SKI BUM RACE THREAD

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

madhatter
Signature Poster

Re: SKI BUM RACE THREAD

Post by madhatter »

3/1 results

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4_d_W ... OUlpn/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

march 8th

Dos Equis Ski Bum Race Series "After Party " at The Garlic
Join us at The Garlic for the "After Party", sponsored by Green Mountain National Golf Course for Dos Equis specials, delicious food & giveaways!

The party is free for racers. Guests are $5 (Cash Only).
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

madhatter wrote:3/1 results

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4_d_W ... OUlpn/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

march 8th

Join us at The Garlic for the "After Party", sponsored by Green Mountain National Golf Course for Dos Equis specials, delicious food & giveaways!

what time is after party?
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Dr. NO
Signature Poster

Post by Dr. NO »

skiadikt wrote:

march 8th

4 pm until 6 pm. be early as it gets crowded and the food goes fast.
MUST STOP POSTING ! MUST STOP POSTING !

Shut up and Ski!

Why's Everybody Always Pickin on Me?
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Dr. NO wrote:
skiadikt wrote:

march 8th

4 pm until 6 pm. be early as it gets crowded and the food goes fast.
It was crowded but the food kept coming and was top shelf.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Video

https://www.facebook.com/dosequisskibum ... 497465729/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.facebook.com/dosequisskibum ... 014131744/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

results

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0pBfK ... FFTmc/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mach es sehr schnell

'exponential reciprocation'- The practice of always giving back more than you take....
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Hello Ski Bum Fans,

Although the incoming snow storm will make for excellent skiing it is
not ideal for a race course therefor we are canceling the race for
this week.
After you are done skiing all that pow head down to Sushi
Yoshi for the after party starting at 4 PM on Wednesday.

We will be in touch with plans for next weeks race day since it will
be our last.
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Race Fans -
The interest in duals has faded away so the format for finals next week will consist of the top 5 racers in each age class (based on Season Standings) participating in a one run race.
The best 6 races out of 11 count towards your season standings. Season Standings -
Final standings...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0pBfK ... hIWWs/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ughhhhhhhhhhhh 6th...behind some seriously good racers...I gave it my best...seeking new race skis for next year and shooting for the podium...I really wanted to make the finals this year but the competition is very good...

Mrs hatter did very well in her class also, coming on strong as the season progressed and she got some race experience...coming off a broken leg , a missed season last year and having zero previous race experience she certainly exceeded expectations...
mach es sehr schnell

LINYbob
Bumper

Post by LINYbob »

And congratulations to Mrs. G for making it into the finals! Good luck!
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

:like :like
LINYbob wrote:And congratulations to Mrs. G for making it into the finals! Good luck!
:like :like
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

Ski Bum Finals Day - March 22, 2017
Good Afternoon,

We hope you enjoyed the Powder that Winter Storm Stella so graciously dumped on Killington.
This year we will be spinning the BBQ energy into the BBQ at Moguls for the Finals Party.
The BBQ was originally a pot-luck event that evolved over the years into a KMS funded and staffed BBQ.
It has been decided to allocate those resources into blowing out the Finals Party at Moguls.
You’ll see more prizes this year than you can shake a stick at.

Now I know some of you and you’re probably saying – “What no BBQ?” What the ….
Well, we couldn’t leave ya hanging like that, so swing by the Ski Club on Race Day next week and pick up a drink ticket from James.
He will be the man behind the main counter from 10am to 2pm.
This ticket can be redeemed for a Dos Equis Draft at the Mahogany Ridge Bar in the K1 Base Lodge on Wednesday the 22nd.
Mise well prime the system for the Finals Party!

Plagues will be given out as awards this season.
Dos Equis wants to personalize the plaques, so they will not be available day of.
We are working with Dos Equis to put on a promo the following week at a local establishment, where winners can
pick them up and enjoy a cold beverage. This location will be determined by Party Time.

Thank you for all the hustle this season and make sure you get out there to reap the benefits of Stella!

Bike Bum is up next so get your wheels greased and bum in shape!

Thank you

JEFF ALEXANDER
Events & Sponsorships Manager
Killington Resort | Pico Mountain
4763 Killington Road | Killington, VT 05751
mach es sehr schnell

madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

http://www.live-timing.com/race2.php?r=174461" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Live results of today;s finals...
mach es sehr schnell

skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

madhatter wrote:
Race Fans -
The interest in duals has faded away so the format for finals next week will consist of the top 5 racers in each age class (based on Season Standings) participating in a one run race.
The best 6 races out of 11 count towards your season standings. Season Standings -
Final standings...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0pBfK ... hIWWs/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

ughhhhhhhhhhhh 6th...behind some seriously good racers...I gave it my best...seeking new race skis for next year and shooting for the podium...I really wanted to make the finals this year but the competition is very good...

Mrs hatter did very well in her class also, coming on strong as the season progressed and she got some race experience...coming off a broken leg , a missed season last year and having zero previous race experience she certainly exceeded expectations...
great effort. you got a bunch of "ringers" in front of you who've been racing since diapers. 2nd year for you? the bad news is be prepared for 7th next season cause i'm coming after you :lol: :lol:

congrats to mrs g and all the zoners who took part.
spoiled South American skiin' whore
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

News Flash ..

It's all about technique .. less to do with 'new racing skis'. :lol:
Watch Hans and Manfred more closely .. learn to mimic them. :like

Hope the appetizers were tasty this year. :wink:

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
madhatter
Signature Poster

Post by madhatter »

brownman wrote:News Flash ..

it has almost nothing to do with running your mouth from the sidelines which is about all you seem to be capable of...let me know when you got some numbers to put up...

now back to racing...

results of yesterday's finals...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0pBfK ... Z0aTg/view" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

no video yet but there was one...

this season was a good race season w most of the race courses being of excellent quality...we did have a couple of less than stellar courses due to circumstances beyond the control of man...be nice to see the duals back next year as contrary to reports it seems EVERYONE LIKES them...

I took a different approach from the lackluster one and done of last year( most days last year the weather was horrible and not very inspiring to say the least and mrs hatter was home w a broken leg)....warming up with numerous free skiing runs prior to the race, fresh tunes, fresh wax, better starts, NASTAR practice course, personal coaching from our team captain etc all helped mrs hatter and I put up some pretty decent times considering our minimal experience w gates and racing...the most surprising thing was that both of us preferred the icy late day courses and our times were best on those days...

Running on a jr race ski the last two seasons it's become obvious I need more ski...Mrs hatter will be inheriting my race skis and I'll be moving up to a more appropriate ski for my weight and ability...the jr race ski was a great ski to "break" into racing with as it has a somewhat more forgiving flex pattern, was very light and also very reasonably priced...

most wed's this year also provided a good surface for recreational skiing and we took full advantage of that...

HH at Moguls last nite had some good food ( chicken pie) and plenty of it...Other notably good ski bum HH's were at Lookout ( them brats were great), the garlic ( calamari, mussels and ceasar salad among others), Dominics pizza, prestons....Some of the others, ( no names mentioned) need to step up their game a bit...some put out so little food it was gone in a matter of minutes...at one place the buffet table was already broken down and gone by the time we got there...

all in all the ski bum race is a good opportunity to participate in a discipline that is otherwise unavailable to the avg skier...it's also a great way to meet people and improve your overall skiing skills....you also get to ski on a closed course, get timed and have a video of your race for analysis purposes...combined w the free HH and a chance for a door prize the 45 dollar entry fee goes along way....

Congrats to everyone who placed, there will be an awards ceremony at a later date...

also K will be dropping the Dos Equis sponsor for next year...

Do I hear Foley Brothers Ski Bum Race series for next year!!!!!
mach es sehr schnell

Humpty Dumpty
Post Office

Post by Humpty Dumpty »

brownman wrote:News Flash ..

Exactly brown man. Sliding thru turns. Uhhg! Bend a knee, get your edges in and look for your next gate.