Jerk Jamaican Mountain Grill

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Jerk Jamaican Mountain Grill

Post by Southside_Bobby »

I see Phat Italian didn't work out at Needles.
Anybody try this place yet?

I'm also wondering if they have a Killington Point of Sale there (pay with my pass).
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Re: Jerk Jamaican Mountain Grill

Post by Mister Moose »

Ate there Monday. Liked it. The menu is hard to follow as to prices and what's included. There's clearly chicken leg quarters, and wraps or sandwiches on a roll. Lots of tasty add-ons like avocado, Caribbean slaw, lettuce, tomato, and more. Meats are jerk chicken chunks, pulled pork, and brisket(?) Not sure on that one. Several tasty sandwich sauces. Fries. A few beers on tap with bottled drinks in a fridge. Daily specials, Monday's was curried goat. Sandwiches are 12ish.

The point of sale pass thing works there. A nice change from burgers and chili.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

Southside_Bobby wrote:I see Phat Italian didn't work out at Needles.
Anybody try this place yet?

I'm also wondering if they have a Killington Point of Sale there (pay with my pass).
Yes they do have a POS at the shack. Food looks pretty good, although I havent tried it yet
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Not sure whether this has been mentioned.
An added feature down there are new lavatories.
No more spliffy biffy, mon. 8)
Forever .. Goat Path
tyrolean_skier
Signature Poster

Post by tyrolean_skier »

brownman wrote:Not sure whether this has been mentioned.
They are heated too.
skiadikt
Level 10K poster

Post by skiadikt »

tyrolean_skier wrote:
They are heated too.
best rest rooms on the mtn ...
spoiled South American skiin' whore
Southside_Bobby
Slalom Racer

Post by Southside_Bobby »

I walked in there on Thursday, but didn't end up eating. I will try it next time and will get the brisket.

I'm sure the food is probably very good, all made to order. But I was looking more for something grab and go that day, as I often do.

Most people in the place were just having drinks. Nice place to hang for that.
Attachments
0105171227c-819x614.jpg
0105171227c-819x614.jpg (188.46 KiB) Viewed 1245 times
2014 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift shouldn't be."
2019 - "A South Ridge trail is Pipe Dream. A South Ridge lift (operating midweek) shouldn't be."
2023 - Killington announces that the South Ridge lift will run five days a week.
2024 - Killington lied.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Do they have a bar?
SnoBrdr
Whipping Post

Post by SnoBrdr »

skiadikt wrote:
tyrolean_skier wrote:
They are heated too.
best rest rooms on the mtn ...
Was that your George Costanza professional opinion ?
Beware of fools & trolls here, they lurk everywhere.
ANGUS
Slalom Racer

Post by ANGUS »

Tried it yesterday. Good food. I would recommend it. They also serve adult beverages. The deck is nice on a sunny day. It's nice to see K took it back over. The phat was just not working out in that setting. :like
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

ANGUS wrote:Tried it yesterday. Good food. I would recommend it. They also serve adult beverages. The deck is nice on a sunny day. It's nice to see K took it back over. The phat was just not working out in that setting. :like
I wouldn't put too much blame on Phat. They couldn't have tables until the mountain put in a bathroom. Now that the new bathrooms are in, voila, tables.

I liked the food as well.
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

Be aware that people on the weekend seem to be taking a LONG time in those bathrooms. Takes forever for 4-5 people to get in/get out. I think people are taking advantage of a warm little room to sit down, relax, play with their phones. Whatever. If a friend wants to go in there, take a lap on the quad and you will be back early.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

Mister Moose wrote:
ANGUS wrote:Tried it yesterday. Good food. I would recommend it. They also serve adult beverages. The deck is nice on a sunny day. It's nice to see K took it back over. The phat was just not working out in that setting. :like
I wouldn't put too much blame on Phat. They couldn't have tables until the mountain put in a bathroom. Now that the new bathrooms are in, voila, tables.

I have to disagree, I put all the blame on phat. We went in there last year and it was the worst food experience I ever had on the mountain. Horrible food and worse service. It was so bad that I will never visit the deli on the access road again. They put there name on the hut at needles and I hold them accountable.
RENO
Whipping Post

Post by RENO »

daytripper wrote:
Mister Moose wrote:

I have to disagree, I put all the blame on phat. We went in there last year and it was the worst food experience I ever had on the mountain. Horrible food and worse service. It was so bad that I will never visit the deli on the access road again. They put there name on the hut at needles and I hold them accountable.
I really don't understand what happened on the mountain with them. Only stopped in there 1 time. Something just wasn't right with that place. Their deli on the access road has good customer service, sandwiches and selection of beer. We usually hit them for a sandwich when we're up.
BoozeTan
Guru Poster

Post by BoozeTan »

I think the problem with Phat there was that location really needs to be a grab n go type place. The empanadas were perfect for that