Coming to a Killington near you (drone content)

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Coming to a Killington near you (drone content)

Post by Highway Star »

So hot right now:

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/ ... c_pro.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Nikoli
Poster Child Poster

Re: Coming to a Killington near you (drone content)

Post by Nikoli »

Lessons here
http://www.berger-bros.com/classes/octo ... xperience/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
And the sea will grant each man new hope . . .
-Christopher Columbus
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Seriously, I was into RC cars in the late 80's to early 90's, and was exposed to RC planes and helicopters back then. So, all this hype with drones over the last few years has been lost on me - expensive, time consuming, PIA, for marginal results. This is the first drone I've actually somewhat considered buying.

http://www.adorama.com/alc/dji-introduc ... -4k-camera" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This new class of high performance, consumer friendly drone is going to be HUGE. Reasonable price (about as much as a DSLR), easily portable, and super easy to fly with lower risk. Not to mention, most people are probably looking for a new big tech toy to buy, most people are on a 3 to 5+ year plus replacement cycle on their TV's, tablet, laptop, etc, you're more likely to get sales by creating or expanding a category.

Count on seeing these on hill at Killington this year.
Thanks to DJI’s new OcuSync transmission technology inside the drone’s pocket-sized remote controller, aerial photographers are capable of up to a 4.3-mile transmission range, HD 720p long range, and Full HD 1080p short range video streaming. Closely integrated with DJI GO, OcuSync transfers the Mavic’s data in real time. The OcuSync can also be used to download photos and videos while flying at a maximum speed of up to 40 Mb/s.

The Mavic Pro can see up to 98ft and measure a distance up to 49ft, making it an advanced sonar based avoidance technology. Using a complex network that includes 5 cameras, GPS&GLONASS, a pair of ultrasonic range finders, redundant sensors, and a group of 24 powerful, specialized computers, the Mavic essentially creates a 3D map of the space around it and what to avoid.

According to DJI: “The Mavic Pro camera records true 4K video — four times the size of 1080p — at 30 frames per second and Full HD 1080p at 120 frames per second, so you can create incredible slow motion. Its minimum focusing distance is just 19in (0.5m), making it perfect for everything from the ultimate dronie to once in a lifetime landscapes.”

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Sandman_71
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Sandman_71 »

Not trying to burst your bubble, but pretty sure K (just like most other ski resorts) has a no drone policy. Just checked trail map from last year and it's right on the front.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Is it legal to shoot drones in VT?
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Sandman_71 wrote:Not trying to burst your bubble, but pretty sure K (just like most other ski resorts) has a no drone policy. Just checked trail map from last year and it's right on the front.
Oh ok. Just like all those other rules people don't break at Killington. Got it.

Sandman_71
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Sandman_71 »

Highway Star wrote:
Sandman_71 wrote:Not trying to burst your bubble, but pretty sure K (just like most other ski resorts) has a no drone policy. Just checked trail map from last year and it's right on the front.
Oh ok. Just like all those other rules people don't break at Killington. Got it.
I was just trying to be helpful. Shame on me for forgetting I was interacting with the most antagonistic and narcissistic poster on here.

Guess rules don't apply to you. Do you also drink and drive, text and drive or not show up to a ski-off?

If skiing isn't enough fun for you, go ahead and bring an overpriced and overrated toy up so everyone can see how cool you are. But if it crashes into someone, don't be surprised if it needs to be surgically removed from either end of your digestive tract.

There's a reason you post so many threads up here that get zero responses. I won't make the mistake of trying to interact with you ever again
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Sandman_71 wrote:
Highway Star wrote:
I was just trying to be helpful. Shame on me for forgetting I was interacting with the most antagonistic and narcissistic poster on here.

Guess rules don't apply to you. Do you also drink and drive, text and drive or not show up to a ski-off?

If skiing isn't enough fun for you, go ahead and bring an overpriced and overrated toy up so everyone can see how cool you are. But if it crashes into someone, don't be surprised if it needs to be surgically removed from either end of your digestive tract.

There's a reason you post so many threads up here that get zero responses. I won't make the mistake of trying to interact with you ever again
Are you threatening me? Because that's what it sounds like. Sorry to burst your personal bubble....or is it called a safe space?

There are many rules at Killington that some people regularly break. Assuming that people will suddenly follow one specifically makes you a moron. Don't confuse "rules" with laws.

Oh and not to mention, some things that were once banned may become allowed eventually:

https://books.google.com/books?id=K-BFw ... ng&f=false" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't let the door hit you on your way out, twit.

ME2VTSkier
Powderhound
Location: Aroostook County ME, Plymouth VT, Block Island RI, Clarksville OH, Ocala FL

Post by ME2VTSkier »

ANGUS wrote:Is it legal to shoot drones in VT?
New skeet stages added to Biathlon! :lol:
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Video of people not using drones at Killington......

Drones are the new gopro.

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

MUST RESIST BUYING DRONE. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

https://slickdeals.net/f/9635556-dji-ma ... 3-999-1299" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Shot with a DJI Mavic drone, you can see it's shadow in the first few seconds.

http://www.tetongravity.com/video/ski/c ... ide-things" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HOWEVER.....it is being actively piloted. The Mavic can follow, but it's not that great at it in a skiing context, and the current software won't let it descend in elevation while following a subject. Look for that to be resolved in the next generation. Must ski resorts will likely be allowing certainly models of drones with proven guidance systems by the early 2020's.