Mikaela Shiffrin Fan Thread

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Re: Mikaela Shiffrin Fan Thread

Post by Dr. NO »

rower wrote:You must be looking at wrong list. Shiffrin is leading Gut by about 200 pts and Goggia by about 400 pts in overall. She is second in GS to Worley by 120 pts.
Well, Gut isn't coming back any time soon so Shiffrin is in. Don't know why the charts I looked at was nothing like this one, but so be it. Another win for Shiffrin.

http://www.fis-ski.com/alpine-skiing/le ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Latest over all posting.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

This is a Big Weekend in Squaw for the kid ! :like

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

TV times - tonight, Friday at 11:00 pm on NBCSportsNetwork - Channel 71 on Comcast in Killington!
Saturday, 4:00 pm same channel (FIS web says 3:00 pm, but TVGuide says 4:00 pm) may want to doube check.
Sunday - same as Saturday!!

Goooooo Michaela!!!!!!!
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

I watched the live stream of the GS. No spoliers. Race is well worth watching.
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

MrsG wrote:TV times - tonight, Friday at 11:00 pm on NBCSportsNetwork - Channel 71 on Comcast in Killington!
Saturday, 4:00 pm same channel (FIS web says 3:00 pm, but TVGuide says 4:00 pm) may want to doube check.
Sunday - same as Saturday!!

Goooooo Michaela!!!!!!!
NBC begins broad cast at 3 every week unless doing live coverage of other events. Check listings but also don't trust them. Remotes were invented for a reason, to allow a guy to flip channels and drive wives and girlfriends crazy. ;) OR, maybe in your case drive Husband crazy.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Spoiler alert.
That Bullwinkle sure is a hottie.

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
GlacierBoy
Black Carver

Post by GlacierBoy »

Congrats to Michaela who will has won the overall World Cup title even before Saturday's slalom in Aspen.

Ilka Stuhec from Slovenia has dropped out of the slalom and so will retain 2nd place

And Michaela's 22nd birthday is Monday!

This was supposed to be her development season: [excerpt from NY Times 3/17]

"This was supposed to be the winter when Shiffrin took baby steps into the exalted territory formerly occupied by Vonn, the four-time overall winner. Shiffrin was expected to gently test her versatility in the more speedy and dangerous events. Instead, she has crashed the party, winning three giant slaloms and one Alpine combined, in just the second time she had competed in that event.

Within the skiing community, it has been easy to see a more than symbolic passing of the torch. That is especially true in the United States since the dominant American ski stars of this century — Vonn, Ligety, Julia Mancuso and Bode Miller — have all been hobbled by serious, debilitating injuries this season."
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

A good article with some videos of Mikaela's 22nd b-day and her progression in the sport.
http://deadspin.com/mikaela-shiffrin-is ... 1793422444" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Fingers crossed she visits us again next season.
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

Vote for Mikaela for favorite female athlete.
http://alpine.usskiteam.com/news/shiffr ... le-athlete

Mikaela Shiffrin (Eagle-Vail, CO) had a ridiculous year—six slalom victories, three giant slalom wins and one alpine combined victory on the World Cup, her third straight World Championship slalom title, a silver in the World Champs giant slalom, her fourth career World Cup slalom title and her first-ever overall World Cup title. Wow.

And the ski racing industry isn’t the only one who noticed. Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards has nominated her for their Favorite Female Athlete award.

Shiffrin is up against USA Gymnastics’ Simone Biles, USA Swimming’s Katie Ledecky, US Soccer’s Alex Morgan, WNBA player Nneka Ogwumike of the Sparks, and tennis player Serena Williams.

Nickelodeon’s tagline for the award is: “They are, simply put, the best athletes of the year.” Help Shiffrin win the award for Favorite Female Athlete by voting here: http://vote.nick.com/#favorite-female-athlete Winners are announced on July 16 at 8 p.m. ET.
MrsG
Whipping Post

Post by MrsG »

Hmmmm, that's a tough one - oh wait, I got to see Mikaela win - she got my vote :wink:
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

If I vote for her, will she come sign my program this Thanksgiving weekend?
throbster
Postaholic

Post by throbster »

I get all the news I need from the weather report

- Simon and Garfunkel
Captain Hafski
Poster Child Poster

Post by Captain Hafski »

Looks like Mikaela has some stiff slalom competition this year. Edged out of first place by Petra from Slovakia this weekend with the two of them over a second ahead of the rest of the field.
Goes to show, you don't never know
Watch each card you play, and play it slow
Don't you let that deal go down
Don't you let that deal go down

Looks like its going down no matter what I do !!!
twilkas
Tree Psycho

Post by twilkas »

Petra Vihova has been making strides past 2 yrs, but this appears to be a leap. good, keep Shiffrin on her toes. that's some serious separation from the rest of the field for those two. As much as i enjoy watching Michaela win, i'd rather see her pushed in slalom.
liv4ski
Bumper

Post by liv4ski »

It appears Shiffrin had a clean second run but Vlhova smoked her. Will be great to watch these two battle 10 days from now.

Silent auction for her Killington race bib last year. http://kellybrushfoundation.org/bib-auction/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;