Ratings of unmarked

Communicate with fellow Zoners

Moderators: SkiDork, spanky, Bubba

Skier77
Beginner On Rentals

Ratings of unmarked

Post by Skier77 »

Looking for someone to rate the following from hardest to easiest and then steepest to least.The light, Mississippi/sore thumb, cathedral, bears a**, COC, poop chute, Corniceimo, shortcut to bear, raft woods
icedtea
Guru Poster

Re: Ratings of unmarked

Post by icedtea »

Ugh

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
"To have the truth in your possession you can be found guilty, sentenced to death."
Peter Tosh
rogman
Postinator

Post by rogman »

Fight Club.
skifaster
Poster Child Poster

Post by skifaster »

No idea what your taking about....
"Audaces Fortuna Luvat” Fortune Favors the Bold...
Dickc
Postaholic

Post by Dickc »

If it ain't on the map, proper skiers do not talk about them! :seeya
Phantom
Slalom Racer

Post by Phantom »

skifaster wrote:No idea what your taking about....
I think he's talking about mounting a search and recovery effort
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.
Skier77
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Skier77 »

Dickc wrote:If it ain't on the map, proper skiers do not talk about them! :seeya
Sorry Im new to this and didn't know people didn't talk about them
Griswold
Beginner On Rentals

Post by Griswold »

I guess you didn't realize that most members on here think these are their own personal stashes and that the mere mention of the names will somehow make them more obvious to find than just seeing the tracks after a few inches of snow... I mean cmon. Most of these are already skied more than on map glades and I'm pretty sure a few words on the front page of the New York Times, I mean the almighty kzone, won't add to the traffic they see.
Guy in Shorts
Post Traumatic Stress Syndrome

Post by Guy in Shorts »

Trail map with thousands of lines pop in my head every time I get on the summit. Almost everyone of these I discovered over 40 years of skiing my mountain. I do share the pictures of many of favorites but do not plan to publish any list on a public forum. Spend the time getting to know your mountain and you can find all these gems. Then you too can have your own list of private stashes. Many of my favorites were not doable at all last year so I can't wait to get back in them.
If my words did glow with the gold of sunshine.
daytripper
Wanted Poster

Post by daytripper »

I will show anyone any stash I know of, but I won't tell you you about it.
brownman
Postinator

Post by brownman »

Half of these are skied-out right now. :lol:
GIS' paving posse leaves nothing untouched.

Rating these 'unknown' gems is no simple task.
To whom would one send the invoice upon completion ?

:Toast
Forever .. Goat Path
da Pimp
Double Diamond Skidder

Post by da Pimp »

Gotta earn those turns, and not by asking people to be knuckleheads on a public forum. Telling one means 5 more will know, then 25 know, then what used to be fun & tasty during the entire day ends up not only skied off but ruined within two hours of lift opening.
Highway Star
Level 10K poster

Post by Highway Star »

Skier77 wrote:Looking for someone to rate the following from hardest to easiest and then steepest to least.The light, Mississippi/sore thumb, cathedral, bears a**, COC, poop chute, Corniceimo, shortcut to bear, raft woods
Head down Juggernaut about 300 yards, take a hard right into the woods. Best untracked powder on the mountain.
"I'M YELLING BECAUSE YOU DID SOMETHING COOL!" - Humpty Dumpty

"Kzone should bill you for the bandwidth you waste writing novels to try and prove a point, but end up just looking like a deranged narcissistic fool." - Deadheadskier at madhatter

"The key is to not be lame, and know it, and not give a rat's @$$ what anybody thinks......that's real cool." - Highway Star http://goo.gl/xJxo34" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I am one of the coolest people on the internet..." - Highway Star

"I have a tiny penis...." - C-Rex

XtremeJibber2001 - THE MAIN STREAM MEDIA HAS YOU COMPLETELY HYPNOTIZED. PLEASE WAKE UP AND LEARN HOW TO FILTER REALITY FROM BS NARRATIVES.

"Your life is only interesting when you capture the best, fakest, most curated split second version." - Team Robot regarding Instagram posters
Mister Moose
Level 10K poster

Post by Mister Moose »

da Pimp wrote: Telling one means 5 more will know, then 25 know, then what used to be fun & tasty during the entire day ends up not only skied off but ruined within two hours of lift opening.
True, and applies to more than just unmarked.

It can apply to on map trails, where no one is skiing it even though it is wonderful. You ski it and make it look fun, and then 5 people see you and do it. and then 25. and then 100.

Common for under the gun skiing, where it isn't obvious the new blown man made is dry and velvety, and once you demonstrate that the word gets out. Can apply to certain areas that for no reason are passed over, and then you see them and say, hey, that's passed over. Boom. The world shows up.
St. Jerry
Powderhound

Post by St. Jerry »

OK, since everyone else is too much of a wuss to tell you, I'll give you the answers:

1. Yodeler Glades. Off of Yodeler trail. Some tight turns in some tight trees!
2. Snowshed Cross-Over cornice. Look before you leap!
3. Juggernaut Glades. Get ready for some seriously deep stashes!
4. Backside Bowl. Just follow the trail to Coopers Cabin and keep going left as far as you can!
5. Inter-Connect. Just look at an old trail map from the 1990s to find the goods!
Ron Paul 2012