike :dislike
they were scrambling to get that stuff opened up, there's a good possibility of some "re-grading" with attn to the skiing attributes in the future...some of it however may be permanently altered...we'll see what 200+ inches of snow and couple more off seasons bring...
mach es sehr schnell

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Yeah they aren't going to be grading anything into a 10 ft blind drop off folks. If we're lucky, you may get some signage to direct people around the berms.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Can't wait to run down a fat biker in those single tracks. :twisted:
Lots of fat skiers in there, butt they're easy to deal with.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

brownman wrote:Lots of fat skiers in there, butt they're easy to deal with.
Hey I resemble that remark and no I am not easy to move.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Hey, I thought the President Elect had cornered the market on thin skin. :P
No worries with GIS. You just 'heel eject' him and grab first tracks. :lol:

Not keen on Ramshead trails .. only a couple excavations here matter much.
Thankfully .. no Catwalk berm .. butt that stone wall sure is a Beaut. :evil:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path