Impact of New Mt Bike Trails on Glade Skiing

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

ski
Wanted Poster

Re: Impact of New Mt Bike Trails on Glade Skiing

Post by ski »

Don't want this discussion to get buried by other news . . .

Hopefully the horrible berming (horrible for skiers) does not continue this summer. At least look at it from a snowsports view and don't go willy-nilly digging ditches and back-filling with broken granite. And for God's sake, don't go near the sacred terrain to the north !

:rant
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

ski wrote:Don't want this discussion to get buried by other news . . .

Hopefully the horrible berming (horrible for skiers) does not continue this summer. At least look at it from a snowsports view and don't go willy-nilly digging ditches and back-filling with broken granite. And for God's sake, don't go near the sacred terrain to the north !

:rant
pretty sure that area is next on the list for expansion....that said it would be nice to see some skier friendly action taken to create flow both on dirt and on snow...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
ski
Wanted Poster

Post by ski »

madhatter wrote: it would be nice to see some skier friendly action taken to create flow both on dirt and on snow...
:like :like
"Fare you well, fare you well
I love you more than words can tell"
GnarDawg
Green Skidder

Post by GnarDawg »

Weird I meant to say this on the BMMC report thread but I skied Pipe Dream last Saturday (it was awesome, 2nd trax) but as I was coming down Falls Brook Trail I was a guy on a fat bike riding up the mountain. Does Killington allow people to ride on their trails during winter operations? I'd assume not.
biged
Slalom Racer

Post by biged »

GnarDawg wrote:Weird I meant to say this on the BMMC report thread but I skied Pipe Dream last Saturday (it was awesome, 2nd trax) but as I was coming down Falls Brook Trail I was a guy on a fat bike riding up the mountain. Does Killington allow people to ride on their trails during winter operations? I'd assume not.
If he wasn't being a paper boy, what does it matter? No different then skins in my opinion.
ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

biged wrote: If he wasn't being a paper boy, what does it matter?
"I want my two dollars!" ??