SKI BUM RACE THREAD

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

SKI BUM RACE THREAD

Post by madhatter »

Hello Race Fans,

We have unfortunate news that our ski bum race this Wednesday 12/7 has been postponed.

The after party at Domenics is still on! See everyone there.

There is no race planned for 12/14 due to Special Olympics coming to Killington.

We are planning to have a race on 12/21 it will be 1 run only. We need to only have 1 run during our first race in order to make sure that everything is running smoothly.

Our next scheduled race on 1/4/17. We will have 2 runs that race. Run #1 will count for that race. Run #2 will count for the 12/7 postponed race.

Please spread the word.
Full schedule with HH location:

http://www.killington.com/site/to-do/ev ... ace_series" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

* I see the "new" caseys is scheduled to host...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: SKI BUM RACE THREAD

Post by madhatter »

UNDEFEATED!!!!

well so is everyone else as the race was cancelled, but the HH still goes on...

HH was at http://www.domenicspizzeria.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and the pizza was good and plentiful...Decent beer selection as well...I opted for the Lagunitas IPA ( they also had the Pils)...I also saw on their table tents that they have ONE dollar sliders daily 3-6...I'll be back to give them a try one of these days....
Sliders – all sliders served soft baked roll $2.00 ( regular price)

BBQ Chicken – Buffalo Chicken – Meatball – Chicken Parmesan – Chicken Bacon Ranch

they also have:
Chicken Parmesan – breaded chicken breast with melted mozzarella and parmesan cheeses served over pasta with sauce
for those who are inclined to like that sort of thing...

the next race is scheduled for Dec 21...
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

No race or HH scheduled for today due to special olympics...there SHOULD be a race next wed however...
mach es sehr schnell

SkiPutt
Slalom Racer

Post by SkiPutt »

I like the idea of the age categories and no need to be affiliated with a team, much like NASTAR. This could be intetesting - and the first race hasn't been held yet so fence sitters could still sign up. Something to think about...
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

SkiPutt wrote:I like the idea of the age categories and no need to be affiliated with a team, much like NASTAR. This could be intetesting - and the first race hasn't been held yet so fence sitters could still sign up. Something to think about...
I'd rather the "pro's" have their own category, esp since m,any of them will be in my age group!!!! the team thing is cool but it's never been a requirement...

fence sitters can sign up ANY time I believe...only your top 6 finishes count anyway...pretty sure teams and any changes to them close after the second race ( could be the second scheduled week I really don;t know for sure but there is a cutoff for teams)
mach es sehr schnell

LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

I can probably make most of the races. I am interested, but haven't raced before - how hard core are these? I have no plans
of getting a race suit or anything.

I'd mostly be interested in it mainly for the after party anyways! :lol:
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

LINYbob wrote:I can probably make most of the races. I am interested, but haven't raced before - how hard core are these? I have no plans

NOT hardcore at all, no suit necessary ( only a few guys wear em) course runs the lower half of highline...half a dozen gates on the steeper section before it hits the "flatter" section something like 17-20 in ttl I forget but Doc No knows the details....weekly party alone is worth 45 bux and if ya win a door prize even better...

check this link to find add'l links to the waiver and contact info so you can get signed up...

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=42239" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

madhatter wrote:
LINYbob wrote:I can probably make most of the races. I am interested, but haven't raced before - how hard core are these? I have no plans

NOT hardcore at all, no suit necessary ( only a few guys wear em) course runs the lower half of highline...half a dozen gates on the steeper section before it hits the "flatter" section something like 17-20 in ttl I forget but Doc No knows the details....weekly party alone is worth 45 bux and if ya win a door prize even better...

check this link to find add'l links to the waiver and contact info so you can get signed up...

I submitted the online form and also sent Janet at KSC an email. Sounds like fun!
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

LINYbob wrote:
madhatter wrote:

I submitted the online form and also sent Janet at KSC an email. Sounds like fun!
Welcome to the Wednesday Ski Bum Race Crew. There is no better way to meet the fun hard core locals.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

GOOD GOOD LINYBob!!! see ya at next weeks HH...
mach es sehr schnell

LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

madhatter wrote:GOOD GOOD LINYBob!!! see ya at next weeks HH...

Actually I won't be up until Jan 2. But then I should make most Wednesdays. I plan on being up from Sunday
nights to Thursday nights, except holiday weeks. At least that's the plan!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Wax your skis & sharpen your edges, Ski Bum is on for tomorrow on Bunny Buster!
Only 1 run between 10 am - 2 pm. Live timing will be available and times will be shown on the display at Bunny Shack, but there will be no announcing or video available.

Join us at Outback Pizza for the "After Party" for Dos Equis specials, delicious food & giveaways!

The party is free for racers. Guests are $5 (Cash Only).
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

pics and results from the last ski bum race...

https://www.facebook.com/dosequisskibum ... =3&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.facebook.com/dosequisskibum ... =3&theater" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hello Race Fans,

We are on for tomorrow's ski bum race. We will be starting higher than in previous years, near the telephone pole so keep your eyes open for the start when you approach the pitch on Highline.

We will be running 2 runs tomorrow, 1 race for 1/4 and the make up for 12/7. Your first run will count towards 1/4 and second for 12/7. These can be made at any point between 10-2.

Due to time constraints with the longer course we will only be able to film the first run.

We will be rockin' Preston's for the after party.

-Race Crew

might be a bit premature in announcing that given the current and expected icing...not the ideal start to the new year/ race season...
mach es sehr schnell

Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

Um, Race Crew are those that set up your timing, course and do the timing and maintenance. Maybe you should re-word that to Race Fans or something? We get out at 8:30, start running at 10 and rap it up at 2 PM, not getting off the hill until after 3 on some days (good days we are off the hill by 2:30). Crew is voluntary but subsidized well. Just to say ! OH, we also run the big races on weekends, including Alpine, Snow Board and Free Style.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Dr. NO wrote:Um, Race Crew are those that set up your timing, course and do the timing and maintenance. Maybe you should re-word that to Race Fans or something? We get out at 8:30, start running at 10 and rap it up at 2 PM, not getting off the hill until after 3 on some days (good days we are off the hill by 2:30). Crew is voluntary but subsidized well. Just to say ! OH, we also run the big races on weekends, including Alpine, Snow Board and Free Style.
I just copied the text from the email that was sent...
mach es sehr schnell